DVDVR Message Board

Little League World Series

Zero

There is actually a debate on WFAN over the LL kids who congratulated a kid who hit a home run off of them. The fact that there are people whose minds are so fucking diseased that they would complain about kids showing sportsmanship in a kid's game scares the shit out of me.

Putting the whole thing on ESPN is a huge mistake. I know $$$ talks but exposing these kids can't be a positive in the long run. . .

There is actually a debate on WFAN over the LL kids who congratulated a kid who hit a home run off of them. The fact that there are people whose minds are so fucking diseased that they would complain about kids showing sportsmanship in a kid's game scares the shit out of me.

I had a similar feeling watching the 30 for 30 short on Joe Delaney a couple days ago.  Given how awful sports radio and TV is, can imagine how much undeserved crap he would have gotten for trying to the save the lives of 3 kids in a pond even though he couldn't swim himself and had superstardom just waiting for him

I thought it was kind of cool to see that pitcher reaction when that home run was it.  Yeah he should be bummed but it such a towering shot that he couldn't help but look at it and be impressed it. Chances are he has never seen anything fly that fast before

I haven't been able to watch much of it this year. But I love the LLWS. Last year's run in Philly for the Taney Dragons was incredibly and a total blast. A bunch of the players (including Mo'ne Davis) go to the school where my wife teaches. She hasn't taught any of them but all of her co-workers who have say they are the nicest and sweetest possible kids. Mo'ne could not have had more attention (cover of Sports Illustrated) but has handled it incredibly well and is apparently just a really sweet, nice girl. The kids who were from Philly last year all seemingly had a ton of fun with their overnight fame and are still doing so to this day. That seems like it was an awesome once-in-a-lifetime experience.

That doesn't get to happen for everyone who competes in the LLWS. I mean, some of those kids look like they've spent their entire lives as batting cage robots. And a lot of the coaches just ooze slime. But for some kids it's really rewarding.