DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I'd be curious to look back and see if the people harping on Reigns' ring attire were the ones calling Ambrose the weakest member of the Shield, in the hopes that maybe those people realized they were lousy judges of wrestlers and were sticking to fashion critiques from now on, but in the end I can't be bothered.

I'd be curious to look back and see if the people harping on Reigns' ring attire were the ones calling Ambrose the weakest member of the Shield, in the hopes that maybe those people realized they were lousy judges of wrestlers and were sticking to fashion critiques from now on, but in the end I can't be bothered.

Nah...I always though Reigns was by far the worst member of the Shield.  I've like Ambrose since his Indy days, and when he got signed I predicted he would be main eventing in 2-3 years.  I also predicted that the Rock would be one of the biggest stars in the industry the night he debut in 1996.  Me, JR, Jim Cornette, Dr. Tom, Vince McMahon, the old lady who smokes cigarettes behind the 7-11 on my corner, and my cousin Eddie all got that one right!!!!! 

My 6 year old son doesn't look like me. Blonde hair. Blue eyes. Skinny as a rail.

Last night we were watching the Usos and he called a basic suplex a brainbuster.

So he clearly has a little Japanese in him somewhere.

• Like 2

My 6 year old son doesn't look like me. Blonde hair. Blue eyes. Skinny as a rail.

Last night we were watching the Usos and he called a basic suplex a brainbuster.

So he clearly has a little Japanese in him somewhere.

Are there a lot of blond, blue-eyed Japanese guys?

Naw, I always knew Shane Vendrell would be the downfall of the Strike Team.

• Like 1

Reigns current gear looks like a more costume-y version of what he was wearing in the Shield.  Especially the pants.  But more importantly, the Shield gear worked when it was a team of paramilitary dudes, but now it's just kinda like Reigns didn't get the memo.  I know they're hiding his pudgy upper body, but still, it's almost like Slater still coming out to the Three Man Band theme.  Kind of sad and lonely.

As for the Shield break-up, they had no choice after Bryan/Punk.  And I've got no problem throwing out the Bryan/Punk excuse for everything that's been thrown together or rushed after 'Mania.  

During The Shield days, I was one of the people that thought Ambrose was the worst of the three. Admittedly, WWE didn't give him a whole lot to do.

I no longer, in present WWE, maintain that opinion. Ambrose has more spotlight on him now though, whereas The Shield seemed like a vehicle to get Reigns over & Rollins did a lot of the crazy spots.

I've been an Ambrose mark for some time, but assumed Rollins' ceiling was Ziggler-esque.  A little more confident in Rollins these days, but still unsure if he can get to the top. 

I like Reigns and want him to succeed, I just think they should tweak the character a bit. 

They were hyping Reigns to the heavens back when he was still in developmental and hearing crickets.  It was clear who the star of the team was intended to be.

He has improved over time, but it's telling that they still don't trust him in a lot of lengthy singles matches.

I don't particularly want him to turn heel, but it seems like Reigns is going to do better when he can wear a suit and tie and sunglasses, and come off as a quietly condescending prick in his promos. I don't see a problem with his move set, and I think he will put it all together. Realistically, it's rarer in current day WWE for a wrestler to not improve.

Can we all at least agree that no matter what your opinion on Reigns is, we should look back and laugh at the people who thought Chris Hero deserved his spot?

we should look back and laugh at the people who thought Chris Hero deserved his spot?

We'll look back and laugh that they'd rather have a fat Kevin Steen than an in shape Chris Hero.

• Like 2

Is this before or after we laugh at the people who were fantasy booking Hero and Claudio to come in, bypass developmental, and team with Punk right away - basically main-eventing on their first day in the company?

Edit: and what Jae said.  I can't imagine Steen going anywhere in the company.

• Like 1

Is this before or after we laugh at the people who were fantasy booking Hero and Claudio to come in, bypass developmental, and team with Punk right away - basically main-eventing on their first day in the company?

Edit: and what Jae said.  I can't imagine Steen going anywhere in the company.

When it was first announced that Hero signed with WWE, I boldly predicted Wrestlemania XXX would be headlined by Punk vs. Hero.

Well, it turned out I was wrong about that.