DVDVR Message Board

A DRAGON AGE THREAD

RIPPA

I kept saying I would create a separate thread and I finally did so. I am not going to bother to drag over the conversations in other threads but yeah...

Y'all have the right to punch me in the face if I break down and play DA2 again.

But anyway - I remembered that I wanted to start this because Bioware has announced that Dragon Age Inquisition will have it's first gay party member that is only male-on-male (God that is such a clunky way of saying that).

http://kotaku.com/biowares-first-gay-male-party-member-debuts-in-dragon-a-1598481062

No offense, but is the LBGT fanbase of Bioware so big that every RPG they put out with a romance angle has to have a homosexual option?

And yeah, if you play DA2 again I will indeed punch you in the face. 

I played DA2 on my friend's console when it came out.  I  hated the game killing bugs so much that I never finished Origins.  I didn't see the point in going on.

No offense, but is the LBGT fanbase of Bioware so big that every RPG they put out with a romance angle has to have a homosexual option?

I think at this point yes it does.

And I am not saying that in a matter of catering to a specific audience either.

Bioware as a company has prided themselves (no pun intended) on presenting a more diversified universe for their fans and allowing their fans to play a character they way they want to that they might be able to bound with on a deep personal level. I don't think it add very much time to the development process and you are making fans happy - do it.

I am not going to hook up with him but that is because his name is Dorian and he is a mage so he can eat a dick. (Okay - that pun clearly was intended)

Now if Cortez hadn't been mourning his dead husband... that might have been a different conversation.

I love DA. I really enjoyed DA 2 no matter how slow it is late.

That said, my interest in DA:I isn't that high because I still hold a grudge for that fucking ending. I will get it, but it'll be a while.

I know you mean ME3 but there are plenty of people who feel the same way about DA2's ending so your statement amused me.

Honestly - the biggest reason for not revisiting either Dragon Age is I just don't have the time. Not with my backlog and other crap.

Also - the fact that you can't truly truly import a save offer will ease not having one.

I was guessing his complaint was the DA2 ending.  I personally had no issues with stabbing a certain someone in the back after that bit.

I'm actually optimistic about Inquisition.  It appears that they've learned their lessons the hard way with DA2.  The most worrying thing for me is that a lot of it seems to be built around the fade.  The parts where you get trapped in that are my least favorite parts of DA.

I actually like that they are making characters strictly gay or lesbian, as opposed to DA2, where everybody is either bi or has seemingly taken a vow of chastity.  Of course I still think Saints Row 4 has the best romance system of any game ever, so what do I know?

I actually like that they are making characters strictly gay or lesbian, as opposed to DA2, where everybody is either bi or has seemingly taken a vow of chastity.  Of course I still think Saints Row 4 has the best romance system of any game ever, so what do I know?

Funnily - I was just telling JT about SR4's one a day or two ago because I am going through it right now.

Even better was a few of the things were direct parodies of ME3 so that is always going to get big points from me.

God - who the fuck did I even romance in DA2? 

I think Merrill and I felt really dirty for doing so

Pretty sure mine was Isabella.  I know the first game was Leliana.

I have questions about anyone who didn't romance Isabella...either that or I have a thing for mysterious, crazy, pirate women.

I'm excited for DAI. The story seems interesting enough and I like the more open world direction they are going. I'm also digging how they are handling the romance options so far.

I love DA2, but then again I only just played it earlier this year so I never had to deal with the game breaking bugs.

Once upon a time I finished Dragon Age 1. 

Then the baby came. Then the baby turned 1 and later on, 2.

The idea of playing a game that's more than three hours long is now utterly laughable and will be for years to come.

The end.

Once upon a time I finished Dragon Age 1. 

Then the baby came. Then the baby turned 1 and later on, 2.

The idea of playing a game that's more than three hours long is now utterly laughable and will be for years to come.

The end.

That'll be my life come late December or early January.  Add to that the fact that I'll be nearly 44 and I'm gonna be lucky if I have the energy to do anything.

Oh yeah, this is that game that Dan and Robert was going on about in a chatroom while we were playing GTA and they had might have well been speaking German, for all I understood of it. I'd never even heard of it before they started talking about it.

Robert, get that baby in an Xbox headset stat - Uncle Melraz will teach that youngun its first words.

Also - the fact that you can't truly truly import a save offer will ease not having one.

The Keep will let you recreate everything. I'm part of the beta, and it's pretty exhaustive.

Yeah - but allowing me to flip switches to get the choices I want means I don't have to suffer again.

Though is there an option to make Anders not a douche?

I got the first game for $5 during a PSN sale. Took me a long time to warm up to it but I'm digging it now. Still a little too talky for me and the attempts at sexuality are awkwardly done at best.

The Keep will let you recreate everything. I'm part of the beta, and it's pretty exhaustive.

Yeah - but allowing me to flip switches to get the choices I want means I don't have to suffer again.

Though is there an option to make Anders not a douche?

no, just accept his doucheness and finish him off with glee at the end.

• 1 month later...

Look for the surprise appearances around 1:36

I saw Morrigaine and I think that was Alastair early in the trailer!

No one is sure if that is supposed to be Alistair or a default Warden Commander from Origins. The big sup[rise is that Hawke from DA2 is in. there had been talks of Hawke and the Hero of Ferelden appearing in some manner, but nothing concrete until now. It actually a bigger appearance than expected going off of the trailer.

If you are planning on getting this game, it looks like the deluxe edition is $10 more on ps3, ps4, and the xb1...  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JUFT3HW/  right now on amazon, the deluxe edition for the 360 is the same price as the standard edition. This could be fixed at anytime, so....I'd go ahead and pre-order, and if they jack the price up call in and bitch about it.