DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 8/29/14

victor

Okay show I guess. seems average 

* SmackDown kicks off with Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt. Reigns wins by disqualification when Erick Rowan and Luke Harper attack him. The Wyatt Family beats Reigns down until Big Show and Mark Henry make the save. There were some people in the crowd upset because Bray didn't mention Ontario in the intro to his entrance. 

* Seth Rollins defeated Rob Van Dam. 

* Paige defeated Emma. After the match, AJ Lee came out with a box of chocolates. This leads to Paige spitting a piece of candy back at Emma but AJ picks it up and eats it. 

* Tonight's main event is changed to a six-man match. 

* Rusev defeated Jack Swagger after Bo Dallas caused interference. Bo attacked Swagger after the match. 

* Jey Uso defeated Stardust. After the match, Stardust and Goldust beat down The Usos. 

* Sheamus defeated Damien Sandow as The Miz again. The real Miz runs from Sheamus after the match but Dolph Ziggler comes out and throws him back in the ring. Miz dodges a Brogue Kick and runs through the crowd. 

* Roman Reigns, Big Show and Mark Henry defeated The Wyatt Family in the main event. The babyfaces pose to end SmackDown.

•  

Either that, or she'd be the one person in WWE who would willingly lick suck share Adam Rose's Lollipop.

When he turns heel, he should start shoving his lollipop into people's mouths after he beats them.

Looks like an excellent show all in all. 2 x Reigns and 2 x Wyatts makes me happy as does the return of Emma! I can do without the antics of the Miz, but other than that see nothing to complain about and much to look forward to.

Still have no idea why they abandoned the Kofi/Woods/Big E stable.

It'll be interesting to see Goldust work heel again, though. First time since 98 or so, right? (Let's try to forget about Black Reign)

He was heel for a brief run against RVD in early 2002.

Would you trust WWE writers - who cannot manage a straightforward storyline under normal circumstances - to write for 3 black men who are angry for reasons that include, but are not limited to: "We're black and the WWE hates us because of that"?  

I know I don't. 

• Like 2

Would you trust WWE writers - who cannot manage a straightforward storyline under normal circumstances - to write for 3 black men who are angry for reasons that include, but are not limited to: "We're black and the WWE hates us because of that"?  

I know I don't. 

I'd be more worried about the inevitable improv guest commentary experience with JBL and Lawler.

Although when I said I have no idea why they dropped it, I didn't consider "Vince/a bunch of white writers suddenly developing a sufficent sense of self-awareness to understand they couldn't craft that angle in a non-insensitive fashion" to be a realistic possibility.

• Like 1

They worked a dark show match this week before the tapings, supposedly. Big E/Kofi were a tag team while X was at ringside. Maybe they're just going to put them in dark matches together so they can get together on the tag team before they really push them.

Supposedly, they're trying to decide whether or not the stable should be face or heel. But, right now, the stable is definitely back on track. "It's been said" that they told Kofi, Big E. and Xavier over the weekend that they're continuing with the stable.

Loved the Roman-Seth opening video. Ambrose came off like a top-level guy being in it too. Roman-Bray being done for absolutely no reason annoyed me. Bray has no affiliation with the Authority right now, and neither guy feels like they should be doing matches against each other at this point in time. The match itself was solid, and I loved Show and Henry saving Reigns and forming TEAM BLACK AND BLUE GEAR! Seth-RVD was fine - double buckle bomb finish was a tad wonky, but set that up more as a killer move for Seth. Emma-Paige was a backdrop for Paige-AJ, and led to some amazing facial expressions and Tom being buried for referencing, and looking like Forrest Gump. This led to a Network plug where they seemed to imply that if you didn't get the Network, you were like Forrest Gump.

Rusev-Swagger saw Cole, the face, point out how many times Swagger has lost - which JBL noted meant Jack's spent half the feud out cold. This was their best match yet, and I loved the spot where Jack gets one arm free, trapped again, gets the other arm free, and gets stopped again before FINALLY GETTING A ROPE. Then it got a tad worse with Bo throwing a towel in, but not being named - he was shown after though, tripping up Jack and causing the loss. He hit his fisher, and needs a new one - it's bodogshit. Jimmy-Stardust and Sheamus-Mizdow were nothing, but at least the latter was amusing thanks to Miz. MAIN EVENT FEATURED BIG SHOW DOING A SUNSET FLIP. I really hope Show's career never ends - he'd be so good as an occasional guy if he can't do full-time work for long. Show followed this up by doing a dropkick and generally outclassing Roman in every single way. Show was just THE MAN here. This wound up being Roman's best match since the end of the Shield - in hindsight, they should've kept him as a tag guy for longer, because he comes off so much better in that role than a singles one. This match made the whole show worthwhile.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/08/wwe-smackdown-8-29-14.html

Screens -

23f840348198727.jpg

7eec8b348198819.jpg

a19424348198832.jpg

128306348202068.jpg

d338c7348202004.jpg

722247348202024.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/mcffbmwfnn6e04bln84g9nja6ic8thsf