DVDVR Message Board

SON OF A~!

jaedmc

I lost about ten minutes due to the concussion so I legit have no idea who hit me from behind. He was part of another group of guys who showed up and wanted to play.

Playing offensive line. QB throws a pick. Next thing I know i am sitting on a bench with a bloody rag in my hand. I am told I got up, walked to the sideline and just kind of stood there glass eyed.

Buying DVDs always makes me feel better though :)

• Like 1

The insomniac brain comes in various flavours; different personality types you're forced to share your skull with for several hours. It's like being trapped in a lift with someone who won't shut up. Sometimes your companion is a peppy irritant who passes the time by humming half- remembered TV theme tunes until 7am. Other times it's a morose critic who has recently compiled a 1,500-page report on your innumerable failings and wants to run over it with you a few times before going to print. Worst of all is the hyper-aware sportscaster who offers an uninterrupted commentary describing which bits of your body are currently the least comfortable. No matter where you put that leg, he won't be satisfied. And he's convinced you've got one arm too many.

I've heard so many horror stories about medical insurance companies literally every time someone even says the phrase "medical insurance company" my brain immediately hears "Evil, Soulless Minions of the Dark Lord."  

You're brain is not wrong.

• Like 1

I've seen people sympathizing with Andreas Lubitz and his "mental illness."

To those people, I say this: Most of us live with depression and never murder 149 people. Because we are not, in fact, irredeemably evil.

Went back on antidepressants recently(different kind than before).  They seemed to be helping.  Doctor asked if I "could be doing better" and I said yes, so he increased the dosage.  Now I feel like crap and have to ride it out until my scheduled call to the office so I can ask about going back down to the original dosage.

Just found out a long time friend has cognitive dementia, or MCI. This can lead to Alzheimer's or other forms of dementia. His symptoms can also get better over time. With his other health problems, I doubt he can get better though...which is a really shitty thing. He's a real good man that helped me when I needed it the most. I only wish there was something I could do to really help him.

• 2 weeks later...

Our hot water heater broke Friday night. I tried to fix it Saturday to no avail. Sunday was Easter. So I haven't had hot water in a few days. I'm going to get a heater today but can't get it installed until tomorrow probably. I'm probably going to have to shower and shave at the gym. I haven't been this dehumanized since middle school.

• Like 1

Allergy season is kicking my ass, for one thing.  After my issues with bronchitis last year, I'm freaking out about the possibility of getting hit with THAT again.

Also, my basement drain has hit the time of year where it's backing up...not so bad when it's just a toilet flush, but laundry is quite a chore when it involves having to bail water out of one's basement.  I have to set aside a time for the septic people to come over and clean out the roots that are clogging it up.  Oh, and my bedroom is a few feet away from said drain.

My over-exuberance at last Friday's events came back to haunt me Sunday, when I either passed a kidney stone or some kinda blood clot?  Either way, Easter morning began with quite some pain and a lot of blood in the old commode.  Thankfully it appears to have resolved itself, but I'll be interested to see what the lab results find.

My over-exuberance at last Friday's events came back to haunt me Sunday, when I either passed a kidney stone or some kinda blood clot?  Either way, Easter morning began with quite some pain and a lot of blood in the old commode.  Thankfully it appears to have resolved itself, but I'll be interested to see what the lab results find.

I followed your tweets that day and all I could think was "well, my gravy turned out a little thicker than I wanted, but hey, no penis blood."

This is legitimately a sentence that went through my mind because radio people are all sorts of fucked up.

In the process of selling my house. Market has dropped HUGE since I bought it 14 years ago, so it's a short sale. Selling it for about $19k less than what I still owe on it. Good news is that we got an offer on it about two months after we put it on the market. The buyer wants to pay cash and offered just $500 less than the listed price. While waiting for the bank's approval, we were in the middle of one hell of a cold winter. Well, the house is empty as we actually moved out of it last July. Empty house, heat turned down, pipes froze and burst. Water damage to the inside of the house. Crawl space completely flooded. Furnace is located in the crawl space. Insurance was actually really helpful and I've had no problems there. But what sucks is that we got the AOK from the bank accepting the short sale bid a week after this happened. Now we are stuck waiting for insurance and contractors to fix all the shit that was ruined by the pipes bursting before we can close on the house. Had that not happened, I would've been free and clear and signed off on it by now.

Good news is that it looks like we're only a week away from everything finally getting done inside the house, plus the seller is making out like a bandit getting a brand new furnace, all the hard wood floors refurbished, and new carpet in the master bedroom.

I've come to the realization that I no longer have favorites in wrestling.  Nobody is worth an emotional investment any more.  No matter who you personally enjoy watching, there will always be someone out there to shout you down about it.  I'll just watch with the deadened sense of emotion that I've had for the last few decades, appreciate the cool stuff in the matches, and then not care at all about the outcomes since they don't matter anyway.

• Like 1

The photocopier at work is a piece of shit, and I want to push it down the fucking stairs, and then when it gets to the bottom of the stairs, I want to take a baseball bat to it, Office Space-style.

• Like 1

Guest The Magnificent 7

My roommate and I in college took a .22 and a 12 gauge to my printer when I finally got a new one.

And here I had you pegged as a gun grabber.  ;)

My broken Ipod that kept freezing up a few years ago.  The insides of electronics are always interesting.

DSC_1028-1.jpg

DSC_1027-1.jpg

DSC_1030-1.jpg

Hole near the center of the click wheel and screen left are AR-15 .223 rounds at about 25 yards (which went clean through).  The hole on the top right of the click wheel is a 9mm from nearly point blank.  That one blew the whole thing apart. 

A friend said something on FB that resonated with me about his eating habits.

"There's nothing wrong with a reasonable amount of pizza now and then. The problem is that I seem incapable of eating a reasonable amount of pizza when an unreasonable amount of pizza is presented to me."

• Like 2

I live 5 miles from Inner Harbor, yet everybody is worried I'm in danger due to the Baltimore riots.  If anything, they should be more worried about my work which is by Camden Yards.  Went in today and it was a ghost town.  On top of that, had to leave early and went down Pratt St.  The Harbor is full of the National Guard.  This is crazy, crazy times.

• Like 1