DVDVR Message Board

Your All Purpose Anime Thread

J.H.

11 hours ago, dogwelder said:

So the latest TWfM ep:

Hide contents

With the revelation that the GUND technology was supposed to be used for medical advancements, I wonder if GUNDAMs became 'cursed' to maintain separation between classes and Earthnoids/Spacenoids

That was revealed back in episode 0. Seemed obvious it was a bullshit move made for corporate and/or classist reasons.

• 2 weeks later...

The new Pokemon anime replaces longterm protagonists Ash and Pikachu for good. The old game and comics have better versions of both retired characters.

New trainers Riko and Roy replace Ash, and Pokemon Sprigatito, Quaxly, and Fuecoco replace Pikachu.

Wonder if Rica Matsumoto is planning on retiring soon since Satoshi/Ash is pretty much the only thing she's known for these days

(Although it would be nice if she rejoined JAM Project for one last album.  IMO the group's albums have been missing something since she left)

On 12/16/2022 at 9:30 PM, dogwelder said:

Wonder if Rica Matsumoto is planning on retiring soon since Satoshi/Ash is pretty much the only thing she's known for these days

(Although it would be nice if she rejoined JAM Project for one last album.  IMO the group's albums have been missing something since she left)

I'm positive if they announced another Tenchi project she'd jump at the chance

James

• 2 weeks later...

I've never watched FLCL before and caught the final episode last night before crashing out. That was... something. The direct shots from Akira were pretty tongue-in-cheek. At times it felt like they were just throwing every anime trope against the wall just for fun. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I've never watched FLCL before and caught the final episode last night before crashing out. That was... something. The direct shots from Akira were pretty tongue-in-cheek. At times it felt like they were just throwing every anime trope against the wall just for fun. 

Was it the original FLCL or the sequel series?

5 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Was it the original FLCL or the sequel series?

If he's talking about the marathon that ran on Adult Swim on New Year's Eve, it was the original FLCL.

• Like 1

Gundam's usually run for around 50ish episodes, so I imagine they're doing 12 episode seasons as that seems to be the new hotness.

But damn this show switched from Slice of life School drama to "War is hell" Gundam quick.  The soundtrack to this one was epic too.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...