DVDVR Message Board

JULY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

The best example involving The Sandman was the Texas Death Match (at least I think those were the stips) match against Foley in ECW. I think he got hit by a frying pan or something and was clearly out of it. Also wouldn't surprise me if he went into the match drunk. Foley kept hitting him to get him to stay down, legit chair shots and all that, but Sandman wasn't getting the message.

Jeff Hardy vs Sting comes to mind.

That's the first one that came to my mind as well. At the least they recognized the problem and didnt let it go on long.

Another Hardy one was from Survivor Series 2002, the 6 man tag. There was a spot where Rico was on the top rope and Jeff was supposed to hit the ropes to knock Rico off. Jeff was off in la-la land for a while and Rico had to sit up there like an idiot and you can audibly here go, "goddamnit Jeff!" to get his (Hardy's) attention to complete the spot.

Is that dude Rowe that's in the team War Machine in ROH any good? He's wrestling Luke Hawx tomorrow for Hawx's Wildkat promotion, & I'm thinking about checking it out.

I like him.  He's pretty much the complete antithesis of a flippy indy guy. 

Speaking of the Worm, I was thinking about his match with Hogan against DDP and Karl Malone, and how he was clearly "in no condition to perform." Which got me to thinking, what are some other examples of wrestlers working while obviously fucked-up?  Of course there's Jake Roberts at the Heroes of Wrestling show, and I'm sure there are innumerable examples involving the Sandman.  Who else?

That infamous Jeff Hardy vs. Sting match.

That's the first one that came to my mind as well. At the least they recognized the problem and didnt let it go on long.

I'm not a regular follower of TNA, and it seems like they always get a lot of hate, some deserved, some not.  That being said, I've always felt like they did the best thing possible in that situation.  They delivered a match, somewhat, so as to avoid being accused of bait and switch, and ensured that it was as short as possible, and managed to reasonably maintain order at the same time.

Edited by jayhawk_in_cny

I'm not a regular follower of TNA, and it seems like they always get a lot of hate, some deserved, some not.  That being said, I've always felt like they did the best thing possible in that situation.  They delivered a match, somewhat, so as to avoid being accused of bait and switch, and ensured that it was as short as possible, and managed to reasonably maintain order at the same time.

The sad thing was that there were three matches on that PPV that were worse.

"Restart the match" - "NO!" has got to be the greatest duelling chant ever.

• Like 3

Who are you to doubt John Cena's acting skills? He's no Tommy Wisseau, but who is?

This guy.

In other news, Daniel Bryan came home from ComicCon to seeing his house being burglarized. He caught one of 'em.

The sad thing was that there were three matches on that PPV that were worse.

"Restart the match" - "NO!" has got to be the greatest duelling chant ever.

This lead to me watching another video and getting a perfectly timed alert on my phone, so as Hero is explaining that he's not racist, I hear "like I said, I don't hate *chime*".

That is all.