DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 9/5/14

victor

10 man tag this week, 

* John Cena opens SmackDown and talks about how everyone should stop doubting him. Cena says he is a fighter and wants to be champion. The day he doesn't want to be champion is the day he leaves. Cena wants redemption. He plugs the WWE Network and out comes Kane with Seth Rollins. Cena tries some comedy. Roman Reigns comes through the crowd. The lights go out and The Wyatt Family appears in the aisle. Chris Jericho's music hits next and here he come with Mark Henry and Big Show. Triple H is out next and makes Cena, Reigns, Jericho, Henry and Show vs. Bray Wyatt, Erick Rowan, Luke Harper, Kane and Rollins for tonight's main event. 

* Sheamus is on commentary for Cesaro vs. Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler wins a solid back and forth match with a roll up after a tiger bomb reversal into a face buster. Cesaro attacked Ziggler after the match but Sheamus made the save. 

* Stardust and Goldust cut a promo on The Usos. 

* Jimmy Uso defeated Heath Slater. Titus O'Neil was at ringside as was Jey Uso, who was on crutches. 

* Lana and Rusev come out for a promo. Mark Henry interrupts and gets the crowd into a Patriotic fervor. 

* Brie Bella vs. Paige is next with AJ Lee and Nikki Bella on commentary. AJ and Nikki start fighting. Brie goes to ringside to stop them, comes back in the ring and gets DDT'd by Paige. 

* Bo Dallas squashes Zack Ryder with a Bo-dog. Bo cuts a promo after the match but is interrupted by Zeb Colter and Jack Swagger. Swagger brawls with Bo and runs him off. 

* Roman Reigns, John Cena, Chris Jericho, Mark Henry and Big Show vs. The Wyatt Family, Kane and Seth Rollins was a long match. The babyfaces win by disqualification when Cena gets the hot tag and all the heels attack him. The babyfaces hit their finishers and celebrate in the ring to end SmackDown. There were huge chants for Cena and Jericho. 

Yep, yet again Cesaro takes a DDT in a way that looks like it ended him, yet the match continues. Nice counter-wrestling from Swagger which seems to be working for him way better than just being a bump machine. The facebuster out of the Tiger Driver was cool if Kidman-riffic. 

I... didn't really care much about the rest of this. At all.

I got a good laugh out of Triple H blatantly channeling Teddy Long in making the holla holla tag match, complete with Teddy's old theme music to close the segment.

Triple H doing the Teddy Long dance had me rolling. Fantastic stuff.

Had to track down the opening after reading these... awesome. Ten Man Teddy Tribute Tag Team Match. I miss Teddy's impromptu tag matches.

There were some angles the ringside camera caught that either weren't cut away from or were shit poor that someone's gonna get chewed for. Namely the Brie bella jumping into Paige's arms at the end of their match, and Big Shows not-even-gonna-try middle section punches early in the ten man.

Brie broke up a fight to get her ass kicked. That's some Sting level of stupidity.

Get ready, this is hitting the media airwaves with new Total Divas (Sunday night on E!) episodes.  This angle is going to drag out to WM.

At the very least until Bryan returns and then they have him run the gauntlet yet again to win the title at WM.

Brie broke up a fight to get her ass kicked. That's some Sting level of stupidity.

Brie was much dumber than Sting here. Sting at least had a reason to trust say...Flair or Luger. They were either friends before in Luger or hadn't had issues in a long time, so there was at least a reason. Brie is ACTIVELY FEUDING WITH NIKKI and while she's attempting to play the Bret part of "I don't want this fight", they're not really telling that story. She's just confused - why? HER SISTER SAID SHE WANTS HER DEAD. What is confusing about the statement? The method of her demise?

Maybe they are preparing for the Bellas reunite and have Nikki use a Memphis like line of "Nobody beats up my sister but me!"

I really don't see what's so bad about this Bella angle other than them not being too scandalous about it. Bill Watts would book this thing into the ground with family run ins, slut jokes, and racial stereotypes.

People take this shit too seriously when people they don't like are involved.

Maybe they are preparing for the Bellas reunite and have Nikki use a Memphis like line of "Nobody beats up my sister but me!"

I really don't see what's so bad about this Bella angle other than them not being too scandalous about it. Bill Watts would book this thing into the ground with family run ins, slut jokes, and racial stereotypes.

My problem is that I see this angle running until next WM which mean it will drag on.

My problem is that I see this angle running until next WM which mean it will drag on.

The one angle that they DON'T completely hotshot. Of course.

I think the WWE got caught with the angle.  They were worried that people would forget about Bryan while he was out so they dragged the Bellas into it for a couple of months to keep it fresh.  When his rehab did not go as expected and he would likely be out for Summerslam they overbet a bad hand adding in the cheating angle.  Then they thought that they needed an angle for Total Divas so instead of folding and pushing the other girls to the forefront they doubled down on their initial bad bet adding in the jealous sister.  Now they are all in and pot committed until at least the Royal Rumble at which time they will work last years angle if Bryan is ready to return.

It is like they had a bad hand, tried to bluff, made a bad bet, overbet, became pot committed, and then went all in.