DVDVR Message Board

AAA TripleMania preview

Big E Lashley

A very different product than CMLL. Lots of run-ins, heel referee involvement in every match, DQ's non-existent except when they actually do exist & lots of weapons/blood.

There is a ton of good stuff in AAA, I'm just not sure how much of the good is actually going to show up on Triplemania. Psycho/Texano have had good matches in the past so they will likely end being the best match depending on how crazy AAA goes with the nonsense. The Myzteziz/Wagner/Perro/Ciber match will be more interesting for the result than actual match since none of those guys seem open to taking the loss. Fabi/Taya will blow because Taya is useless. The 10 way cruiser match would normally be the best match but they ran that same match at Verano De Escandalo and it was pretty much a mess. There will be a ton of cool spots but it'll be rushed and sloppy which is a shame since there are some good workers wasted in the match. Opener should be real fun and the only true authentic AAA match. I hope Aero Star steals the show.

AAA is great (my favorite promotion ever) but a better jumping in point is usually the TV shows since Triplemania is generally booked like a completely different promotion so you don't get to see the usual great stuff AAA has like the Jack/Angelico six man tags, minis, innovative high flyers vs great catchers matches & hot main events where crowd is going crazy for tecnicos making the rudos look dumb.

Mostly, I'd be buying it for Mysteziz, to be honest.  And, to see some lucha that I've never really seen.  Lucha is still pretty new to me, after all these years. 

I'm a little confused on when this starts.  Does it start at 7 on Sunday?  I'm not going to order it if it's at that time.

Yes it runs head-to-head with Summerslam pretty much and there's no telling if they'll stick to the scheduled time as AAA tends to start late and run late. But maybe they'll get their shit together since it is a regular PPV as well as an iPPV.

• Like 1

earnestly replying to a sarcastic joke!

lowercase perro is an insult - "you're nothing but a low down mangy mutt" kind of dog

Perro started as a nickname for his father (after his name Pedro was misspelled on a poster), re-positioning the name as if it mean a mean pitbull. His son means it that way, everyone else uses as an insult. 

• Like 1

Here's a primer on all the casts of characters that cubsfan wrote up that will be helpful to people watching AAA for the first time:

http://luchablog.tumblr.com/post/94999643993/triplemania-xxii-wrestler-guide

I bought the event this morning but haven't received my username or password yet. Let's hope this isn't a precursor to a bunch of technical issues on their end.

• Like 2