DVDVR Message Board

TNA NEWS and DISCUSSION THREAD

jaedmc

Speaking of new TNA signings. Rumor has it in a few days when Angle and Joe head over to India for a promotional tour they'll be announcing that Mahabali Veera (the final Ring Ka King champion) has signed with TNA.

All this does is making me miss Barood. I miss watching that chubby little dude. :(

Wasn't Ring ka King like two years ago? I wonder what Veera's been doing ever since.

Yeah, that Storm vs Harris death match was really good. I would have liked an extended heat segment after the Eye of the Storm (or whatever), at least for a few minutes of him just beating on Harris, but I do think it was probably in character for Storm to go for the big win instead, and Storm was doing a great job selling outside the ring, delayed setting it up, so I'm cool with it.

Someone who left FCW a couple of years ago (Eli Cottonwood, maybe? I honestly can't remember, but someone on that level) gave an interview after being released saying he made about $500 a week, which is probably where the "between 20 and 30 grand" figure is coming from. I'd imagine that number has gone up since the transition from FCW to NXT. Regardless, I'd say it's not exactly fair to compare the pay of guys in developmental to TNA wrestlers, since the former aren't touring the country or appearing on PPVs with that salary.

EDIT: a quick Google search tells me it was Jacob Novak who said he "started out" making that number.)

The answer is definitely not Kurt Angle anything. I kind of want to see the Mexico guys though.

You know I hate Angle maybe even more than you do, but I swear to god, he had a match with Desmond Wolfe a few years ago (at whatever ppv ran back the Joe/Daniels/Styles triple threat as the main event) that was god damn great.

(IIRC, the rumor was Angle threw his back out early on, and Nigel had to call the match on the fly because Kurt couldn't do all his planned bullshit spots.)

My favorite TNA match is probably A Double winning the belt from Roode though.  Great match, great moment.

I don't care for AJ Styles, but I really dug his team with Kurt Angle. Mostly because it was PERFECT for Kurt. Angle would just stand on the apron while AJ got his ass beat, then HOT TAG~! andAngle would come in like a crazed wrecking ball and start throwing people around. It was perfect for him, because he didn't have to worry about selling, he just had to come in and wreck shit. 

Speaking of new TNA signings. Rumor has it in a few days when Angle and Joe head over to India for a promotional tour they'll be announcing that Mahabali Veera (the final Ring Ka King champion) has signed with TNA.

All this does is making me miss Barood. I miss watching that chubby little dude. :(

Wasn't Ring ka King like two years ago? I wonder what Veera's been doing ever since.

child-video-games1.jpg

I don't care for AJ Styles, but I really dug his team with Kurt Angle. Mostly because it was PERFECT for Kurt. Angle would just stand on the apron while AJ got his ass beat, then HOT TAG~! andAngle would come in like a crazed wrecking ball and start throwing people around. It was perfect for him, because he didn't have to worry about selling, he just had to come in and wreck shit. 

Agree. I wish the programme with the not quite yet Bad Influence lasted longer, that could have been something really special.