DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

Were the Nitro Grill and WWF New York actually decent restaurants?

I can;t speak for the Nitro Grill, but WWF New York was fucking terrible eats.  They also sold like no merch for the wrestlers, just restaurant stuff.  The theme/inside was cool, but the food was a step under Applebees.  

Don't know when you were there, but I remember they had plenty of wrestlers merch (they were a few blocks from my office). Burgers were good too.

Yeah - I was there in 2001 and bought Tazz and Kurt Angle tshirts there

Were the Nitro Grill and WWF New York actually decent restaurants?

I can;t speak for the Nitro Grill, but WWF New York was fucking terrible eats.  They also sold like no merch for the wrestlers, just restaurant stuff.  The theme/inside was cool, but the food was a step under Applebees.  

Don't know when you were there, but I remember they had plenty of wrestlers merch (they were a few blocks from my office). Burgers were good too.

Yeah - I was there in 2001 and bought Tazz and Kurt Angle tshirts there

I went when they first opened.  Not much there.

tumblr_n9r6zdMAJB1sg99p0o1_500.png

*Click to Enlarge*

I had a reader recently send in several photos of the WCW Nitro Grill menu he swiped from the restaurant in 1999, pics are all here.

I am disappointed they didn't somehow have the Goldberger with bacon.

Don't be that disappointed his burger includes two different cheeses, remember meat and dairy together is a big no no for people keeping kosher.
  • Like 1

Some of that stuff on the Nitro Girl looks like stuff I would want to eat though. AND OH MAN that telegram is awesome. I think I would pay them to let me work in their archive for a month.

Freudian slip?

I could go for a little Korean

Gratuitous and prurient Nitro Girl Spice reference

41302.jpg

I feel stupid for asking this but who is the dude across from The Golden Boy?

Willie Gilzenberg who was the WWWF president in the 60's and 70's, I think he also owned a small percentage of the promotion. Vince Sr. Is sitting across from Jr. & Linda.

• Like 2