DVDVR Message Board

SEPT WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I'm watching the rest of Snitsky's infomercial and damnit, I want him to come back with a chef gimmick. I want to see him on Raw wearing an apron that says Kiss the cook, a chef hat, and carrying the Power Pressure cooker to the ring.

if he had a knockoff of the Foreman grill, he could "press" the grill against the face of opponents and then pin them.

And no ref will ask "why does that man have grill marks on his face now?".

So rumblings online are Brock's opponent after Cena at NoC will be Big Show. That is disappointing. Why do they plug Big Show into these roles every fall? If they need Brock to toss around a big dude please give me Brock vs Khali. I'd like to see that. Brock selling the chop like its a death move would be glorious, as would him tossing Khali around. Seriously, he more I think of this,the more I want to see Brock vs Khali. The promos would be glorious, the match would be a freak show, it'd be awesome.

Plus, I think it could be Khali's best match ever with Heyman building heat and Brock being Brock. What is Khali's best match? HHH from SummerSlam 2008? Cena from ONS 2007? Dammit Vince, give me Brock vs Khali. This is the one Khali match I will pay to see.

• Like 1

In the day and age of the WWE Network where ppv buys don't matter anymore other than during renewal periods, why not throw the script out and do something different. Its about intrigue, not starpower. Give the title shot to some career midcarder like kofi or Dolph and make the next months programming around their impending doom. How would that not be more interesting than big show?

I watched some Mid-South a few days ago, around the time where Darsow became a Russian sympathizer. Bill Watts cited his Estonian wife on his talk about Russian aggression. Unfortunately, he divorced that wife and she got the MidSouth video cache, so Watts can't be called on to cut a promo on Commies/Rusev/Russians since the Russians randomly arrested an Estonian police officer this week.

Darsow kinda looked like Gomer Pyle from Full Metal Jacket shortly after he began aligning with the Russians.

It'd be kinda fun if some American guy just aligned with Rusev/Lana. Although that might involve the American essentially being Rusev's Stevie Richards, and eating beatings from American babyfaces before Rusev jumps the face from behind and puts him in the Accolade.

I'd rank Mid-South highly for 80s wrestling that is easy/enjoyable to watch in the 2010s. It's just all-killer stuff and has some sort of relevance, instead of it being like an hour of squash matches in front of an anonymous crowd watching the 4th hour of a 9 hour TV taping

• Like 1

With the opening segment of RAW, I was thinking they would do like a six pack challenge type match with Brock and the rest of the crew.

If they hadn't wasted Kane putting his mask back on to do nothing of note, they probably could have got a month out of Kane turning face and seeking revenge for Undertaker.