DVDVR Message Board

Spanish language remake of Breaking Bad -- wtf

Technico Support

So this just premiered in June, but they already have the first four seasons shot?  (I didn't catch anything from season 5 in that clip, but I might have missed it)  Or are they condensing the story into fewer seasons?

Hmm, according to the wiki, they're doing 62 hour-long episodes, just like the original.  

The clip was good for people who have already seen the English version, but gave away a bit much for new viewers.  You can't just give away the Gustavo Fring kill shot with no buildup.  

So this just premiered in June, but they already have the first four seasons shot?  (I didn't catch anything from season 5 in that clip, but I might have missed it)  Or are they condensing the story into fewer seasons?

Hmm, according to the wiki, they're doing 62 hour-long episodes, just like the original.  

The clip was good for people who have already seen the English version, but gave away a bit much for new viewers.  You can't just give away the Gustavo Fring kill shot with no buildup.  

The whole series seemingly being shot already weirded me out, too.  I saw season 5 scenes (Lydia sweetening her tea, the abandoned house with "Jeisenber" on the wall), too.  Maybe they shot post-season 1 scenes just for the trailer?

There was some discussion of this in the World Cup thread too.

Some of the changes of culturally interesting.  They took out the pool in the backyard because in Colombia it would be absurd that a person rich enough to have a house and a pool would be unable to pay their medical bills.

This was a problem, apparently, when they ran the show in China.  People thought it was unbelievable that a teacher would be so poor.  Apprently teachers are well-paid and respected there.  also the notion that someone with a "free standing" house (not a condo I guess) is struggling to pay their bills was mocked as insane and unrealistic.

Let's not even get into how amazing Colombian Saul is:

Metastasis_saul.jpg

• Like 1

I am honestly surprised that it hadn't happened sooner. 

If you research it had enough, you'll probably also see that there is some version of Breaking Bad floating around Bollywood.