DVDVR Message Board

DC Comics omnibus thread

odessasteps

Tom King said they're dead dead. Since none of them but Wally are A list, they're most likely staying dead (for a decade) I also read there's more deaths to be revealed later.

I'm expecting Wally to come back later but abandons his Wally West ID and creates a new human body out of the speedforce. Wally already died multiple times.

Didio would rather ignore how the fanbase reacted so positively ot Wally's return nd say to himself" These comic book fans don't know what they want. I'll tell them what they want!" and what's being done to Dick Grayson is another example of that type of thinking.

Oh fuck... Didio is Vince McMahon

Jame

HIC-4-COV-COL.jpg?q=35&w=864&h=1311&fit=

Heroic Serial Killer HarleyQuinn killed Wally West the crazy murderer? Or so they say on other sites. The Flash annual deals with his death too. 

Also Young Justice Bendis solicits says somehow Superboy gets rewritten back in canon. Or not.

On Amazon I see that DC has collected older Batman stories into different books that were written and drawn by various of people. Some of them are Legends of The Dark Knight by Jim Aparo or Tales of the Batman by Gerry Conway. Has anybody here read these books and are they worth getting?

On 10/4/2018 at 3:05 PM, The Unholy Dragon said:

It's a whole teen line by Bendis. 

Young Justice with the classic gang. Wonder Twins back in continuity. Ginny Hex, descendent of Jonah and science action hero.

I'm so into this.

Middle-aged Bendis writing a team book about teenagers sounds like a hilariously terrible idea. Dude should be banned from ever writing a team book ever again, after how abysmal his Marvel team books were.

On 10/4/2018 at 10:29 PM, odessasteps said:

Maybe she will be cloned from Jonah’s taxidermied corpse.

In All-Star Western, they retconned that into a Jonah Hex imposter.

I've read The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Strikes Again and Dark Knight Returns:  The Last Crusade. Only one I haven't is The Master Race which I likely will for completions sake. What was the verdict? I know it was hit with delays.

I liked Master Race, but I felt like it was kinda lightweight compared to the other Dark Knight Returns stories.  It was a fast read for me, and not much stayed with me.  To me, it reads more like an Elseworlds book than a followup to DK2.

I'd rank DKR2 above it myself, though I probably enjoyed Master Race more, if that makes any sense.

• Like 1

I loved the second half of the Scooby Doo gorilla issue featured not only the doom patrol, but flex mentallo.

i said this last time,  but why are they still doing those DC/HB team ups? I guess someone must be reading them. It seems, based on flicking through a couple, they aren’t even doing the back up strips drawn in HB style anymore. 

51 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

i said this last time,  but why are they still doing those DC/HB team ups? I guess someone must be reading them. It seems, based on flicking through a couple, they aren’t even doing the back up strips drawn in HB style anymore. 

Porky/Lex had a backup. The ones from this week had a 4-part Secret Squirrel backup.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

I loved the second half of the Scooby Doo gorilla issue featured not only the doom patrol, but flex mentallo.

They're steady sellers in my shop. Some of the B-List DC characters have definitely outsold their main books with them, honestly.