DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 7/4/14

victor

Kind of a so-so show.

* Seth Rollins kicks off SmackDown but gets attacked by Dean Ambrose. Randy Orton comes out and makes the save until Roman Reigns evens the odds. It looks like we’ve got a tag match later.

* Big E defeated Cesaro by count out.

*Bo Dallas Press slams Torito.

* Sheamus defeated Alberto Del Rio to retain the United States Title.

* Chris Jericho comes out and cuts a promo, taunting Bray Wyatt. Jericho gets a big pop. The Miz interrupts him and ends up taking a Codebreaker. Jericho leaves to another pop.

* AJ Lee comes out to a massive pop from the Jersey crowd. She cuts a promo and defeats Eva Marie by submission. Fans chanted “you can’t wrestle” at Eva. There were also CM Punk chants. Paige was on commentary and came into the ring to congratulate AJ before awkwardly leaving. Apparently AJ played the babyface here.

* Damien Sandow comes out as Bruce Springsteen and sings “Born In the USA.” Rusev and Lana interrupt. Lana cuts an anti-American 4th of July promo. Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter interrupt to a big pop. Zeb jokes on Russia and the crowd is very much into this. There were loud “USA” and “We The People” chants here.

* The main event is Randy Orton vs. Dean Ambrose. Seth Rollins interferes and hits Ambrose with his briefcase. Orton and Rollins beat down Ambrose until Roman Reigns makes the save. Reigns hits Orton with a Superman punch to end SmackDown.

Seems like one of those holiday shows where they know the viewership is going to be down, so they just keep it in a holding pattern.

I could go for Ambrose/Reigns vs Rollins/Orton at the PPV and then a taped fist match between Rollins and Ambrose or something at Summerslam. I think it's important to keep Rollins and Ambrose out of random tag matches with each other until Battleground though.

• Like 1

Yeah, but I gotta see Sandow as Springsteen.

I hope he dressed exactly like Bruce on the Born in the USA cover. Sandow doing that pose against the wall and Bruce's goofy look as he turns his head might be the greatest thing ever.

I could go for Ambrose/Reigns vs Rollins/Orton at the PPV and then a taped fist match between Rollins and Ambrose or something at Summerslam. I think it's important to keep Rollins and Ambrose out of random tag matches with each other until Battleground though.

Reigns and Orton are already in the world title match at the ppv.

I don't think you'll be getting that match. It's gotta be a Jericho/Lesnar singles match, then a gimmick match at SummerSlam. Miz/Jericho will be on a RAW or something.

Kind of a so-so show.

* Seth Rollins kicks off SmackDown but gets attacked by Dean Ambrose. Randy Orton comes out and makes the save until Roman Reigns evens the odds. It looks like we’ve got a tag match later.

* The main event is Randy Orton vs. Dean Ambrose. Seth Rollins interferes and hits Ambrose with his briefcase. Orton and Rollins beat down Ambrose until Roman Reigns makes the save. Reigns hits Orton with a Superman punch to end SmackDown.

tumblr_inline_n72e3zdPCB1qdvr05.png

• Like 10

I don't think you'll be getting that match. It's gotta be a Jericho/Lesnar singles match, then a gimmick match at SummerSlam. Miz/Jericho will be on a RAW or something.

Uh... I hope you mean Jericho/Wyatt, or you've lost your fucking mind.

Or his ideal Summerslam card is this:

Damien Sandow vs BROCK LESNAR

Miz vs BROCK LESNAR

Exhibition Match between Cesaro and BROCK LESNAR

US Title: Sheamus vs BROCK LESNAR

Chris Jericho vs BROCK LESNAR

Tag Team Titles 3 Way: The Usos vs the Wyatt Family vs BROCK LESNAR

Bray Wyatt vs BROCK LESNAR

Divas Title: AJ Lee vs BROCK LESNAR

World Title: John Cena vs Roman Reigns vs  Randy Orton vs Seth Rollins vs BROCK LESNAR

• Like 2