DVDVR Message Board

Your most hated wrestler and why?

cwoy2j

It's pretty easily CM Punk right now and I will leave the man himself out of it. From everything I've read on here and elsewhere he's an asshole but that doesn't really bother me. I dislike CM Punk as a wrestling character for two reasons. First, I think he's so fucking sloppy in the ring. I expect that from The Miz but not from a guy who is supposed to be the BEST IN THE WORLD.. which brings me to reason two. His fans are terrible. I don't think there's a wrestler in the history of wrestling who is more overrated by his fan base. All they do is whine about how he didn't receive this or wasn't handed that and it's all bullshit. He was given every opportunity by WWE and while he did sell a lot of merchandise he didn't move the needle and that's why he's not "the man." That's why he's not main eventing WrestleManias. So then the guy is supposedly "burnt out". I'm not going to debate that, maybe he walked away because of that, maybe he didn't. But it is not WWE's fault that he did. Stop ruining matches by chanting his name. Stop chanting at AJ. Nobody cares that you know she is with Punk. Everyone knows. Shut the fuck up about it.

His promos go on for-fucking-ever. Seriously, it was the same format every week since the Pipebomb shit: Get to the point within a minute or two, ramble on, lose the crowd, pull something backstage-y related out of his ass to pop the last 10 people listening, then bury the guy he was in the program with before rambling on again. No one wanted to see Miz vs ADR vs Punk in a damn ladder match. That was a given. But for Punk to flat out say that Miz and ADR were boring and no one wanted to watch them was absolutely the worst way to build to a match I've ever seen.

His program was Big Johnny was terrible. Who gives a shit if Ace was the one that called people to let them know they were future endeavored? More importantly, who knew? Punk spent months screaming at him for being a backstage stooge for years even though Ace has never been formerly introduced as a backstage stooge until a few months before that. So, you got the good guy screaming at someone for shit no one knows about and the bad guy just quietly took it. I know I popped like a mofo when Ace finally hit his ass. Sure, other people ragged on Johnny, but no one of them with such a mean-ness that Punk did it with.

Punk seemed to never really been able to get that chip off his shoulder, and it showed. Despite, in pro-wrestling land, being one of the most successful wrestlers in WWE history. He got everything handed to him and you could still believe that he was bitching about it. Much like his fans. Then the way he left justifies it.

• Like 4

I find if a guy stops being on my TV, I stop hating them. It's as if them leaving the screen means that I've won, so people I've hated over the years like Michaels, Chyna and Shane McMahon no longer offend me.

Therefore, it's a current guy I hate the most, and that's Ziggler. I hate his smug-with-a-side-portion-of-bland personality, his stupid overbumping which puts the attention on him rather than the guy doing the move (and I know he's supposed to be "the show-off", but logically he shouldn't be showing-off about how badly he gets beaten up), I hate his garish ring gear and his terrible merchandise, I hate his shitty ring music and I hate the fact that I'm the only person who thinks his recent mini-feud with Fandango should've been Johnny Curtis hitting repeated top-rope legdrops until they retired the Ziggler character.

The peak of my Ziggler hatred was the Del Rio world title feud last year. I was all about nice guy face champion Del Rio, so my heart sank when ADR struggled to his feet and Ziggler's ghastly theme blared out to (for me) baffling cheers. By contrast, I fucking loved the Payback match, where Del Rio just kicked Ziggler's head off to regain the title. Even then, the double-standards on the turn irritated me: Ziggler cashing in on an injured Del Rio is fine, but ADR focusing in on a recent injury on his opponent (who was medically cleared) was somehow immoral. Fuck Ziggler.

• Like 5

Second the Hogan hate. Couldn't stand the way you knew he was gonna win every match, and I hated the contrived big guy hurts Hogan, Hogan goes to film movie, WWF pleads for cards to be sent to the Hulkster, Hogan comes back and beats foe in match. His booking was so fucking uninteresting most of the time. I liked the Savage stuff, but I was praying for Savage to kick his teeth in. Hogan's coked-up promos at the time were an unintentional hoot. 

The heel turn in WCW was a really good idea to freshen him up a tad, but it eventually wore out. Keeping him as the focal point of a promotion when his time had passed him by was not a smart idea,

I don't really have much hate for his current role - he's not on TV much, he isn't really active in a storyline. That's fine.

