DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 8/8/14

victor

These are the only Spoilers I could find, Laredo is kind of a strange choice to hold Smackdown in, not much of a town. 

Dean Ambrose opens the show with an in-ring promo. Before he can say a whole lot, Seth Rollins comes out and interrups him. Ultimately, Ambrose reveals the stipulation for their match at SummerSlam, which he earned the rights to do after Monday’s “Beat The Clock” challenge at RAW. Ambrose announced a Lumberjack Match between he and Rollins for SummerSlam. To close out this segment, however, Rollins revealed that Ambrose’s opponent for tonight is Randy Orton.

- Sin Cara def. Damien Sandow in the first official match taped for this week’s SmackDown.

- Paige def. Natalya in Divas action.

- There was a promo during the tapings featuring Chris Jericho. He, of course, spoke about Bray Wyatt and their match at the upcoming SummerSlam pay-per-view.

- The Dean Ambrose vs. Randy Orton main event ended in a No Contest when Rollins interfered and a big melee erupted to close out the show.

Maybe he thinks it means the winner gets a shack in Oregon and a bucketful of beans.

he had a job in the great north woods, working for a cook for a spell.  but he never did like it all that much and one day the axe just fell.

Has there ever been a good lumberjack match? Ugh. Not to mention, any kind of "enclosure" stipulation doesn't make a lot of sense here, because Rollins hasn't really been running from Ambrose, he's just unsurprisingly tired of Ambrose stalking him. Rollins has shown multiple times he's willing to mix it up with Ambrose and even invited it at MITB. This feud really needs a street fight or falls count anywhere type of wild brawl. Obviously that could still happen down the road, but who knows how painstakingly dragged out the feud may or may not be when they get to that point. Strike while the iron's hot, people.

God damn it, a fucking lumberjack match, really? I seriously don't think there was a worse choice. A normal match or some fucking object on a pole match would've even been better. A normal match is the logical continuation of Battleground, something on a pole could at least somewhat convey the threat of serious injury... Hell, even an evening gown match would've accentuated Ambrose's crazy character.

I'm not sure I've ever been more pissed reading spoilers. Completely ruins one of my most anticipated matches of the year, and not with some obvious chickenshit heel booking that's supposed to get negative heat. It's the supposedly crazy face beating the odds and coming up with the most limp-dick revenge stipulation imaginable.

I would rather see a coal miner's glove match.

It would be a dirty wool glove Dean found while digging through a dumpster that he glued shards of glass to.

Wasn't that the Tapei Death match between Ian and Axl Rotten? That seems right up Ambrose alley.

A fucking lumberjack match? That'll put WWE Network subscriptions in seats.

The company is going after that all important "Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox" demographic.

In other news, yeah, this stip is underwhelming. 

A fucking lumberjack match? That'll put WWE Network subscriptions in seats.

The company is going after that all important "Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox" demographic.

In other news, yeah, this stip is underwhelming.

Maybe Ambrose will dig up Matt Borne, so he can have Big Josh as a lumberjack. Grave robbing doesn't seem like something that Ambrose wouldn't stoop to.