DVDVR Message Board

Your most hated wrestler and why?

cwoy2j

2) Justin Credible/Jeff Jarrett/Shane Douglas/Gangrel = I just really hate "heels who are heels for the sake of being a heel". OK, why are you laughing like that? Why are your sunglasses on inside? I get that you think you're cool, but you do nothing to show why that may be, and it's not like you're portrayed as a delusional guy, you're just...not that cool, all you're doing is just laughing at random intervals weirdly and throwing your head back...

But Gangrel was a fucking *vampire* man! And not like Angel or the sparkly one from the movies ... motherfucker tried to turn 2 Cold Scorpio!

When you say Freebirds, please tell me you mean early 90's WCW Freebirds with Jimmy Jam and not, you know, Hayes/Gordy/Roberts.

Horrendous with Garvin, DDP and Dink in the 90's, but only slightly better for me during the Von Erich feud. Liked Gordy the best of the bunch. Maybe the mid-south collection and JYD feud/Gordy title run will change my mind.

2) Justin Credible/Jeff Jarrett/Shane Douglas/Gangrel = I just really hate "heels who are heels for the sake of being a heel". OK, why are you laughing like that? Why are your sunglasses on inside? I get that you think you're cool, but you do nothing to show why that may be, and it's not like you're portrayed as a delusional guy, you're just...not that cool, all you're doing is just laughing at random intervals weirdly and throwing your head back...

But Gangrel was a fucking *vampire* man! And not like Angel or the sparkly one from the movies ... motherfucker tried to turn 2 Cold Scorpio!

Now I'm thinking of Scorpio as Blade. That's like some shit that would happen in DDT. They could make up a faction based on the Nightstalkers...

Now I'm thinking someone's written some really bad fan fic about Gangrel turning Scorpio...

Completely forgot about Chavo Guerrero Jr. He was fine in WCW, ok in WWF teaming with Eddy and I enjoyed Kerwinnnnnnnnnnnn White but once Eddy died and he completely became an Eddy Guerrero tribute gimmick I lost all interest. Factor in some douchy interviews putting himself over far more so hard, his dreadful TNA run and just his face man, just his face. To hell with Chavo.

I was a big ECW mark back in their prime, but my 3 most hated came right from there.

Taz. I can't buy a 4'10" monster. Sorry. Survive if I let you? He needed a stool to get his finisher on most guys believably.

Dreamer. I just didn't get it. Maybe if I was watching/down here when he had the Sandman feud, I'd have a different opinion. But I wasn't and I don't. When he finally got his big win for the title and then lost 15 seconds later to Justin Credible, I was so happy. Fuck him.

Douglas. Poor you. WCW didn't push a bland babyface jobber to the stars over Ric Flair. Saying "fuck" over and over doesn't make you cool or a good promo. I hope he gets fired from Target.

Jim Duggan.  I never knew of the Mid-South stuff until much later.  To me, he was just this big dumb guy with an American flag.  There was no real reason why he was so patriotic either.  The only good part about his act was Heenan making fun of him on commentary.

He was in passable in WCW until about 97. He had some decent to good matches with Liger, Eddie, Juvi, and Super Calo in 96. Once he joined the NWO, he was terrible forever. Wolfpack/post-NWO Konnan was the worst, wrestling with sagging jeans and a girdle. One of those guys that was inexplicably over, though.

At least he was ok as the mouthpiece for LAX, so he didn't have to end his career on 10 consecutive years of sucking.

Jeff Jarrett is extremely bland to me. He over exposed himself almost comically in TNA. He was never a main event level performer and only got those oppertunities and was World Champion because his daddy owned half the promotion or he was in a dying company or he owned the company. I hated all the telegraphed run ins in his main events, the guitar shots, and all the bullshit. He is way too Memphis for me and I don't particularly like Memphis wrestling.

Hulk Hogan is right up there on my list. I grew up watching Superstars and I never got to see Hogan wrestle there. I had heard of Hogan and what not and was aware of what a big star he was. But I had seen guys like Hart and Savage on Superstars and thought they were awesome.

The first time I ever saw Hogan wrestle was on a random WCW Worldwide around 1995 or so and he was going to wrestle The Shark. I thought, "Oh my God, I am finally going to get to watch Hogan wrestle!" Lo and behold it was a shit show and left me very disappointed in Hogan as a wrestler. From then on the nWo happens and I find out how much of an "Orange Goblin" he truly was, reaffirming my first impression of Hogan.

HHH around 2003 in Evolution was damn near insufferable so I loathed him for quite a while.

Jeff Jarrett's "JJJ" impersonation during TNA in 2004 and 2005 left a very similar sour taste in my mouth.

Currently, Randy Orton is the most boring wrestler in the WWE and if I never saw him wrestle again it would be too soon.

In CMLL, Dragon Rojo Jr is the absolute shits for a guy that isn't old as dirt. He brings absolutely nothing to his matches. He's a roided out guy who can't really do even basic spots without looking extremely awkward or looks like he will hurt himself or his opponent.

The Miz. Never could stand the fucking shit and his fucking pushes. Especially his face run from not so long ago. There was a segment on Raw with Punk and a lie detector test and Punk just lays it on him. I loved every single bit of it. Miz has to resort to using lame "Your mom" jokes followed by a loud "ooooooooh" to drown out Punk.

But fuck that, guy and his straight to DVD movies.

However, I must say his recent Johnny Cage transformation has me interested in him.

Not really a wrestler but Jim Cornette has to be up there for me despite how hilarious he can be at times

He talks so much shit about how things should be and what he would do but evidence points at him being a total idiot still stuck in 1987 and not in a good way. If his booking of the Invasion wasn't enough (Dusty as world champ in 02...Funk being the first to beat Lesnar) there is also that run in ROH where he let Davey and friends have 45 minute main events every month while the company went to shit and then he tried to pass blame onto everyone else.He's a fantastic talker obviously so it makes him seem like he knows what he's talking about, but when he actually puts those ideas into play he's pretty terrible

• Like 1

He was in passable in WCW until about 97. He had some decent to good matches with Liger, Eddie, Juvi, and Super Calo in 96. Once he joined the NWO, he was terrible forever. Wolfpack/post-NWO Konnan was the worst, wrestling with sagging jeans and a girdle. One of those guys that was inexplicably over, though.

At least he was ok as the mouthpiece for LAX, so he didn't have to end his career on 10 consecutive years of sucking.

He was the closest thing to cool compared to the other middle aged men in WCW.  Hall and Nash tried to seem cooler by having him around.  There's really no other explanation for why he was in the nWo.

Scott Steiner also has to be up there on my list of awful. So roided out he can barely move and talks shit about EVERYONE. Seriously, an awful, chemically created creature. He's like Solomon Grundy if Slaughter Swamp was full of Winstrol instead of voodoo.

• Like 2