DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

When Rollins got water dumped on him, I was bummed. I thought they were gonna turn Ambrose into a prankster or something instead of going for blood. And the one-liner was great, but still too quippy, he should be killing Seth. But then he tossed the bucket and attacked and I felt had for ever doubting Dean.

Does nostalgia work on wrestling fans in a profitable way? There's been a ton of it the last few years and I was just wondering. The whole WWE2k15 is build around Sting. It's 2014.. Anyone who was going to get the game would've gotten it anyway and anyone who is still a Sting fan this many years later is already a hardcore wrestling fan.

idk. It's just weird to me.

Chokes that compress the airway and restrict the flow of air into the body are illegal.  (i.e. Daniel Bryan strangling Justin Roberts with a tie, Andre The Giant throttling his opponent's throat with his hands, William Regal casually laying his lower leg across his downed opponent's throat while conversing with the referee).  Air chokes.

Chokes that compress the carotid artery and restrict the flow of blood to the brain are legal.  (i.e. sleeper hold, Tazmission, Dragon Sleeper, etc.).  Blood chokes.

• Like 3

I thought the line worked better, it made the bucket to the face that much more surprising. Man did Rollins take that right in the mush.

Don't underestimate the damage a plastic bucket can do. During my backyard wrestling days in high school, I took a plastic clothes hamper to the face. It left me with one hell of a black eye.

Chokes that compress the airway and restrict the flow of air into the body are illegal.  (i.e. Daniel Bryan strangling Justin Roberts with a tie, Andre The Giant throttling his opponent's throat with his hands, William Regal casually laying his lower leg across his downed opponent's throat while conversing with the referee).  Air chokes.

Chokes that compress the carotid artery and restrict the flow of blood to the brain are legal.  (i.e. sleeper hold, Tazmission, Dragon Sleeper, etc.).  Blood chokes.

Undertaker's "Hell's Gate" submission was banned for a while, but reinstated at some point I don't remember.

So what does everyone think of the new WWE title?

http://instagram.com/p/r3IRdMgFKH/?modal=true

Sorry I couldn't figure out how to embed the pic, I'm not familiar with instagram.

I keep going back and forth. It's pretty "futuristic" with the new logo, and I like that it now says "World Heavyweight Champion" (albeit in a tiny, tiny font) but I also miss the belts of yore.

Sorry I couldn't figure out how to embed the pic, I'm not familiar with instagram.

I keep going back and forth. It's pretty "futuristic" with the new logo, and I like that it now says "World Heavyweight Champion" (albeit in a tiny, tiny font) but I also miss the belts of yore.

It doesn't look that different from the last new world title. Its ok though I wish they put the actual Earth in the belt again.

I find it interesting that, whereas past championships had a prominent globe on them most of the time, this one does not, instead just having a giant WWE logo. That's some very subtle "WWE = the whole world when it comes to wrestling" conditioning there.

Or I'm just trying to read too much into the design as if I were a first-year grad student desperately trying to analyze an image.

Bray Wyatt should add spitting black mist into his opponents eyes. Imagine that shit running down his beard and looking all nasty in his teeth and on his white pants. If I can't get blood, give me "demon essence."

I'm sorry about that. Deep down, I sort of want Bray Wyatt to partially morph into Kevin Sullivan.

I need this.

• Like 4

The whole "chokes are illegal" went out the door when Tazz came in, and Angle's appeal that the Tazzmission should be made illegal because its a choke was denied.  Add in the popularity of the UFC and pro-wrestling adopting the tap out replacing the "I give up" submission, and you get a mix of some chokes "Tazzmission, Rear Naked, Hell's Gate" are legal, which the straight ol' wrap your hands around the throat are not.

I still find it odd that the RNC is legal, but ref's check arm position on the Sleeper.

The sleeper was originally called a choke hold. But Strangler Lewis said it did not cut off oxygen but cut blood off from the brain. Those other holds fall into that category. 

Has anybody been keeping up with Del Rio since he returned to Mexico. He went into more detail about his release on some television interviews. Before this is over, WWE will be wishing they had just let the social media douchebag sue them. 

Bray Wyatt should add spitting black mist into his opponents eyes. Imagine that shit running down his beard and looking all nasty in his teeth and on his white pants. If I can't get blood, give me "demon essence."

I'm sorry about that. Deep down, I sort of want Bray Wyatt to partially morph into Kevin Sullivan.

I need this.

Yes, I now also need this. He can say it's the vengeance of the lord running through him

• Like 2

I need this.

Black Mist spraying -> Sister Abigail. We just formed a combo of moves

• Like 1