DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 8-25-14

MGFanJay

I do wish the adults would shut the fuck up about how Cena sucks and let the kids enjoy their superman. Imagine if there were legions of losers to show up just to do dueling Let's Go Hogan, Hogan Sucks chant. It would've been equally terrible.

Different era

Heroes back then were more like Hogan/Cena. Now we're in the era of "The Dark Knight" where heroes are expected to have nuance and shit. 

I worry that anyone who sides with Nikki in this feud might have slight sociopathic tendencies. I actually thought that was a good segment, but fail to see any way in which Nikki comes off as sympathetic.

Yeah, I'm with you.  So Brie loves the man she married and supported him and made sacrifices for him, leaving Nikki, a professional wrestler, to have to wrestle by herself.  And the crazy boss who treats people like garbage treated Nikki like crap afterwards.  So obviously this means Nikki is completely justified to side with the crazy boss beat up her twin sister and say she wishes she had died as a fetus. 

I mean, who among us can't relate to that? 

Meanwhile Brie's character watched her husband constantly fed to the wolves and stood by him as he rose up against whatever was holding him down, lost her job for it, was attacked and turned against by her twin sister, who then told her she doesn't have a sister and wishes she was dead. 

Clearly Nikki is the sympathetic one who is right and justified.  :huh:

• Like 5

Swagger got hit with a flagpole and Rusev(along with anyone else he's faced in-between) has attacked him there to the point that he's rocking a wrap around his ribs. Cena and Brock have literally only gotten physical with each other twice including the title match. And really? Taker? He looked like hell at WM before Brock even touched him.

Gee, thanks for the heads up! I surely didn't know that before now! And in the WWE's world, they've long since established that an ankle lock is more devestating than multiple germans when Austin got german'd to death by Benoit and Angle and didn't sell them like death the next night/week later by rocking a neck brace or full-body cast, so spare me that line of bullshit.

I was unaware that Jack Swagger's ankle lock was booked as more devastating than Brock Lesnar's multiple germans. Especially since I see Swagger win with it so rarely. 

I don't recall anyone ever kicking out of Trouble in Paradise. Is that more devastating than multiple sick looking germans?

I guess my question would be, what exactly would Lesnar have to do to Cena for it to piss you off when Cena no sells it? Some sort of trouble in paradise ankle lock hybrid?

Nice couple of strawmen.

As for the next-to-last question, if Brock had maimed him like he did at Extreme Rules 2 years ago and he came out "no-selling" it, then yes, I would have an issue with him. Thing is, Brock didn't do that, he just suplexed him a bunch and unless the finish of the match was "Cena lands on his neck from a german and can't continue," 8 days is a reasonable amount of time to recover from the exhaustion and general soreness that'd come from getting thrown around like that.

• Like 1

I do wish the adults would shut the fuck up about how Cena sucks and let the kids enjoy their superman. Imagine if there were legions of losers to show up just to do dueling Let's Go Hogan, Hogan Sucks chant. It would've been equally terrible.

Different era

Heroes back then were more like Hogan/Cena. Now we're in the era of "The Dark Knight" where heroes are expected to have nuance and shit. 

Eh, when I think of nuanced heroes, Bats isn't anywhere close to being one.

20140826_RawGOTN_v1.gif

AJ/Paige reminds me of the Trish/Mickie feud around WM 22. I always felt like WWE dropped the ball with that one. The post-Mania stuff with Mickie pretending to be Trish and Trish pretending to be Mickie was really fun. Then they dropped it out of the blue, and Trish got hurt shortly after to really put the nail in the coffin. Hopefully AJ and Paige can spend a couple months trying to out-crazy one another before they get a wild blowoff match.

The way Cena has come back so quick from that Summerslam beating with seemingly no phyical or mental damage, immediately announcing he wants a rematch, guaranteeing he's going to whoop Brock's ass and finally punking out the entire Wyatt Family to close the show is utter bullshit.

Fuck this company...hard...right in the ass...with a rusty screwdriver. Vince can't die soon enough.

• Like 1

Lesnar almost certainly has to hang onto the title until Wrestlemania to face Reigns, so I figure someone else is gonna interfere to derail Cena into another feud, I don't know where they go with Lesnar from that point. 

They seem to have something else in mind for Swagger than Rusev, I think Bo Dallas is about to get his first acolyte,  cult member.

They seem to have lost faith in the Wyatts, their time in the Sun appears to be over. 

People were booing Hulk like crazy at the Royal Rumble where he acted like a punk bitch when Hogan pulled Sid out of the ring.

Yeah, at a time when folks actually were starting to reject Hogan. You didn't see that shit in 85

Your response is irrelevant to the topic at hand.  Hogan got booed at the Rumble in 1992, about eight years into his run as the top guy in the WWF.  We're nine and a half years into Cena being the indestructible #1 babyface in the main event, hence him being routinely booed and the duelling "Let's Go Cena"/"Cena Sucks' chants.

Hogan pulled a dick move and rightly got booed 8 years into his run. Cena's been dealing with the stupid "You can't wrestle" and dueling chants since the second year of his run. Not the same thing at all.

Swagger/Rusev was awesome. Crowd was into it and it really looked like Swagger could pull off the win at times. Great stuff. Enjoyed Cena destroying Wyatt in the main. Surprised to see Goldust & Stardust turn heel so suddenly, PPV match should be real good but I hope the Usos continue their awesome reign.

I worry that anyone who sides with Nikki in this feud might have slight sociopathic tendencies. I actually thought that was a good segment, but fail to see any way in which Nikki comes off as sympathetic.

Stephanie was de facto face in their feud after Brie turned out to be awful at acting. I could see some sociopaths rooting for Nikki out of spite.

I can understand people preferring Nikki or Steph because they think they're better performers than Brie, but I don't see how anyone can think that they were the babyfaces, or sympathetic, or justified in their actions, in those feuds, which I've seen a few people say.

People were booing Hulk like crazy at the Royal Rumble where he acted like a punk bitch when Hogan pulled Sid out of the ring.

Yeah, at a time when folks actually were starting to reject Hogan. You didn't see that shit in 85

Your response is irrelevant to the topic at hand.  Hogan got booed at the Rumble in 1992, about eight years into his run as the top guy in the WWF.  We're nine and a half years into Cena being the indestructible #1 babyface in the main event, hence him being routinely booed and the duelling "Let's Go Cena"/"Cena Sucks' chants.

And people got to see Hogan wrestle on tv like 10-15 times a year, at most. John Cena wrestles that much or more in a month.

They seem to have something else in mind for Swagger than Rusev, I think Bo Dallas is about to get his first acolyte,  cult member.

This isn't the first time I've heard this and I don't know where it's coming from. They seem to just be building up to a Swagger-Bo match at NOC to continue Bo's push. I like the idea of him having a follower, but a freshly turned Swagger who's been getting great reactions from the crowd would be a bad place to start.

I worry that anyone who sides with Nikki in this feud might have slight sociopathic tendencies. I actually thought that was a good segment, but fail to see any way in which Nikki comes off as sympathetic.

Stephanie was de facto face in their feud after Brie turned out to be awful at acting. I could see some sociopaths rooting for Nikki out of spite.

I can understand people preferring Nikki or Steph because they think they're better performers than Brie, but I don't see how anyone can think that they were the babyfaces, or sympathetic, or justified in their actions, in those feuds, which I've seen a few people say.

While this makes perfect sense, Brie's poor acting makes it very difficult to show any, to quote Big Poppa Pump, sympy at all for her.

• Like 1