DVDVR Message Board

WCW Monday Nitro Omnibus Thread

Zakk_Sabbath

Watching as much Savage as possible as I never followed WCW at this period.

Heel luger yells and sceams at everything done to him! I'm really enjoying it.

Ww3 watching hogan get rid of the black, the fire getting put of control and savage calling sting a cool dude is amazing. For bad reasons. Hulk is always out for himself. Didn't even go in to help Savage when lugar was destroying the arm.

Savage calling his arm a million percent because that's better than a hundred is great. Also, any time its just mean gene and savage doing promos, I love it!

Loved the random joshi tag that ive never seen. American audiences at that time (and still probably now) didn't know how to react to head drops and stiff chicks. Even the brain was freaking.

"They call Scott Norton 'Flash' from his arm wrestling days. They'd lock up and he'd flash the guy." A poor choice of words,Bischoff.

Mean Gene just called Jimmy Hart the original Benedict Arnold. Pretty sure Benedict Arnold was the original Benedict Arnold.

• Like 6

That Johnny B. Badd flat tire bit is legit one of my favorite things ever.

"They call Scott Norton 'Flash' from his arm wrestling days. They'd lock up and he'd flash the guy." A poor choice of words,Bischoff.

Eric also pointed out that Flair can "take advantage of you in a heartbeat".  Bischoff was awful.

I never knew Sabu fought Disco in WCW. I'd forgotten about that one. I thought the match against Lynn at HH95 was his last one. Disco could've been Bo Dallas' body double in that match. He got way more cut up and defined as his career progressed.

My favorite thing is having all the NJPW guys in suits doing some damn work on the buffet they had up there, and Liger wearing his fucking track suit.  Dude Saito was going to town on the food.

And then there's this.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6k0oy_new-japan-pro-interview-segment_sport

Saito and Liger engage in HAM TO HAM COMBAT.

• Like 1

Not really Nitro related but I came across it during my Nitro+PPV marathon:

Why did Eric Bischoff call the Monster Truck match and not Schiavone? Seemed weird that Heenan swapped colleagues for that one match.

"Which side did he did he fall on, the water or the concrete?"

"Does it really matter, same thing"

*Heenan's soul dies a little bit more*

paraphrasing a bit there.

So, will the marathon of these Nitros help us pinpoint the time when Heenan really stopped giving any sort of shit about his job?

I think you can likely gauge it by how intoxicated he increasingly sounds.

Just watched ww3 95', and yes Hogan got screwed but my god how did the fans cheer him when he was reacting like that?

Hogan was basically heel his entire run. Only worried about himself!

Savage never had a clean win on Hogan in WCW did he?

Does anyone know why "WWF" gets blanked when Bischoff says it on Nitro? 

they're using tapes from the 24/7 era?

The 24/7 tapes probably already have the dubbed music that they need but it sounds weird to hear "WW<censored>" when Bischoff is trash talking the WWF.

Watching random Nitros....

Do you think Hogan was aware that Sting was ALWAYS. ALWAYS. ALWAYS. more over in WCW than him? Sting is US champ.... more beloved than Red n Yellow Hogan. Sting is involved in the "Is Luger A Face or Heel?" bit? Still more over as a face than the Hulkster. It warmed my heart then and now. 

They really missed the boat not doing a tag run and then a faceoff of Red n Yellow vs Surfer Sting.

Just watched ww3 95', and yes Hogan got screwed but my god how did the fans cheer him when he was reacting like that?

Hogan was basically heel his entire run. Only worried about himself!

Savage never had a clean win on Hogan in WCW did he?

Savage never got a pinfall on Hogan period as far as I can remember. He beat him by countout a few times during his first heel run in the WWF but I don't recall him ever beating Hogan in any fashion after that.

Ugh.

I'm honestly looking at these old Nitros for the first time and while i've always read and heard Heenan and Ventura really poke the holes in all the things Hogan has done, thise WW3 and post WW3 Hogan is such a dick. It's almost like he is a wimpy complaining Heel.

The best is Savage is in total "Fuck it, you wanna fight?" mode.

Also..

Savage took a choke slam from the Giant on the Cement. Giant was big enough and strong enough at the time to protect dudes (even seen some deleicate Choke Slams on Savage IN the ring) but that looked gross. Awesome though.

I hate Hogan. I want another universe where promotions are built around 80's-mid-90's Savage. Forever.

Watching it for the first time, I actually enjoyed Sting/Hogan from 11/20/95 quite a bit, until the Hulk Up. This may sound weird, but it was like watching two Cena's against one another.

Still remember the MASSIVE rage-on that crowd had for Hogan... and he knew it, even walking out while Sting's music was still playing to deflect some of the heat.

Watching it for the first time, I actually enjoyed Sting/Hogan from 11/20/95 quite a bit, until the Hulk Up. This may sound weird, but it was like watching two Cena's against one another.

Still remember the MASSIVE rage-on that crowd had for Hogan... and he knew it, even walking out while Sting's music was still playing to deflect some of the heat.

I hope someone in WCW realized that sneaking through the crowd was a total heel move. Of course, it's WCW so I'm pretty sure no one realized that they were accidentally booking Hogan as a heel.