DVDVR Message Board

A DRAGON AGE THREAD

RIPPA

From the sounds of it Corypheus stole Solas' orb when he was sleeping. You didn't miss any hints as far as the big post-credit reveal goes. Its more one of those things that makes sense in retrospect as opposed to say the Blackwall reveal was where you had enough knowledge to figure out something was up.

The Flemeth reveal was fine. There is still plenty of mystery to her and her goals. Same with Solas.

Actually

Solas gave Corypheus the orb. He even says so when talking to Felmeth. It was that he couldn't open it on his own so he somehow thought that it was a totally cool idea to get Corypheus' help opening it.

I would say the biggest hint you get about the after game reveal is if you take Solas with you turning What Pride Had Wrought he and Morrigan have a conversation that makes a lot more sense in hindsight

• Like 1

Corypheus is from a DA2 DLC called Legacy and originates from the group that is considered the cause for the Blights/Darkspawn. 

Skyhold wasn't a particular place you should have known. It was more about finding a real home for the Inquisition and making it an official power opposed to the ragtag militia it was.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I've played about 20 hours into Dragon Age on PS4... holy shit the difference. There's ground cover! There's in-battle chatter! There's sunlight and shadows and andandandanando;isrfuh ;oaSRIgu ;oirvn/a

*ahem* Yeah, so I haven't seen but the Hinterlands and the Storm Coast, but OMG I cannot wait to see the Emerald Graves.

So gamestop is having a used sale this weekend, and I always see people talking about Dragon Age. If I've never played one (I have played Baldur's Gate which people say is similar maybe?) which game should I start with?

So gamestop is having a used sale this weekend, and I always see people talking about Dragon Age. If I've never played one (I have played Baldur's Gate which people say is similar maybe?) which game should I start with?

Origins

• Like 1

You do get A LOT of expansions/DLC which is nice (plus the random armor)

I don't think any of the DLC is essential playing so I think it really comes down to how much time you think you are going to invest in the game

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think any of the DLC is essential playing so I think it really comes down to how much time you think you are going to invest in the game

I would play through Lelianna's Song, Golems of Amgorrak, and Witch Hunt for sake of OCD if you cared about extra stuff in DA2.  I feel that these are optional but Witch's Hunt gives you a bit more story closure if you played a Dalish Elf.

I personally consider Warden's Keep, Return to Ostagar, and Stone Prisoner to be part of the story proper.

I would play through Lelianna's Song, Golems of Amgorrak, and Witch Hunt for sake of OCD if you cared about extra stuff in DA2. I feel that these are optional but Witch's Hunt gives you a bit more story closure if you played a Dalish Elf.

I personally consider Warden's Keep, Return to Ostagar, and Stone Prisoner to be part of the story proper.

Amusing to me cause I still don't have Keep or Ostagar.

Return to Ostagar provides a bit of plot closure if the events of the Battle of Ostagar left you with a bad taste in your mouth. Caelan's armor is perfect for Alistair's use.

I like Warden's Keep but it is best left unplayed unless your Warden is a Warrior or if you want a decent set of plate armor for Sten or Oghren.  Winter's Breath is a good staff for Morrigan, but you can find other staves just as good for her in the normal game or other DLC.  There are some decent Blood Mage items in WK, but I've never played a Blood Mage for an extended campaign.

The nice thing about Warden's Keep is the storage and background about why the Wardens were banned from Fereldan for so long.

I don't normally like exploiting glitches, but the storage glitch is awesome.  I find it amusing for my characters to be standing there naked in the snow after I reboot the game to get my upgraded gear.

Fired this up yesterday for old time's sake.  Tried to make a Dalish Elf but the shitty ears for player characters still makes me sad.  Will probably end up making another Noble Human Rogue.

Alastair, Eirik Cousland (Human Rogue), and his faithful hound, Garm, now stand at the precipice before hitting the Tower of Ishal.

Thank you, gold glitch, for providing super amounts of currency so that I can always have upgraded gear.

Got through some of the Tower of Ishal last night after several failed attempts to stay online with Destiny.   Stopped before the ogre fight.  I really am rusty when it comes to radial menu use.

I forgot how much crap there is to do in Lothering before moving on.  Almost screwed myself and nearly forgot to talk to the guy in the Chantry for the Blackstone Irregulars recruitment quest before heading off to camp. 

I am going to be smart and max out my Persuasion first.  That way I can schmooze my way through some quests and encounters via conversation.

Have to chat up all of my party members and then it is off to do the damned Circle of Mages quest for the millionth time, but it will feel like the first time since I am mega rusty at this.  I know I am rusty because I am all, "Oh, shit. I am a Rogue.  I coulda used my traps." after some encounters.

Thank God I already have enough time invested in the game that I don't have to unlock any Specialty classes.   My Human Noble Rogue is now a Duelist.

• Like 1