DVDVR Message Board

JULY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Here's the press conference. They tried to take a bracelet from his dad,where he gets a bit emotional.But the next second he's back to jolly old Bryan.

I love how everything goes back to Josie for them. Which, as a dog owner, makes total sense.

• Like 3

Maybe GFW will be a neo-NWA and will link promotions all over the world together.......

That's honestly the best use of GFW at this point. 

Basically what TNA should have been from the start before they decided to hold the NWA World and World Tag titles hostage.

• Like 1

From Mick Foley's Facebook page...

THE SAD STORY OF ZACK RYDER

*author's note - I originally wrote this story as "The Tragedy of Zack Ryder", but, after watching the evening news filled with real tragedies, downgraded it to a "sad story"

The story of Zack Ryder is a sad one.

It's a sad story because I've seen so much great, hard-working talent recently on the independent scene, and know how difficult it is for them to even get a shot at the big time, let alone get over...really over. Zack Ryder was over...and now he's not.

It's a sad story because he found a new and unique way to make himself a valuable commodity in WWE - and now his value is gone.

It's a sad story because in November of 2011, after a heavily promoted "once in a lifetime" teaming up of John Cena - WWE Universe and Dwayne The Rock Johnson, Madison Square Garden, the most famous arena in the world erupted in "We want Ryder" chants - and now those chants are gone.

It's a sad story because I refereed several of his main event matches in Europe in that fall of 2011, and saw the joy with which he was received by the fans in that main event role - a role he is unlikely to ever know again.

It's a sad story because fans bought his merchandise, they watched his show on You Tube, they liked him on Facebook (almost 1.5 million) they followed him on Twitter (over 1.5 million) and he made people smile - and now those smiles are gone.

It's a sad story because eventually people get tired of finding out that the WWE Superstars they have supported with their cheers, their purchases, their signs, their follows and their likes aren't real Superstars - and little by little, those fans lose interest in WWE, find other interests, and become former WWE fans.

It's a sad story because the next time WWE talent is given the speech about reaching for the brass ring, at the very least, in the back of their minds, they should be thinking about the guy who reached out and grabbed that brass ring - and was asked to return it.

Maybe his surprise victory on #RAW will be the start of something new. Maybe.

I remember standing in the ring with Zack and #CMPunk at Nassau Coliseum and gladly handing over my claim to being Long Island's most popular wrestler to Zack, Take a good look at that photo. Really look at it. Look at me, still important enough in the company's eyes to be part of an in-ring celecration. Look at Punk, breaking character, and willingly looking foolish, because it was a fun thing to do, and Zack Ryder's character made having fun, and wearing a ridiculous wig seem like the right thing to do. Look at the joy on Zack's face. That type of joy was infectuous. It's the type of joy we're not likely to see again. That photo is less than three years old...but it seems like such a long, long time ago.

That's sad.

Feel free to comment.

The "this is awesome" chant from the Hero clip has become vomit inducing. I've heard it during some of the most awful matches over the past year. Two guys from nxt participating in a near fall mess with no psychology does not equal awesome.

From Mick Foley's Facebook page...

THE SAD STORY OF ZACK RYDER

*author's note - I originally wrote this story as "The Tragedy of Zack Ryder", but, after watching the evening news filled with real tragedies, downgraded it to a "sad story"

The story of Zack Ryder is a sad one.

It's a sad story because I've seen so much great, hard-working talent recently on the independent scene, and know how difficult it is for them to even get a shot at the big time, let alone get over...really over. Zack Ryder was over...and now he's not.

It's a sad story because he found a new and unique way to make himself a valuable commodity in WWE - and now his value is gone.

It's a sad story because in November of 2011, after a heavily promoted "once in a lifetime" teaming up of John Cena - WWE Universe and Dwayne The Rock Johnson, Madison Square Garden, the most famous arena in the world erupted in "We want Ryder" chants - and now those chants are gone.

It's a sad story because I refereed several of his main event matches in Europe in that fall of 2011, and saw the joy with which he was received by the fans in that main event role - a role he is unlikely to ever know again.

It's a sad story because fans bought his merchandise, they watched his show on You Tube, they liked him on Facebook (almost 1.5 million) they followed him on Twitter (over 1.5 million) and he made people smile - and now those smiles are gone.

It's a sad story because eventually people get tired of finding out that the WWE Superstars they have supported with their cheers, their purchases, their signs, their follows and their likes aren't real Superstars - and little by little, those fans lose interest in WWE, find other interests, and become former WWE fans.

It's a sad story because the next time WWE talent is given the speech about reaching for the brass ring, at the very least, in the back of their minds, they should be thinking about the guy who reached out and grabbed that brass ring - and was asked to return it.

Maybe his surprise victory on #RAW will be the start of something new. Maybe.

I remember standing in the ring with Zack and #CMPunk at Nassau Coliseum and gladly handing over my claim to being Long Island's most popular wrestler to Zack, Take a good look at that photo. Really look at it. Look at me, still important enough in the company's eyes to be part of an in-ring celecration. Look at Punk, breaking character, and willingly looking foolish, because it was a fun thing to do, and Zack Ryder's character made having fun, and wearing a ridiculous wig seem like the right thing to do. Look at the joy on Zack's face. That type of joy was infectuous. It's the type of joy we're not likely to see again. That photo is less than three years old...but it seems like such a long, long time ago.

That's sad.

Feel free to comment.

Sound about right...

Oh sorry, I mean "someone's BUUUUUTTHUUUUURT..."

Can't people please stop posting every goddamn snippet, blog, whatever etc etc that boils down to Ryder being wasted? Doing so only leads to 15 fucking pages that not all us care to scan through.

• Like 1

Maybe GFW will be a neo-NWA and will link promotions all over the world together.......

Basically what TNA should have been from the start before they decided to hold the NWA World and World Tag titles hostage.

Kind of 

I could see it being like the NWA pre-1986 with Jarrett acting as a president of sorts and the belt going from territory to territory. Jarrett doesn't actually promote anything, he just oversees GFW. 

Speaking of the NWA, Vince needs to buy the rights to their trademarks and put it out of its misery.

The Foley thing seems wholly plagiarized from posts that bave appeared on this forum for years. Years! Wait; was Mick in a coma?

Nope, just lost in Cleveland with amnesia again.

Sad to hear about the Bryan/Brie robbery. I hope he can get past the ulnar nerve issues he described in the video-- it is, on some level, nice to know exactly what's going on injury-wise. Seems like a pretty cool dude in real life.

That Daniel and Brie interview is wonderful. Jesus, his fucking neck injury ruined WWE this summer. I'm not as down on the booking as most, but it seems after a great 'Mania it's been nothing but bad news after bad news. #BNB

• Like 1

The Foley thing seems wholly plagiarized from posts that bave appeared on this forum for years. Years! Wait; was Mick in a coma?

Nope, just lost in Cleveland with amnesia again.

Sad to hear about the Bryan/Brie robbery. I hope he can get past the ulnar nerve issues he described in the video-- it is, on some level, nice to know exactly what's going on injury-wise. Seems like a pretty cool dude in real life.

It was a burglary, not a robbery.

Kind of 

I could see it being like the NWA pre-1986 with Jarrett acting as a president of sorts and the belt going from territory to territory. Jarrett doesn't actually promote anything, he just oversees GFW. 

Speaking of the NWA, Vince needs to buy the rights to their trademarks and put it out of its misery.

And hire Bruce Tharpe as the newest Authority flunky.