DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I could even see them panic and run with something like Rollins vs Cena instead of Rollins vs Reigns at Mania.

for what it's worth, the house shows following Night of Champions has Rollins/Cena for the strap as the main event.

Such a silly argument.  You can get a fruit basket delivered to your house every month for $10.  If you don't like fruit, do you order it anyway because it is 'just 10 dollars?'  If someone isn't enjoying the service, why would they pay for it just because they could?

• Like 1

There is a lot of the PPV's and SNME/COC's that I have not seen so the Network is more than worth it for me. Getting the PPV's I was not ordering along with the archives is like icing on the cake, crappy product or not.

Such a silly argument.  You can get a fruit basket delivered to your house every month for $10.  If you don't like fruit, do you order it anyway because it is 'just 10 dollars?'  If someone isn't enjoying the service, why would they pay for it just because they could?

I assume someone ordered it because they are a wrestling fan. I don't see how a wrestling fan could not love this and find value in it. I have been gorging on it for days at a time and am still finding new stuff. 

And I know how much trouble it is to cancel a Paypal commitment and cancel a bank account. A lot of trouble to avoid paying ten bucks a month. 

These cheap fucks are also responsible for the 9.99 shit on all WWE programming now. 

Well I will agree that doing the paypal/bank account thing is rather excessive and a lot of hassle to get out of the contract.

I used to do that with gym memberships before they loosened their policies.  I would do anything to avoid exercise.

What is the deal with people going to so much trouble to get out of paying ten dollars a month?

Earlier today I was thinking about how some fans want to be seen as smart and so they adopt the 'suppose tos' of being a good/smart wrestling fan. WZ did a poll a while ago and one of the questions was something along the lines of 'How much are you willing to spend on a good PPV product?" The MAJORITY of those that answered the poll stated that they would be willing to pay 30 dollars. This is that 'suppose to' shit. The bottom line is that everyone in the world - rich or poor- love good deals and if they can get something for less- why pay more? We aren't talking about a pair of Nikes vs a paie of shoes made out of dry mud. We are talking about WrestleMania for 10 dollars vs. WrestleMania for 50 dollars. SummerSlam for 10 dollars vs. SummerSlam for 30 dollars. Its the same program. Same product. Why would someone want to pay more?

Never underestimate what some fans will do to try and get themselves over online as a good/smart wrestling fan. Some fans will scream about how the internet is killing wrestling (which is another topic in-and-of itself: How 40,50,and 60 year old con men successful conned members of Generation X and Me into believing the internet is a bad thing) all the while watching a torrent in the privacy of their own home while bitching about PPV prices on forums, stating they want to pay 30 dollars in polls, and then finding ways to weasel out of paying 10 dollars a month. I know a low of 'lower class' people watch pro wrestling- but come the fuck on?

• Like 1

Like a lot of us, I more or less subscribe to the Network for the library, but there's really no argument to be made for streaming PPVs for free when you can get them for 1/6th of the price that the cable company charges and support WWE as content creators at the same time. Regardless of how I feel about the current WWE scene, the advent of the Network is exciting as hell to me just as a content delivery method.

• Like 5

I'm a wrestling fan, but I don't need to keep paying $9.99 a month because I am one or to prove that I am one. If it comes down to it, and $10 helps out with a grocery bill or something else, then the grocery bill or something else is more important, and I'll just have to be happy with reading about the PPV.

• Like 1

I don't get the people who get it for current PPVs. Who gives a shit about that when you have every SNME, Clash and PPV ever along with a buncha TV and house shows. 

I wish they would get their ass in gear getting up stuff like the NWA Saturday Night show and the full library of MSG/Boston and Philly house shows. But current PPVs sucking should not even enter the equation. 

For me it is not the people who do not renew. It is the big spenders canceling thru paypal and closing bank accounts just to avoid ten dollars a month for six months. 

Those people are ruining it for everybody.