DVDVR Message Board

apple stock to plummet tuesday?

misanthrope304

Similarly, I'm not a fan of the technocratic stance on things wherein people "deserve" bad things that happen to them because they don't fully understand the technology they're using. Ok, maybe Grandma with her AOL account she's had since 1998 isn't a particularly knowledgeable user, but she still doesn't deserve to have her savings ransacked just because she fell for a 419 scam.

At the same time, a conversation about being as safe as possible online (do we still use that word?) isn't unreasonable.

"Here's some things you can do to protect yourself" isn't unreasonable.

"You didn't do those things? Sucks to be you" is dick.

I agree.

People can be jerks. While we should protect ourselves from each other accordingly, we still believe in how we wouldn't willing hurt another being.  It's an admirable trait, but unrealistic.

So continued discussion of how to properly use technology and what to do/not to do with it is great.  But that can be done without making someone feel bad about themselves.

Now, let's all sing "Each One, Teach One."  :P

There's two sides of the problem: the hackers and the rest of us for making more of a big deal about it beyond "Oh man, she looks good". Fight them both.

This stuff is why it's so hard to get the girl I'm dating to send me pictures.... *sigh*

You have to start it off by sending her one of the rod, its the rules

• Like 1

There's two sides of the problem: the hackers and the rest of us for making more of a big deal about it beyond "Oh man, she looks good". Fight them both.

This stuff is why it's so hard to get the girl I'm dating to send me pictures.... *sigh*

Didn't work for Brett Favre.

You think I didn't? It's like you don't know me at all... :(

• Like 1

As an aside, my radio name "Dr. Nick Redbone." I'd make a killer senator. Mind you, I'm in Idaho so I'd end up in some sort of "handy in a bathroom stall" kind of scandal. At least I'd be able to fall back on my credentials as a physician.

I have a suspicion that her reluctance really doesn't have anything to do with hackers and insecure smart phones.  :D

So did apples stock actually plumit yesterday?

Oddly it remained relatively unchanged.  The distraction of celebrity boobies kept people from connecting the dots between the hack and iCloud being an open door to other people's private files.