DVDVR Message Board

A DRAGON AGE THREAD

RIPPA

One of the pleasures of hating the 2nd game is that I remained fairly spoiler free going into this one as I didn't really follow about it until shortly before the release

Bioware finally put hooters into one of their games?  Why did this not happen in any of the ME games?

Yeah - and I was totally not prepared for it considering the wife and kid were in the room when the cut scene started.

awkward!

So on my XB1  this game is like $30 or $35 as the deal of the week...very tempted to pull the trigger and get this on Friday....I have to ask, how is it, aside from the bewbs~!!

Edited by misanthrope304

Its good with some cool story elements in the main plot, good interesting characters with some decent depth, and a generally fun gameplay though its not as well done as it arguably could have been. For that price its definitely worth picking up.

Well this is slightly irritating

So I load up this evening and first I get a weird message about how DA:I only supports 25 saves and I need to delete saves. And I am like "WTF?" since I clearly already was at the max saves.

I reboot my 360 just in case and when I load up the game I notice the "continue" option isn't there. Hmm... so I select LOAD and all my saves are there so I fire up my most recent one. No issues.

But then I notice when I fast travel to my first location that suddenly I am wearing a helmet (I had switched the option so helmets werent visable).

So basically all my preferences reset.

So now I am a little terrified that a larger bug is afoot.

Well this is slightly irritating

So I load up this evening and first I get a weird message about how DA:I only supports 25 saves and I need to delete saves. And I am like "WTF?" since I clearly already was at the max saves.

I reboot my 360 just in case and when I load up the game I notice the "continue" option isn't there. Hmm... so I select LOAD and all my saves are there so I fire up my most recent one. No issues.

But then I notice when I fast travel to my first location that suddenly I am wearing a helmet (I had switched the option so helmets werent visable).

So basically all my preferences reset.

So now I am a little terrified that a larger bug is afoot.

My PS3 does that periodically, it can be annoying. One time it locked up and crashed during a save and so corrupted the save file database that I essentially lost all the previous saves for every character I still had. I have learned how to avoid most save-crashes, but that one took me by surprise. :-p

Yeah - I deleted one save and then played for like 30 seconds.

Save in the vacated save slot and then completed reloaded.

Everything was back to normal after that.

Had something similar happen with my most recent save. Spoilered in case folks haven't gotten to that point in the game yet.

So I went through "The Dead Hand" mission and came out the other side of the building, and one of the targets for Cassandra's "Unfinished Business" quest is out there near the water. Our party goes down, lays waste to the bad guys, and the little quest updates in the corner to say that I've taken out 3 of the 5 targets for the quest. So, from there, I exited to the menu, closed down the application (playing on PS4) and shut off the system.

Fire it back up again, and I'm right where I fought the target for Cassandra's quest, and the quest now shows that I've only defeated 2 of the 5 targets and the guy I had previously defeated is now shown as someone I need to track down. Problem is that I'm standing pretty much right in the spot we defeated them at and. . .they're not there. Walk back into The Dead Hand tomb thing, go back to the spot, nobody there. Fast travel back to one of the camps, walk back to the place. . .nobody there.

I sure do hope they come back eventually, or maybe it will fix itself if I take down another target. There was an issue in the Way of the Reaver quest where you were supposed to read something (which I did), but it didn't get checked off on the list of things to do for the quest, yet I was able to complete it anyway.

I'm at 90 plus hours and I just completed what I believe is Act II

I've pretty much realized I'm not going to do a 2nd play through until I have a next gen machine

I'm at 90 plus hours and I just completed what I believe is Act II

I've pretty much realized I'm not going to do a 2nd play through until I have a next gen machine

I'm not sure how the acts are divided. But I haven't done "Wicked Eyes, Wicked Hearts" yet. . .going around and doing a lot of side quests. My main character just hit level 17.

Having a ball making weapons, though. . .just fashioned an Anderfels Cleaver using Dawnstone as the main ingredient that's good for 310 DPS. Need to do some serious armor upgrades for my rogues at some point, though.

I was wrong - I am at almost 110 hours.

I finished Here Lies the Abyss yesterday.

I have since spent the rest of the time talking to every fucking person in Skyhold since all the conversations reset.

That and finishing everything in the Western Approach

So now I am working on completing clearing Emperial Graves and Emprise du Lion

I'm about to hit level 19

• Like 1

Need to do some serious armor upgrades for my rogues at some point, though.

Rogues are rediculously squishy this time around, and getting leather means spending hours chasing down fluffy animals. Depending on where you are...

Silverite in the Emprise du Lion will let you craft Warrior armor that any class can use.

• Like 1

FYI: BioWare quietly released patch 1.04 for consoles yesterday. Fixed up things with people's quests not firing, and also at least one hidden change where the creature bits you turn in to researchers don't live in your valubles anymore, so you can sell all safely.

Whats up with the quietly part? They announced last week that they would try to release the patch on consoles.

That was my dumb ass fault

I didn't look at the weapon's specs before equipping it - I was just fucking giddy that I finally had one handed weapon that had a DPS over 200.

Then I fucking started getting fucking wrecked and was like "WTF?"

So I looked and yeah... fucking Berserk

Looking online - for some reason one-handed swords suck but there are plenty of axes that make up for it.

You would play as a rogue anyway - and I have daggers of death coming out of my fucking ears

One-handed weapons (I'm presuming you're a warrior) aren't meant to be wielded like two-handed weapons, where you spam basic attacks in between focus/stamina strikes. You should be alternating between ability-boosted strikes and putting your shield up to soak damage.

Did "Wicked Hands and Wicked Hearts." God, what a freaking slog that was. Didn't come close to getting most of the extras, because every time I did something important the first thing I heard was OH THOSE ARE BELLS I NEED TO GET BACK TO THE BALLROOM.

Bleh.

Back to the business of breaking shit and killing people.

I found that one fun but pretty damn frustrating as well,. I understand wanting people to experience Orlais's Game, but it really wasn't the direction they should have gone at all with that particular story considering how it was built up.

• Like 1