DVDVR Message Board

SEPT WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Maybe a mix of hillbilly gimmicks and evil white colonizer gimmicks in those feds.

Eh, it doesn't really matter, since they're all going to lose to Power Uti anyway.

Or they'll lose to South Africa's national hero, Ahmed Johnson.

They wouldn't lose to Ahmed.  Who would ever force a match with Ahmed.  Would you want to wrestle Ghandi in a match?  Mother Theresa?  The Dahli Lama?  Ahmed Johnson is a uniter of men.  You don't wrestle a great man like that. 

I tuned into Impact just because, why not, nothing's on and it's wrestling. I know I am one of the most critical people here when it comes to TNA, but I have to say, I wish they stumbled on the Manhattan Center when they had more guys. I just really, really love the way the building looks on TV, and NYC is always a rabid, smart crowd. If I were TNA or even ROH, I'd be running here every chance I got. Hell, if I were WWE, I'd be doing NXT there every one in a while (maybe those quarterly shows like Arrival/Takeover) just to get the guys in front of a different crowd. I read earlier today on Cageside Seats that TNA booked a few dates there in January, as well, which is cool. All that being said, I do think the early Raws had a better setup in terms of putting bleachers on the stage, and that sort of thing.

EDIT: Just read in the TNA news thread, courtesy of Rovert, that Mike Johnson cannot verify the reports that TNA is running there in January. Bummer.

He's said before he has one last run in him, he's just waiting on the right guy to come back to work with. Before, his choice was CM Punk. That's kind of out the window right now. I'll take the news from the horse's mouth over internet hearsay. Of course, I won't believe Austin is coming back until I'm watching it live on TV, but still.

I personally would rather Austin remain retired. Rock/Austin at WM XIX was such a great send-off and I hate seeing guys come back and end up only being shells of their former selves.

It's a great match in its way, but I can't imagine Austin is tremendously happy with that as his last match. It's a straight carry job by The Rock really.

I personally would rather Austin remain retired. Rock/Austin at WM XIX was such a great send-off and I hate seeing guys come back and end up only being shells of their former selves.

It's a great match in its way, but I can't imagine Austin is tremendously happy with that as his last match. It's a straight carry job by The Rock really.

All the more reason for hm to stay put doing podcasts. If he needed a carry job 12 or however many years ago, I can't see him coming back and killing it at 50-ish years old. His name is Austin, not Bockwinkel.

All the more reason for hm to stay put doing podcasts. If he needed a carry job 12 or however many years ago, I can't see him coming back and killing it at 50-ish years old. His name is Austin, not Bockwinkel.

He was a mess physically and mentally (from what it sounds like) back then. Seems to be in a much better place in both respects now so I can imagine that would make a world of difference in the quality of match he'd be able to put on.