DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

So, Cena's pretty much definitely winning back it back at NOC, huh? I do think that's when Rollins cashes in though.

Cena winning the title again so soon? That will certainly make things uninteresting. How about building up a number of challengers to Brock and have them look somewhat competitive in defeat? This company needs to stop falling back on John Cena.

I know its a cop out, but literally anyone but Cena. I know it makes complete sense for Cena to go for his rematch but it isn't interesting to me. I'll surely watch the match (i subscribe) bit if he loses again it should be his ticket off TV for at least 6 months.

I'm mostly just tired of Cena.

Surprised the twitter folks aren't excited for the announcement either.

• Like 1

Who else are they supposed to throw at Brock? Sheamus? Ziggler? I'm sure Orton's going to turn at some point, but it seems too early for that.

Against Brock, forget the heel/face alignment. Build Cesaro back up. One month, Rob Van Dam. Start building Luke Harper as a single's threat. Keep building Rusev. Then, Mark Henry and Big Show. Like Valcourt said, anybody but Cena. He's more stale than 1995 WCW Hulk Hogan.

Who else are they supposed to throw at Brock? Sheamus? Ziggler? I'm sure Orton's going to turn at some point, but it seems too early for that.

Sheamus vs Brock would be epic. Have people already forgotten how good Sheamus is, especially when he's working with someone who can take a beating?

• Like 2

My question is, what is the WWE going to do if by so freak accident, John has to call it quits (or worse)? Then what? Sure they tried with Daniel Bryan, but they ended up having to back to the ol' stand by. What if that stand by is no longer able to be there?

Oh, yes I have read everyone's suggestions. I just don't think WWE seems to understand the meaning of a plan B. Yes we have the Roman Reigns Experiment. Yet, once again, throwing all their chips in on ONE man!!

So, Cena's pretty much definitely winning back it back at NOC, huh? I do think that's when Rollins cashes in though. 

Dude, fuck that. Maybe they should try not having eight hours of TV a week. They cried "slow build" so many damn times with the Bryan chase, but WWE has lost any and all ability to just let a motherfucker simmer. Everything from the Punk thing in 2011, to Ryback getting the title shot at HIAC that year, to Nexus, hell, go back as far as NWO version 2002 with the X8 double turn.

Didn't we just have a discussion about Vince and HHH allegedly butting heads about whether it was going to be Roman or Rock going up against Brock at 31 for the belt?? What happened??

The in-ring product is the best it's been in forever but things like this are disheartening to read-- really fills me with impotent nerd rage.

At Summerslam, Cena had his chance to stay down after the first F5. He fucked up. You saw what he got after that.

Now, he had the audacity to step in the ring with Brock again. This would have Lesnar so enraged that he would be looking at dealing out a whole new form of punishment. Bad stuff. Sodomy by ring post bad.

Did they renegotiate Brock's contract or something and I missed it? Cause otherwise, they can barely afford to have the champ on Raw a couple times a month, much less Smackdown or a house show.

I think it's fantasy booking to expect them to sideline the belt for several months.

Man, you dudes are so devoid of hope. You really think they'd do an epic beating like that for Cena to avenge himself at Night of Champions?

I've been conditioned to always expect the worst when it comes to WWE. This is the company that fucked up what should have been the biggest angle of all time, the Invasion, just so Vince could suck his own dick and prove how superior he is.

That fucking glass is half empty.

• Like 4

I think it's fantasy booking to expect them to sideline the belt for several months.

I don't disagree, but two points must be made:

1) Heyman has already given interviews stating the position that it would make both Brock and the title more an attraction if it was only occasionally defended

2) There is no better opportunity than this to make the US and IC titles seem important again

• Like 2

Did they renegotiate Brock's contract or something and I missed it? Cause otherwise, they can barely afford to have the champ on Raw a couple times a month, much less Smackdown or a house show.

As I mention elsewhere, Lesnar having the gold would be a great opportunity for them to showcase and elevate the secondary titles and other future main eventers. This past RAW was a good start.

I could maybe see Cena getting screwed in the match but no way is he taking another beating. It will most likely be a finisher fest. If Cena wins then LOL. That'll put a lot of butts in the seats. As much as I love the WWE Network, I would laugh hard at the number of subs dwindling following NOC.

To be honest, I knew the main argument for the Cena win at NOC was for renewal purposes, but even so. You don't come back from THAT at anything less than a WM.

And do people still buy house show tickets because of titles? Like, someone wouldn't buy a ticket to see John Cena, but they would if he was 'World Champ' John Cena? I mean I'm sure there are still a few, but do the numbers bear out that it makes a substantial difference? And not like a show with champ Cena vs. a B show without him at all...