Edit: Ziggler needs a character change and a name change. He's got the potential, but he's wasted in that current character. Flair needs to be his manager, stat, and he needs to be a wrestling machine to go with his odd lack of charisma. Let Flair carry the charisma.

Edit: Ziggler needs a character change and a name change. He's got the potential, but he's wasted in that current character. Flair needs to be his manager, stat, and he needs to be a wrestling machine to go with his odd lack of charisma. Let Flair carry the charisma.

Heyman did wonders for Cesaro.

Heyman did wonders for Cesaro.

In a stunner, they screwed that up and continue to screw that up. Cesaro has more charisma than Ziggler. Wonder if they couldn't have spun his breakup with Heyman as "Paul Heyman doesn't believe I'm a winner, I'll show him" and go on a tear on those around him without having to face off with Lesnar, who needs to be kept Godzilla-like strong for the next few months?

Triple H.

I am not a moves guy at all but his offense has always been noticeably bland to me.Till he added Arn's spinebuster

to his repetoire I cannot tell you one unique thing he did besides the pedigree and his terrible knee offense.

Some may say that's makes him greater for getting by on nothing but I think alot of that was the people he

had to work with like Michaels/Taker/Foley, the attitude era and actually being good on the mic which i'll give him

even though he never sold me on anything he did plenty of others.

Runner-up goes to Tommy Dreamer.

Jeff Hardy. I hate his move set, I hate that he has 10x the talent of this brother and none of his desire, I hate his fan base, I hate that he managed to weasel his way into the record books. I hate everything about him...

Currently, it's still probably the Miz, as I'm reluctant to name NXT guys. Mojo, Cassidy, and The Ascension are all worse, but maybe with more experience or a different gimmick they would look better, who knows? Miz has been around for years and only came close to being good for about 6 months in 2010, and was pretty quickly exposed as not being ready when he actually got the belt. I can't think of any really high end match he's had as a heel or face, coward or tough guy, early or late in his career, anything. His match with Ziggler on Monday was pretty much the best you can get out of him, and that's not good.

All-time might be Buff Bagwell. From generic white-meat face, to a passable-but-quickly-tiring run as an annoying heel, to one of the most annoying faces ever, I can't think of a single phase of his career or match of his I enjoyed.

My disdain for the Miz is that he doesn't look remotely tough.  His huffing and puffing and his "mean face" are so laughable. I too am glad that he's playing pompoua chickenshit heel in his current run and that is what knocks him a peg below HHH on my hate-o-meter.  I always felt that if he could work a little better, he could easily fit a Tully Blanchard-type mode.

I use to really hate R-Truth for basically cooning, but then I realized after meeting my NC relatives, he's just Southern as fuck.

My disdain for the Miz is that he doesn't look remotely tough.  His huffing and puffing and his "mean face" are so laughable. I too am glad that he's playing pompoua chickenshit heel in his current run and that is what knocks him a peg below HHH on my hate-o-meter.  I always felt that if he could work a little better, he could easily fit a Tully Blanchard-type mode.

I use to really hate R-Truth for basically cooning, but then I realized after meeting my NC relatives, he's just Southern as fuck.

I second your hate for Miz. He just looks like a guy that if I got into a bar fight with, I'd more likely than not knock the shit out of him or crack his jaw at the very least. That's decent heat for a heel for the most part but he never cheats or does anything to circumvent his shortcomings. He's just kind of a shitty wrestler who does a movie star gimmick.

Second the Hogan hate. Couldn't stand the way you knew he was gonna win every match, and I hated the contrived big guy hurts Hogan, Hogan goes to film movie, WWF pleads for cards to be sent to the Hulkster, Hogan comes back and beats foe in match. His booking was so fucking uninteresting most of the time. I liked the Savage stuff, but I was praying for Savage to kick his teeth in. Hogan's coked-up promos at the time were an unintentional hoot. 

The heel turn in WCW was a really good idea to freshen him up a tad, but it eventually wore out. Keeping him as the focal point of a promotion when his time had passed him by was not a smart idea,

I don't really have much hate for his current role - he's not on TV much, he isn't really active in a storyline. That's fine.

