DVDVR Message Board

2014 WORLD CUP THREAD

RIPPA

Guest The Magnificent 7

Did Rob Liefeld draw some of those posters?  I kept looking for Bedrock or Cable in the background. 

Mexico's Luis Montes also suffered an absolutely horrific leg injury (broken tibia and fibula) today. (He collided with a player from Ecuador - who apparently suffered a torn ACL in the collision)

For the love God do no watch the video

I did. I shouldn't have. 

But what's worrisome is that you're having all these injuries in warm-ups to the World Cup. The World Cup itself could be a war of attrition in that the squad that still has 11 healthy players might win it.

I think that the injuries are just fluke situations.  They didn't happen because it came after the season is over.  The Montes tackle was horrific and if it happens at any point, it is going to end ugly. 

These warm-up matches are necessary because the players haven't played together for several months or very rarely at all.  The group stage matches are such a small sample size and the teams need to be as sharp as possible from the first kick-off.

Don't worry, guys. Gumshoe Sepp "thank you for your question, lady" Blatter is on the case! There is a 0.0005-0.005% chance of this changing anything. Also, fuck the immigrant workers who die every other day making the stadiums!