DVDVR Message Board

SEPT WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I thought it was driving the head into the ground and KO'ing a guy. 

You know what move I never got sick of? The powerbomb. Even in the 90's when EVERYONE had a powerbomb, I could just watch guys trading powerbombs. Me and my friends powerbombed the shit out of each other. All the time. Like we'd wake up and be like "Oh is it morning already, sure would like some breakf---" POWERBOMB.

• Like 2

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/512976420247961600

"You've waited long enough... Prepare yourself for the next generation. 9/22/2014"

So, what's the skinny on this? My hypotheses:

1) Something to do with the new video game

2) NXT call-ups/half-baked invasion angle

3) WWE trying to generate interest with no clear idea of anything they're actually going to do come Monday.

What say y'all?

It looks like the WrestleCrap writers skim the threads here for ideas just like WWE's writers do. 

http://www.wrestlecrap.com/headlies/headlies-tommy-wiseau-hired-as-new-wwe-head-writer/

Not surprised,the Wrestlecrap site has been horrible for a few years now. RD barely writes for it anymore. And most of the replacement writers are not funny. Especially that Justin Henry fuck.

I used to love the spear when it was Goldberg's move. He would just kill guys with it. I pretty much hate the move when it's done by anyone not named Goldberg or Rhyno.

Worst finisher for me has to be The Stroke/Skull Crushing Finale/Forward Russian Legsweep and variations thereof. I hate that move so much.

Scott Norton's powerbomb just might be the best of the bunch. He always got the guy all the way up over his head damn near on his back before slamming them down with all dat might.

saw the powerbomb talk and wanted to say this. Swayze beat me to it.

in other news, a buddy mentioned Tout yesterday and i couldn't remember what it was. then we had a good laugh at how much of a miserable failure it turned out to be.

I used to love the spear when it was Goldberg's move. He would just kill guys with it. I pretty much hate the move when it's done by anyone not named Goldberg or Rhyno.

Worst finisher for me has to be The Stroke/Skull Crushing Finale/Forward Russian Legsweep and variations thereof. I hate that move so much.

Dennis Condrey made it look killer when taking out jabronis with it on the Superstation back in the day.

I hate this move because it's basically just giving yourself the Rock Bottom.  Bray Wyatt's Sister Abigail makes it look great though and I didn't think that was possible.

I too love Nash's powerbomb and never got why people hated on it, I think Vader's is the best but I do enjoy the jackknife powerbomb a lot.

I loved Nash's, too.  A lot of the times he would lift the guy up high in the air then just let them go, so they would kinda fly through the air and fall awkwardly.  I bet it was a pain in the ass to take, but I wasn't taking it, just enjoyed watching it.

Scott Norton's powerbomb just might be the best of the bunch. He always got the guy all the way up over his head damn near on his back before slamming them down with all dat might.

Norton's powerbomb was awesome.

Crossface Chickenwing is my favorite submission. Dean Ambrose busted one out during a Shield match and it looked so crisp and sweet. His forward DDT is pretty good, but he could go full crazy Bob Backlund just locking guys in the chickenwing whild screaming gibberish at them.