DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2k15

RonL21

• 3 weeks later...

Some of my friends are trying to convince me to buy this so we can play each other online. We spent hours on 2k14 fighting each other in triple threat elimination matches or teaming up in tag teams. But from what I understand 3way eliminations don't exist in the new game. If this were 20-30 bucks, it'd be a much easier decision to make. 

Some of my friends are trying to convince me to buy this so we can play each other online. We spent hours on 2k14 fighting each other in triple threat elimination matches or teaming up in tag teams. But from what I understand 3way eliminations don't exist in the new game. If this were 20-30 bucks, it'd be a much easier decision to make.

Whoever is setting up the match can press triangle on the match select screen to change rules, there you can turn eliminations on or off. At least on the ps3.

Played this via gameshare for a few minutes before my friend's connection crapped out. It was super laggy and I couldn't really figure out the chain grappling mini game in the beginning, but I was able to get Luke Harper to hit the rolling lariat on Graves, which was a pretty cool animation. 

Whoever is setting up the match can press triangle on the match select screen to change rules, there you can turn eliminations on or off. At least on the ps3.

Not on PS4 you can't.  :(  I almost always had some kind of rule change for multi-man matches.  Amazing how the supposedly more advanced version has far less than the last-gen counterparts.

I still play this, mainly for Universe mode.  The rivalries system is better with all kinds of stories to use.  But the part that's lacking are cutscenes to see these stories play out.  If they found a way to tie in story mode to this that'd be ideal.  You could do a rivalry, add some dialogue for cutscenes, and upload the rivalry on CC.  As it is, as much fun as it is doing a ROH universe mode, nothing is going to come out of it aside from having fun with the matches.

The full list of maneuvers to be added to the game via the New Moves Pack can be seen below:

1. Cross-Legged Fisherman Buster
  2. Electric Chair/German Suplex Combo
  3. Knee Drop Brainbuster
  4. Straight Jacket German Suplex
  5. Bridging Package Powerbomb
  6. Spinning Powerbomb
  7. End of Days
  8. Backslide Driver
  9. Northern Lights Brainbuster
  10. Fireman’s Carry Overhead Kick
  11. Fireman’s Carry Neckbreaker
  12. New Generation Combo
  13. Hart Attack
  14. Spike Piledriver 2
  15. More Bang
  16. Package Piledriver/Brainbuster Combo
  17. Spike Tombstone Piledriver
  18. Calf Killer
  19. Rear Naked Choke
  20. Somersault Cutter
  21. Figure-Four Headscissor
  22. Strong Style Knee Strike
  23. Tequila Sunrise
  24. Chicken Wing Gutbuster
  25. Cravate Suplex
  26. Handspring Cutter
  27. Rack Attack
  28. Running Knee Smash
  29. Crunchy
  30. Uso Crazy
  31. Kudo Driver
  32. Discus Big Boot
  33. Sister Abigail 3
  34. Gutwrench Suplex Combo
  35. Lumbar Check

Cool list. Nice to see Kenny Omega, Adam Cole, Chris Hero, Bucks and a few others get represented as far as moves go.

Strong Style Knee Strike sounds like the Boma Ye. I'm sure Nakamura will be a popular CAW if he isn't already.

Fireman's Carry Overhead Kick sounds like it could be Ricochet's finisher, but I'm not positive.

Not many CAW slots for 2k15 though, right? These would have been great if they were added to last year's game.

I'm hoping that's the Boma Ye, a Nakamura CAW done right would be awesome.  Except for the fact that he's so damn wacky no way will it be properly represented in the game.

I'm looking forward to getting the moves pack.  It's going to fill in some gaps in the moveset due to lack of create-a-finisher.

The full list of maneuvers to be added to the game via the New Moves Pack can be seen below:

• Cross-Legged Fisherman Buster
  • Electric Chair/German Suplex Combo
  • Knee Drop Brainbuster
  • Straight Jacket German Suplex
  • Bridging Package Powerbomb
  • Spinning Powerbomb
  • End of Days
  • Backslide Driver
  • Northern Lights Brainbuster
  • Fireman’s Carry Overhead Kick
  • Fireman’s Carry Neckbreaker
  • New Generation Combo
  • Hart Attack
  • Spike Piledriver 2
  • More Bang
  • Package Piledriver/Brainbuster Combo
  • Spike Tombstone Piledriver
  • Calf Killer
  • Rear Naked Choke
  • Somersault Cutter
  • Figure-Four Headscissor
  • Strong Style Knee Strike
  • Tequila Sunrise
  • Chicken Wing Gutbuster
  • Cravate Suplex
  • Handspring Cutter
  • Rack Attack
  • Running Knee Smash
  • Crunchy
  • Uso Crazy
  • Kudo Driver
  • Discus Big Boot
  • Sister Abigail 3
  • Gutwrench Suplex Combo
  • Lumbar Check

Cool list. Nice to see Kenny Omega, Adam Cole, Chris Hero, Bucks and a few others get represented as far as moves go. Strong Style Knee Strike sounds like the Boma Ye. I'm sure Nakamura will be a popular CAW if he isn't already. Fireman's Carry Overhead Kick sounds like it could be Ricochet's finisher, but I'm not positive. Not many CAW slots for 2k15 though, right? These would have been great if they were added to last year's game.

• Like 1

I certainly recognize a few of the moves that are associated with indy guys.  But could somebody please list which moves are associated with who?  I know the Young Bucks stuff, Nakamura, Hero, Cop Killa, etc.  But some I know I've seen from people but can't place a name.  Thanks.

Straight Jacket German (Florida Key) & brainbuster to the knee = Adam Cole.  Either he or Steen (shit, maybe both) do the fireman's carry to the knee as well.

Lumbar check= Roderick Strong & Cedric Alexander

Electric Chair German = Kenny Omega (Croyt's Wrath)

Spinning Powerbomb = Michael Elgin

Crunchy = Trent? (Barreta).  I think there may be some PWG fans at THQ.  The only time I've heard this finisher called that was on PWG commentary where Chuck Taylor said he asked Trent what the move was called and Trent said, "I don't know, that crunchy thing."

Handspring Cutter = Jay Lethal though I think Kalisto does it, too

New Generation Combo/Package Piledriver & Brainbuster = Steen & Generico's finisher

• Like 1

I think Hero did some mocap stuff last year, which might explain why the Cravate Suplex and Rolling Boot are 100% spot on.

And yeah, Cole does the fireman's carry to the knee, as does AJ Styles, and Hiroki Goto.

Tanahashi also uses the Straight Jacket German as a nearfall.

Bridging Package Powerbomb = Kota Ibushi's current super finisher (Kevin Steen originated the release version)

Chicken Wing Gutbuster = Taguchi

Backslide Driver = Ricochet

Northern Lights Suplex/Brainbuster Combo = Ricochet

Fireman's Carry Overhead Kick = TJP

Cross Legged Fisherman Buster = Kenny Omega, Shelley, Eddie Edwards

Running Knee Smash = Ciampa (I think)

Is the 630 splash in this game? Kinda strange there are several Ricochet moves except for any of his finishers.

• Like 1