DVDVR Message Board

The WWE Total Divas Thread

rzombie1988

I'm just going to cut to the chase...

Worst:

Natalie. Unreal. Her husband has a broken neck and need surgery and all she can do is bitch about her 'career'. She is getting paid while she is out and has other responsibilities other than pro wrestling. On top of this, she has this delusion that the people are clamoring for her return and of course believing that she is a good worker. Someone on this board please name me one good Natalie match that sticks out and has stood the test of time? Sasha, Becky, Charlotte, Emma, Paige, and Nikki can all say they have those matches, but not Natalie and this has nothing to do with lack of 'revolution' to work from. She is passable worker at best, can't promo, and has spotting selling. Her control segments are the worse in the Divas division outside of Eva Marie and the NXT girls. She really is unbearable.

Best: Summer Rae

Summer had to lie to Natalie about Natalie being a good worker and defining the Divas, etc., but sometimes a person needs to say whatever they need to say to shut people up. Summer having her Jerry Springer-like Final Thought with Natalie ended all the needless complaining from Natalie and for that Summer is the best of this episode.

I think the Nattie criticisms over this episode are massively harsh. We know to what a ridiculous extent people in this business have a business-first mentality, and Nattie grew up with that. TJ's reaction only supported that. "Of course you want to go be part of that. Why wouldn't you?"

Between that and Nikki spending the episode considering all the implications of John's change of heart about marriage, (and his lack of change about children,) it's why I'm not going into my routine this week.

Yeah there's Paige and Fox but meh, poor communicating + overreacting = reality show conflict.

Back on form this week, so it's time for another edition of How To Be A Horrible Person by the Total Divas!

You might think I'd lead off with the big kerfuffle between Nattie and TJ, but really, one of them freaking out and the other being completely uncommunicative is really just a lesson in how to be Nattie and TJ. Nattie does, however, make the list for thinking that she needs to take TJ's mind off of wrestling, and doing so by bringing a bunch of wrestlers over. Everyone in that BRC/New Day match TJ was watching was at the party other than Xavier.

Nattie also makes the list for telling her sister "not to send mixed signals" to Big E. She was rubbing his thigh. That signal ain't mixed, honey.

Paige: "I was thinking that I would apologize to you if I know that you have been working hard, so I apologize to you." I had to play that back to see if that was an actual apology.

Nikki gets runner-up horribleness for bitching about Brie not thinking about her while basically giving not the tiniest bit of a fuck about Brie's reasons for not wanting to do the commercial.

The horrible winner though, comes out of our Eva/Mandy storyline.

Is it Mandy for latching onto a friendly offer and being ready to dump her like a bad habit by the end of the first episode?

Is it Eva Marie for having the political nous of a bowl of yogurt when given a gift horse in the form of Mandy who can draw heat away from her and then deciding to try and hook her wagon to that particular horse?

Is it Alicia for holding onto a pointless grudge?

Is it Rosa for being as deadly boring on this show as she is in wrestling?

No! It's Mark Carano or whoever it was at WWE who watched the whole Eva Marie thing play out and thought, "Let's do that again!"

• Like 5

Cool, just watched the latest episode.  R-Truth is so fucking great. If you haven't seen him on Table for 3 watch that also. 

I was laughing my ass off while Eva and Mandy were bonding over god knows what. RED AND BLONDE YEAH. This won't last.

So who caught Sasha Banks?  They are all yelling about some bullshit and Sasha never once looked up from her phone. That's my girl.

Is Alicia Fox serious? She's an okay wrestler at best where does she come off telling Eva she couldn't text her following the surgery because she quote "Had to hold the brand together"

What?

Oh yeah, I forgot about that Alicia quote. That was great. I try not to be too much of a jerk about this point, because it's mostly due to booking, but the best parts of this show are when the girls talk as if they're fucking Lou Thesz.

• Like 2

So who caught Sasha Banks?  They are all yelling about some bullshit and Sasha never once looked up from her phone. That's my girl.

Wait, when did this happen? If you are talking about the flashback scene, that was Trinity not looking up from her phone.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that Alicia quote. That was great. I try not to be too much of a jerk about this point, because it's mostly due to booking, but the best parts of this show are when the girls talk as if they're fucking Lou Thesz.

Brie is fucking Daniel Bryan.....

That's close enough, right?

• Like 2