I hated Hogan as a kid. To paraphrase, Christopher Daniels, " to go from the Horsemen breaking Dusty's arm to watching Hogan do his ridiculous Hulk Up/Leg drop shit every time seemed like a lot of ticklebutt."

• Like 2

Miz' run with Morrison will always keep him in my heart but yeah, that dude needs some time away.

As for this, fuck Mr. Anderson/Kennedy. Sweet christ, what a sack of shit. From his godawful wrestling, the way he kicks his damn legs around on suplexes, his awful forced promos, everything. In a company, actually, an industry full of awful actors being made to act on screen, he is by far the worst, jutting his head out when listening to people like an old, senile dog. Fuck that dude. I will always love Randy Orton for getting rid of his shit from WWE. They were penciling the dude in for main event status and they had MVP on the same show and ruined his push instead. Watching TNA this week, he was comfortably the most annoying part of the show and that show had the worst final segment I've seen in quite some time. Fuck Mr. Anderson

Anderson

• Like 4

Orton because I felt he was a massive douche, and he was dishonorably discharged.  I've been hoping for years he gets another steroid strike.

A buddy of mine who's a Marine and a casual fan absolutely despises Orton b/c of that. Like if we're in a bar watching a ppv, he'll take a 20 minute smoke/bathroom/buy a beer/whatever break.

I get the feel my hell will be watching The Complete Randy Orton on a never-ending loop. Even as a babyface, he looked like the guy who was the captain of the university date rape team. That 'walk on the fists' thing was stupid. His tattoos don't scream bad ass. They scream that he's the bass player for a bar band that does a few bad Nickelback covers just so they can get to their even worse original material. Mere seconds after he picked up his second strike, I was hoping for a third so he can head to TNA where I can ignore him. 

• Like 4

Hate hate hate, on the basis that I believe them to be repugnant human beings:

Sean Waltman, regardless of what he called himself

Randy Orton

Ian Rotten

Sandman

Currently, it's CJ Parker. I hate everything about that guy. His look, his shitty gimmick, his awful moves and his voice. Fuck that guy. NXT insists on giving him multiple matches per taping.

All Time is probably Abyss. Just awful in every way, I kinda liked Joseph Park but that's cause it was the opposite of Abyss.

Randy Orton. After Randy blew out his shoulder(?) he became entertaining for a while. The whole countdown to recovery and his IC run with Evolution was awesome. Randy Orton OFFICIALLY jumped-the-shark when he won the WHC from Chris Benoit at SS 2004. Randy Orton has had a lot of good matches since 2004. I am not going to pretend like he hasn't. Hell one of his matches this year ranks in my personal top 50 (Orton/Christan from Smackdown), but his character is tired. When  Randy Orton came in he looked like the poster child of OVW. If I had to pin point when the WWE 'look' started- it would be when they called up Orton. Orton right now is so intertwined with the overall WWE staleness and they compliment each other very well.

Orton is a guy who, at times, is not as over as his push would lead you to believe. Go watch Battleground 2014 and look at the first 4 rows of audience when Orton is in the STFU. Look at their faces. No one gives a shit. WWE for some reason, not too long ago, set out to make all its heels boring. Miz is SOMEWHAT interesting again now (but still needs to go away), Barrett has found his stride, Drew has been released but will come back in a few years and be on fire, and Jericho is a complete non-factor to me and has managed to somewhat reinvent himself and just edge out the 'bores me to tears' category by just a little. Orton is still stale. No progress. Nothing interesting. This is a guy who really needs to go somewhere else. People talk about John Cena being stale- I can tolerate Cena. In fact he has become one of my favorites despite his staleness. Orton just needs to go.

RVD is my second choice. The only wrestler I will congratulate for collecting a check is Funaki. The fact that that man did 10 years in WWE, managed to stay over during that entire time, and RETURNED to WWE with KENTA is nothing but awesome. Good for him. However, there is another guy running the Funaki gimmick in 2014 and its not appreciated nor welcomed at all. RVD needs to go. People talk about how he can put people over. Who exactly? Who are these wrestlers that 'need' that rub from RVD? The former US, IC, Tag, and WHC Jack Swagger? Former IC, US, Tag, and 2 Time WHC Dolph Ziggler? Former US champion and the winner of the Andre Battleroyal- Antonio Ceasaro?  What about 4 time IC champion Wade Barrett? All of these guys were over before RVD got there and they will remain over when RVD leaves. WWE doesn't need the guy and for the most part he is phoning it in and isn't interested in changing things up.

