DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 8-11-14

MGFanJay

Seriously, who did Cesaro piss off?  How can they botch someone this badly?  

He's getting the jobber non-entrance now.  They sabotaged him the minute they paired him up with Heyman.  Not saying he's on the same level as Ryback or Curtis Axel, but I mean just pairing up a guy with Heyman doesn't automatically elevate them.  Case in point, John Heidenreich.

I thought the Stephanie-Brie stuff was so incredibly cartoony that it was awesome. Come on, guys. If they tried this exact build for Cena vs. Lesnar, then you could rightly shit on it, but they're building Stephanie vs. Brie. Who gives a shit? That was a perfect angle for this feud. 

Heyman's promo wasn't as great as his one from a few weeks ago, but it was still awesome. Cena's promo got kinda shooty fruity there for a bit, but was still pretty good. And I'm still good-natured about the whole 9.99 thing, because they haven't absolutely beaten it into the ground yet like they have "WWE Universe." We'll get to that point in a week or two.

And one more of you nerds says the Claire Lynch here wasn't attractive and I'm gonna snap. You guys pick up better while shopping for DVDs at the ROH merch table? Gosh!

• Like 1

I'm not big on authority figures, but Sheriff Orndorff would be pretty great.

There was also this amazing moment where Piper's music hit and Khali was in the way so he had to move. The camera cuts in on him suddenly, though, and you wonder why the hell Khali's coming down to piper's music.

And hell, back to Orndorff. The shit eating grin on his face as Brock was staring down Hogan was great. As was him going back for three divas kisses. 

The fact that Piper was eyeballing him and Flair had that stupid smug smile kind of ruined the moment for me when Lesnar crashed the party. 

See, I liked that Piper and Flair still looked like batshit crazy old dudes who would have welcomed an F5.

I do wish they'd have brought out an old guy that could still bump so that Brock could have gotten a little bit in.  Not Sting, though.

• Like 1

I thought the Stephanie-Brie stuff was so incredibly cartoony that it was awesome. Come on, guys. If they tried this exact build for Cena vs. Lesnar, then you could rightly shit on it, but they're building Stephanie vs. Brie. Who gives a shit? That was a perfect angle for this feud. 

Heyman's promo wasn't as great as his one from a few weeks ago, but it was still awesome. Cena's promo got kinda shooty fruity there for a bit, but was still pretty good. And I'm still good-natured about the whole 9.99 thing, because they haven't absolutely beaten it into the ground yet like they have "WWE Universe." We'll get to that point in a week or two.

And one more of you nerds says the Claire Lynch here wasn't attractive and I'm gonna snap. You guys pick up better while shopping for DVDs at the ROH merch table? Gosh!

Eh, she was alright looking IMO but just b/c a guy watches wrestling doesn't mean he can't pick up attractive chicks and not find a sort of plain looking woman like that actress unattractive. Not all of us are Cheeto eating, Mountain Dew drinking basement dwellers you know.

• Like 1

I so wish the WWE would stop running angles that require their entire fucking roster to stand on the stage looking like chumps.

There's something awesome about Paul Orndorff rocking a hipster mustache that would make half of Brooklyn go pants-free.

• Like 7

The roster on the stage thing is just so incredibly stupid.  So this gigantic beast of a man is getting in the ring with 8 guys who can barely move and no one tries to step in?  No one wants to make a name for themselves by standing up for the legends?  The entire roster is a bunch of pussies, except for John Cena, who is just a jerk for not coming to the birthday party?  So fucking dumb.  And do we really need everyone's music to be played for a run in?  Just run the fuck in.  Don't stop at the sound board and have someone cue up your music.  Also, that Roman Reigns promo was terrible.  Who is writing this shit?  I don't remeber his final catch phrase, but it sounded so forced and unnatural.  Swags continues to be a hoss and fucking bring it.  Sheamus and Cesaro too.  Dean Ambrose is so out of control great at his job right now.  Need to see the Wyatts stuff, but it seems like Bray is getting a little played out.  Time for the Luke Harper mega push.

• Like 2

Clair Lynch redo, Reigns starting to show cracks in the ring, The Roster getting punked with the stage shit again, 

Show was hard to watch after the opening Heyman promo.

• Like 1

I really like the stage stuff, to be honest. I mean, I get that it's not good from a narrative level, but I get a kick out of watching their reactions to things and who stands with who and what not. It was really fun to me, for instance, that Zeb was WAY back in the Gorilla position for some reason.. 

• Like 1

I don't remeber his final catch phrase, but it sounded so forced and unnatural.

"Believe that", so he's ripping off Teddy Long.

If you want to feel old, the 8 people in the ring for the Hogan birthday bash represented over half a millennium's worth of age (501 years to be exact).

It really bugged me last night that Roman Reigns completely no sold the arm/shoulder work that Rybaxel spent the whole match working on. Heck, them repeatedly bashing his shoulder in to the ring post and not stopping was the finish of the match. Then he pops up and gets his comeback and is hitting punches and spears acting like the match never happened and that he wasn't getting rammed in to the post just 2 minutes ago. I was literally talking to my screen "Sell the fucking shoulder!". Those things DO matter and really took me out of it. Ugh.