DVDVR Message Board

UNFINISHED story lines, angles, etc. What's the rumor?

Gobbledygooker was allegedly supposed to be Mark Calloway in some sort of Eggman gimmick (whatever that could have possibly been), but someone decided that was dumb even by WWF standards and they threw a turkey in the egg at the last minute.

He could have dressed like this-

original.jpg

If that didn't work, give him a tag partner called The Walrus.

• Like 3

Gobbledygooker was allegedly supposed to be Mark Calloway in some sort of Eggman gimmick (whatever that could have possibly been), but someone decided that was dumb even by WWF standards and they threw a turkey in the egg at the last minute.

It was always going to be a mascot.  Vince thought it would be a huge merchandising hit with the kids.  Meltzer talked about it in the Observer for weeks prior to the show.  It was never a last minute decision.  Taker may have been considered at one point early on, but once DiBiase had a mystery partner added to his match, it was always going to be him in the Taker role.

• Like 1

The story I had read was that one of the proposed conclusions to the GTV angle was that MTV's Tom Green would be the man behind the camera, but Vince turned it down because he had no clue who he was.

That's what Russo recently wrote in a column. He wanted it to be Green TV but Vince had no clue who he was so it became Goldust TV.

Given Vince's total lack of knowledge of anything outside WWE I would bet he still has no clue who Tom Green is.

I always wondered what the plan was w Brutus Beefcake's Merman/Furface gimmick, where he came out in a mask and saved Greg Valentine from Earthquake and Dino Bravo.

Didn't he do a few run-ins for different people in that gimmick?

Seems odd they didn't just bring him back in a "Dream Team" reunion with Valentine to feud with Bravo and Earthquake.

I always wondered what the plan was w Brutus Beefcake's Merman/Furface gimmick, where he came out in a mask and saved Greg Valentine from Earthquake and Dino Bravo.

Didn't he do a few run-ins for different people in that gimmick?

Seems odd they didn't just bring him back in a "Dream Team" reunion with Valentine to feud with Bravo and Earthquake.

Now that you mention it, yeah he did do run ins besides the Valentine one, that's the one that I remembered the details from though.

Undertaker as Eggman was never an idea, it's something Taker feared was gonna be pitched to him when he went for his meeting with Vince

Also add me to Raven se7en storyline. It started on Heat and was one of the few reasons I watched that show. He posted the whole angle on his website years ago, it was pretty cool

Also add me to Raven se7en storyline. It started on Heat and was one of the few reasons I watched that show. He posted the whole angle on his website years ago, it was pretty cool

Hilarious that Raven gets put over as some wrestling genius and his big idea is to just rip off the plot of a movie.  :rolleyes:

Speaking of Raven, this probably doesn't count since it never went to television, but I remember a short period of time, where it was reported he was doing some kind of gay gimmick on the houseshows.

Anyone else remember that?

I don't think that entire Vickie Guerrero/John Cena/AJ Lee storyline from a couple of years ago that went on and on and on ever got a conclusion. AJ just turned heel and went with Ziggler and the whole thing never was mentioned again.

Didn't that angle happen around the time of Cena's divorce?  The divorce lawyers may have mentioned that it would not be wise to pull that angle while dividing up the marital estate.

The divorce was filed on May 1 of 2012 and settled by July 18th.  

Didn't the angle start sometime after or close to the finalization?

I am just wondering because Vince likes to pattern angles off of real life events.

The weirdest part of all that is still Rock singing about Cena getting divorced two or three months before it happened.

And tweeting about Bin Laden being killed before anyone or anywhere else broke the news.

Wrestler Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson participates in a top secret government experiment. After something goes horribly wrong Johnson becomes unstuck in time. Never certain where or WHEN he will awaken next, he uses these glimpses of future events to try and right past wrongs.

Rock of Ages. 8pm Fridays, on CBS.

• Like 5

I always wondered what the endgame was for either of those "Vince gets killed" storylines they tried in the late 2000s (limo explosion and the stage collapsing on him during that million dollar promotion). If I remember right, the limo was supposed to tie into the illegitimate son storyline with Kennedy, but ended up being Hornswoggle. It was really awkward because they did the fake tribute show right before Benoit, and then had to scrap everything. I don't remember anything with the follow up to the stage collapse.

The weirdest part of all that is still Rock singing about Cena getting divorced two or three months before it happened.

And tweeting about Bin Laden being killed before anyone or anywhere else broke the news.

Wasn't one of his cousins on the seal team that got Bin Laden?

I randomly recall the Eddie/Hardys angle post Wrestlemania 17 where Eddie was trying to gain their trust and prove he was a good guy by saving them from beatdowns and whatnot but then the angle was dropped when Eddie was let go by WWE. I remember people being into it at the time and the assumption was Lita would turn on Matt and side with Eddie because no mamacita could resist the Latino Heat and that it would have catapulted him to the next level.

Then a year later a potential badass Austin/Eddie feud gets rudely interrupted by Austin's walkout. 
  • Like 1