Same music since 2001, shame gear since 1995, same moves since 1997, same promo since forever. Why the hell should I care about RVD in 2014? What does he bring to the table? WWE has its RVD/Shelton Benjamin in Kofi Kingston (who can actually promo). Why get the real thing? To spite TNA? Is WWE planning some ECW reunion show in August? I honestly see no reason to bring back a stale act especially since one of the Mcmahons (Shane) explained to RVD why RVD (after his first run) 'didn't work' in WWE.

• Like 1

My disdain for the Miz is that he doesn't look remotely tough.  His huffing and puffing and his "mean face" are so laughable.

If I had to pick the one absolute worst Miz moment, it would have to be the I Quit match with Cena for the title. Over The Limit 2011, I think. It was largely due to Miz trying to re-create Orton's performance at Breaking Point 09, and instead delivering the worst psycopath performance in wrestling history. There were other terrible things like Alex Riley being involved the whole time, and one of the more egrigious and uninspired Cena superman comebacks, but Miz's performance in that match still stands out as one of the worst I've seen.

Randy Orton. After Randy blew out his shoulder(?) he became entertaining for a while. The whole countdown to recovery and his IC run with Evolution was awesome. Randy Orton OFFICIALLY jumped-the-shark when he won the WHC from Chris Benoit at SS 2004. Randy Orton has had a lot of good matches since 2004. I am not going to pretend like he hasn't. Hell one of his matches this year ranks in my personal top 50 (Orton/Christan from Smackdown), but his character is tired. When  Randy Orton came in he looked like the poster child of OVW. If I had to pin point when the WWE 'look' started- it would be when they called up Orton. Orton right now is so intertwined with the overall WWE staleness and they compliment each other very well.

Orton is a guy who, at times, is not as over as his push would lead you to believe. Go watch Battleground 2014 and look at the first 4 rows of audience when Orton is in the STFU. Look at their faces. No one gives a shit. WWE for some reason, not too long ago, set out to make all its heels boring. Miz is SOMEWHAT interesting again now (but still needs to go away), Barrett has found his stride, Drew has been released but will come back in a few years and be on fire, and Jericho is a complete non-factor to me and has managed to somewhat reinvent himself and just edge out the 'bores me to tears' category by just a little. Orton is still stale. No progress. Nothing interesting. This is a guy who really needs to go somewhere else. People talk about John Cena being stale- I can tolerate Cena. In fact he has become one of my favorites despite his staleness. Orton just needs to go.

RVD is my second choice. The only wrestler I will congratulate for collecting a check is Funaki. The fact that that man did 10 years in WWE, managed to stay over during that entire time, and RETURNED to WWE with KENTA is nothing but awesome. Good for him. However, there is another guy running the Funaki gimmick in 2014 and its not appreciated nor welcomed at all. RVD needs to go. People talk about how he can put people over. Who exactly? Who are these wrestlers that 'need' that rub from RVD? The former US, IC, Tag, and WHC Jack Swagger? Former IC, US, Tag, and 2 Time WHC Dolph Ziggler? Former US champion and the winner of the Andre Battleroyal- Antonio Ceasaro?  What about 4 time IC champion Wade Barrett? All of these guys were over before RVD got there and they will remain over when RVD leaves. WWE doesn't need the guy and for the most part he is phoning it in and isn't interested in changing things up.

Same music since 2001, shame gear since 1995, same moves since 1997, same promo since forever. Why the hell should I care about RVD in 2014? What does he bring to the table? WWE has its RVD/Shelton Benjamin in Kofi Kingston (who can actually promo). Why get the real thing? To spite TNA? Is WWE planning some ECW reunion show in August? I honestly see no reason to bring back a stale act especially since one of the Mcmahons (Shane) explained to RVD why RVD (after his first run) 'didn't work' in WWE.

I'm not sure I agree with everything you said but I love that none of it was aimed at Victoria.

• Like 3