DVDVR Message Board

A DRAGON AGE THREAD

RIPPA

I think I'm finally nearing the end of my playthrough.  Next storyline mission is What Pride Hath Wrought. 

I've got all the shards, and finished off 8 of the 10 dragons so far.  I'm down to the one on the Storm Coast and the last one of that group of 3 in the ruined arenas (can't remember the name).  Guess I'll go after the storm coast one first, and leave that damn fire dragon down in the hole for last.  I've hit level 23, but I'm struggling with the dragons more than most people seem to be.  I mowed through most of em pretty easily, but those last two have had my number so far.  I think it's because I haven't really paid attention when I've been assigning abilities. 

Well the last couple you face are like Level 22 and 23s - so instead of being like 5 levels above that you normally are - it's even footing.

I didnt even bother with that last of the group of 3 or the one in the Hissing Wastes in the god damn hole.

Finished off the Storm Coast dragon yesterday pretty easily.  I figured what the hell and went after the last of the group of 3.  Somehow it was much easier than a couple days ago.  Better equipment I guess, since I tried the same crew as before (Cassandra, Iron Bull, VIvienne and melee rogue Inquisitor) and I hadn't leveled anybody up during that time.  It didn't hurt that I had Mark of the Rift ready to go when the fight started, and that the dragon called in so many of his little buddies that I was able to use it again later in the fight. 

Almost to level 24, and I have more purple shit than I can carry.  Started What Pride Had Wrought, and I'm just destroying these poor bastards.  Definitely seeing what people mean about being over leveled. 

So I made it to the Oasis. That's a fun little glitch... Can't download the patch for a couple of weeks so im starting a second character - Female Dwarf Rogue

Spec'd in bows with stealth and poison weapons on the side. Love the different feel this playthrough.

Have been sniping guys from miles away with power shot and explosive shot while Cass and Varric get in close and Solas buffs.

Playing this differently too. While my Quinari is a naive, himble, man of honor type, my Dwarf is a know it all who welcomes the title "Herald of Andraste" and is happy to throw it in peoples faces!

Once I get the patch ill jump between the two but until then its all arrows, all the time!!!

• Like 1

Finished it up last night.  Add me to the list that was underwhelmed with the ending.  Nothing really wrong with it that stood out, but it definitely didn't feel like the end of an epic quest either.

I haven't been paying much attention all the time, so I had no clue what was going on with the broken orb.  Did Solas give that to Corypheus and accidentally trigger all this shit?  I never really talked to him much anyway, so I could easily have missed something.

Also, I'm kinda disappointed they finally explained what Flemeth is.  I liked her as this random, mysterious being that was super-powerful and may or may not be evil.  There's nothing wrong with her being a manifestation of an ancient elven god, but I just liked the mystery I guess.

From the sounds of it Corypheus stole Solas' orb when he was sleeping. You didn't miss any hints as far as the big post-credit reveal goes. Its more one of those things that makes sense in retrospect as opposed to say the Blackwall reveal was where you had enough knowledge to figure out something was up.

The Flemeth reveal was fine. There is still plenty of mystery to her and her goals. Same with Solas.

Actually

Solas gave Corypheus the orb. He even says so when talking to Felmeth. It was that he couldn't open it on his own so he somehow thought that it was a totally cool idea to get Corypheus' help opening it.

I would say the biggest hint you get about the after game reveal is if you take Solas with you turning What Pride Had Wrought he and Morrigan have a conversation that makes a lot more sense in hindsight

• Like 1

You guys are tempting me badly with these spoilers...

My wife was good enough to take our PS3 with her to her parents place and DL the patch so the Qunari lives!!!

Cleared the Oasis as much as possible. So many shards to find...

Cleared the game through to Skyhold. Is Corypheous someone I should know? His reveal felt like something that should have been bigger and I got the impression he was in a previous game. One of those "oh no, its him!" type deals that went over my head.

Same with the Skyhold shot. The way it was framed, the music etc really made it seem like this was a place of importance that everyone should know at first sight and I just went " oh, cool..."

Also cringed at little at the LOTR style "Dawn will come" sing along. It was a very nicely done piece but I couldnt help comparing it to THAT scene.

All up this game is epic though. It feels like I have done so much but at the same time we have only just met the big bad and ive only just been named Inquisitor. Feela like there will be so much more.

Definately keen to play the previous games though. Feeling like these big moments are going over my head alittle due to a lack of knowledge about Thedas and it's lore.

Corypheus is from a DA2 DLC called Legacy and originates from the group that is considered the cause for the Blights/Darkspawn. 

Skyhold wasn't a particular place you should have known. It was more about finding a real home for the Inquisition and making it an official power opposed to the ragtag militia it was.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I've played about 20 hours into Dragon Age on PS4... holy shit the difference. There's ground cover! There's in-battle chatter! There's sunlight and shadows and andandandanando;isrfuh ;oaSRIgu ;oirvn/a

*ahem* Yeah, so I haven't seen but the Hinterlands and the Storm Coast, but OMG I cannot wait to see the Emerald Graves.

So gamestop is having a used sale this weekend, and I always see people talking about Dragon Age. If I've never played one (I have played Baldur's Gate which people say is similar maybe?) which game should I start with?

So gamestop is having a used sale this weekend, and I always see people talking about Dragon Age. If I've never played one (I have played Baldur's Gate which people say is similar maybe?) which game should I start with?

Origins

• Like 1

You do get A LOT of expansions/DLC which is nice (plus the random armor)

I don't think any of the DLC is essential playing so I think it really comes down to how much time you think you are going to invest in the game

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think any of the DLC is essential playing so I think it really comes down to how much time you think you are going to invest in the game

I would play through Lelianna's Song, Golems of Amgorrak, and Witch Hunt for sake of OCD if you cared about extra stuff in DA2.  I feel that these are optional but Witch's Hunt gives you a bit more story closure if you played a Dalish Elf.

I personally consider Warden's Keep, Return to Ostagar, and Stone Prisoner to be part of the story proper.

I would play through Lelianna's Song, Golems of Amgorrak, and Witch Hunt for sake of OCD if you cared about extra stuff in DA2. I feel that these are optional but Witch's Hunt gives you a bit more story closure if you played a Dalish Elf.

I personally consider Warden's Keep, Return to Ostagar, and Stone Prisoner to be part of the story proper.

Amusing to me cause I still don't have Keep or Ostagar.

Return to Ostagar provides a bit of plot closure if the events of the Battle of Ostagar left you with a bad taste in your mouth. Caelan's armor is perfect for Alistair's use.

I like Warden's Keep but it is best left unplayed unless your Warden is a Warrior or if you want a decent set of plate armor for Sten or Oghren.  Winter's Breath is a good staff for Morrigan, but you can find other staves just as good for her in the normal game or other DLC.  There are some decent Blood Mage items in WK, but I've never played a Blood Mage for an extended campaign.