DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2k15

RonL21

I just don't think the game looks improved enough engine-wise and performance-wise to justify the cutting of all those creation options for next generation. I did have this pre-ordered, but I think I'll just get my money back. Maybe if you guys get your hands on the next-gen versions and there's a lot of great feedback about it, I'll just go buy it outright. 

Early indications for next gen videos are that there are a bunch of annoyances like commentary still being terrible, crowd sound still not being all that responsive, people disappearing from the ring after they lose a match instead of selling, etc

that said, the actual gameplay, repetitive old reversals animatons aside, looks pretty sim-like and great; this triple threat match is p much 20 minutes of exhausted 300lb hosses murdering each other and if you don't mark out for the finish you have a heart of stooooone

After watching a bunch of the videos Troma mentioned yesterday and this one you've posted, I'm with you in that I'm a little disappointed with the portions of the gameplay and accouterments but there is a noticeable improvement. Perhaps not as big of a jump as I was expecting, particularly when they slashed so much stuff from the last version in making the jump. It would seem the biggest difference in gameplay is the stamina system. Another nice thing is there seems to be a great deal more of transition animations and little touches like guys actually grabbing opponents to hit moves rather than just transporting into them. Cena setting up the AA is a good example of that.

Also, why does long hair on men look way more realistic than the women's? That's so weird.

I decided to go ahead and get 2K14 for free as part of the B2G1 at Target today and just skip 2K15 altogether. I like the idea that they're moving toward a more sim-heavy style of gameplay, but I need enough CAW space to download the better part of the 1991-1992 WCW roster alone, much less all the other characters I want. I'm looking forward to 2K16 having improved sim mechanics and fuller creation options. 

You all need to stop what you're doing and watch the video Chip posted because it's fucking hilarious

I will say that it made me really want to see Brock/Batista and Brock/Ryback in real life.

Yes, the second one. I swear Bray has titty physics

"Titty physics" is a thing people should say more.

And yeah, I'm skipping 2015 all together. I love the thought of the game moving more toward a sim base but they stripped FAR too much away as far as modes and CAW space for me to drop the cash on the initial buy and DLC.

Had a strange, and honestly comical glitch in the "Hustle, Loyalty, Disrespect" 2K Showcase mode today.  Spoilering for those who haven't played it:  

During the entrances in the SummerSlam 2011 match between Punk and Cena, the ring announcer was replaced by Alberto Del Rio, only the microphone was floating in the air where Justin Roberts would be holding it. The announcement was made in Justin's voice, but with ADR still in the ring. After the match, when ADR did the MITB cash in, he was awarded an invisible belt by the referee. He then celebrated around the ring and ringside, clutching his invisible belt

Anyone have that glitch yet?  I've also played through the mode in which this glitch didn't happen, so not sure if just an odd occurence or not.

So they seemingly took out a massive number of random-seeming match types like 2/3 falls, and 2vs2 tornado tag, but not 6-man tornado - really seems like they couldn't properly finish this in time and it's got a weird awkward cut off with vestiges of stuff that was meant to make the cut, like having women's call names and no create mode for women

this is just fuckin badass though

• Like 2

Apparently, there are no ladder matches in 1 v. 1, no handicap matches, and a ton of other missing match types besides that. This is a terrible rush job. 

This list is sourced in multiple places and was created by early players who got their copies over the weekend: 

Creation modes

- Create a Diva
- Create a Title
- Create an Arena
- Custom Themes
- All custom entrances other than the guy talking on his phone. Only roster member entrances
- Create a Finisher

1 vs 1:

- Inferno
- Ladder
- I Quit
- 2 out of 3 Falls
- Special Referee (yet is in the showcase mode)
- Casket (yet is in the Showcase mode)
- 3 stages of hell (Yet is in the showcase mode)
- Backstage Brawl

2 vs 2:

- Tornado Tag
- Extreme Rules
- Hell in a Cell
- Ladder
- Steel Cage
- Table
- TLC
- Elimination Tornado
- Elimination Table
- Mixed
- Backstage Brawl

Triple Threat:

- Falls Count Anywhere
- 2 out of 3 Falls
- No DQ
- Ladder
- Steel Cage
- TLC
- Backstage Brawl

Fatal 4 Way/4-Man:

- Battle Royal
- Hell in a Cell
- Ladder
- Steel Cage
- Table
- TLC
- Falls Count Anywhere
- 2 out of 3 Falls
- No DQ
- Backstage Brawl

6-Man:

- Elimination Chamber Tag
- Championship Scramble (Was removed in 2k14, but notable still)

Handicap Matches

- All handicap matches