DVDVR Message Board

A DRAGON AGE THREAD

RIPPA

So I finished Inquisition.  That's it?  What the fuck was that shit?

That's it for the moment. BioWare promises that there's still more. We'll see. I'm'a put some thoughts under a spoiler tag just in case.

Yes, Coryphius is a weak boss. But that was kind of the point. Over and over people say that the Tevinter he wants to restore died 1300+ years ago. The only people he can get are the political outcasts, the one without power in the current scheme. So, yeah, they suck. They're weak or desperate. This is a new age, and the old one is ROFLstomped.

Jaws of Hakkon is better than several areas in the main game, with a good story and the trademark BioWare "Oh, is this your heart? Sorry, we just crushed it to pieces and laughed while drinking your tears" twist. But it is hard, much harder than the rest of the game, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

That's it for the moment. BioWare promises that there's still more. We'll see. I'm'a put some thoughts under a spoiler tag just in case.

Yes, Coryphius is a weak boss. But that was kind of the point. Over and over people say that the Tevinter he wants to restore died 1300+ years ago. The only people he can get are the political outcasts, the one without power in the current scheme. So, yeah, they suck. They're weak or desperate. This is a new age, and the old one is ROFLstomped.

While this is an interesting take, let's be honest here, Bioware having an unsatisfying ending battle has been consistent in everyone of there games since Mass Effect 2. Saying it's for story reasons is kinda going easy

• Like 1

While this is an interesting take, let's be honest here, Bioware having an unsatisfying ending battle has been consistent in everyone of there games since Mass Effect 2. Saying it's for story reasons is kinda going easy

I found DA2's final battle quite satisfying. DAI is thew first from the Dragon Ages series where the ending battle felt so flat to me. I want to say even the writers/developers have admitted to not using Corypheus the best main antagonist wise so even story wise its a weak excuse.

• 1 month later...

PVP bounties in Destiny kinda suck today so I am going to pop in DA and try to get my crew past this damned Desire Demon and get this dour golem in my fellowship.

Apparently all future DA:I DLC will be next current gen only

There also will be a feature to move all your saves from last gen to current gen

http://kotaku.com/dragon-age-inquisition-s-next-dlc-will-be-for-current-g-1716192572

This annoys me. On the one hand I keep thinking I was probably going to wait anyways to get a next gen system before gettign DLC. On ther hand I sort of hate that I don't have a choice in the matter now.

Well technically you could at least buy Jaws and get it for both - since the Dragon Age website has a note that if you bought for the 360 or PS3 - you can download it on your current gen system, as long as you are using the same gamertag

But I understand what you are saying in regards to future DLC

Of course - I don't mind since I was planning on trading in my 360 copy and getting the One version. The moving saves over thing is great news.

I do realize I am in the slim minority though

Just an FYI - you have to download the Black Emporium DLC to be able to upload a save to transfer between systems

It is a free DLC but it doesn't download automatically

Discovered that this AM when trying to get a save ready

• 4 weeks later...

So im playing Origins for the first time.

Man is the start of this game sooooo much better than Inquisition.

I am immediately invested in my mage and my poor female elf rogue because of their individual prologue stories. These are fantastic, the elf especially.

The city elf origin really rips out your heart and has Duncan stomp on it the entire way to Ostagar. Just, yeah, did not expect it to go there. My female Tabris' tend to be really high violence types.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just started on Dragon Age: Origins, because I like to start at the start of things. It's extremely frustrating - you notice you've got low health, so you choose Heal (or drink potion), but if you move your character before the animation starts, they don't do it. And if you stand still, they get hit with an attack and die. And people keep stunning or paralysing you, so you can't even fight if you want to. And this whole 'play as anyone on combat, but be your own character in all dialogue scenes' concept does my head in. If it's a one player game and I am my character, that's fine. If it's a party game and I control four characters, that's fine. But this half and half, I don't like.

World looks nice. Gameplay doesn't match up to cutscenes very well. All Mages must wear stupid hats to be effective. I chose to play as a Mage, and now my available party consists of three witches, Alistair and a Dog. I'd have chosen a rogue if I'd known.

• Like 1