DVDVR Message Board

Fabulous Places On the Internet

DEAN

On 7/25/2018 at 9:00 PM, MarcosLoura said:

This man creates real art on his youtube channel.

I know this is from almost four years but DO NOT I repeat DO NOT listen to this while not sober.  Holy fuckballs I'm sure it's weird enough without drinks but I might as well be epically stoned after hearing a few of these.

• 1 month later...

I feel like when whoever programs the board's software figures out how to embed TikTok's that will be the end of this place.  But anyway, happy anniversary to the best video of the 2010s

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Does it still refuse to make pictures of Elon? Because the original Dall E, you type in "Alex Jones eating a banana" and it gives you pictures of Alex Jones with bananas for fingers eating his own fingers. But you type "Elon Musk shopping in Tesco" and it gives you blank panels.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ah, YouTube, where I feel like once in a while, I could learn to edit videos and maybe have something to say about my various hobbies, until I'm struck with crippling self-doubt and do none of the above.

Well, now there are a couple of videos about plagiarism making the rounds, most notably from HBomberguy; I don't really think he's that funny, since he's a bit full of himself (I know, I know, me criticizing *that*?) but since my most long-lived Net beef from the days of yore began due to some shithead's idea to steal something I wrote, it brought back a lot of memories.  And it reminded me that a lot of people are JUST THE FUCKING WORST PEOPLE.

Anyway, in case you feel like watching some, this is a *4-hour video*, so take your time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDp3cB5fHXQ

Edited by Contentious C

4 hours ago, Contentious C said:

Ah, YouTube, where I feel like once in a while, I could learn to edit videos and maybe have something to say about my various hobbies, until I'm struck with crippling self-doubt and do none of the above.

Well, now there are a couple of videos about plagiarism making the rounds, most notably from HBomberguy; I don't really think he's that funny, since he's a bit full of himself (I know, I know, me criticizing *that*?) but since my most long-lived Net beef from the days of yore began due to some shithead's idea to steal something I wrote, it brought back a lot of memories.  And it reminded me that a lot of people are JUST THE FUCKING WORST PEOPLE.

Anyway, in case you feel like watching some, this is *4-hour video*, so take your time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDp3cB5fHXQ

I watched that in parts over the weekend and once I got to the main part I couldn't stop watching. The Todd in the Shadows followup (which completely deviates from his usual work - he's a music critic!) is even more amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, YouTube takedowns are quickly becoming my favorite pastime -- except for when Summoning Salt posts a video, because he makes the best mini-docs of anyone.

Here's another well-known YouTuber who turns out to be a massive fucking fraud.

For context's sake, as someone who's worked with and at NIH in depth, the MINIMUM amount of money a standard research funding grant would give a principal investigator (what you call the main supervisor/bossman who is known for researching) is around $300,000.  Per *YEAR*.   Plenty of things would make that number increase, if you can justify them.  Considering the field of research, the location (San Francisco), the potential for PIs in question being top of their field, and the length of time, it's like suggesting you've been donating literally MILLIONS of dollars to a given school, *among other institutions*.  Just baffling stuff to think you could get away with this.  Hope his cellmate likes beards.