DVDVR Message Board

MISC MATCHES

DEAN

Baby Kawada vs. Tenryu was awesome. Even though Kawada's transitions to offense were a bit too quick, you could tell he had what it takes. His mentor allows him a good match even though he's gunning for the Triple Crown at that point, letting him kick him in the throat and the head like there was nothing to lose. It is weird seeing him do a missile dropkick and even pretend to attempt a plancha (great setup for that, btw, and Tenryu bumped over the rail like a champ). It is even weirder to see him wearing those pants and come out to whatever song that was, though...

Also: Fuck Kobashi. I'd take two of his chops over one of Tenryu's.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As the title states, Jackie Fargo's last match, against the evil foreigner team of a fat masked "Sheik of Arraby", Beau James and Dr Tom Prichard. I guess that was meant to be an atomic drop at the finish. Good fun though, as the kids at ringside fucking love America.

WOW I was at this. It was a little day fair / fall festival type of thing. The rest of the card was mostly George South trainees/ Highspots guys, whom I rode with. Definitely never expected to see video of this surface.