DVDVR Message Board

JULY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

I was sitting in the front row for that ROH show. Don't get wrong, there were a lot of boos, but I'd say there were definitely a lot of people who were cheering on Sweeney and Dempsey too. A couple of weeks after that, Sweeney was selling merch at King of Trios and I asked him about it. He seemed bothered by the cheers. There was definitely outrage in the building, but I think most of the backlash came about once everyone's adrenaline had worn down. Some people can cheer for some truly bad stuff while getting caught up in the moment, and then realize how shitty it was after the show.

And yes, it was edited off the DVD. But it's on youtube, I think.

• Like 1

Going back to caley's question, I wonder how many people saw that Force Choke Slam BL talked about last month and decided they were done defending this stuff. Not that it's anywhere near as bad as the misogyny angles we're all posted (frankly I'm shocked Jarrett wasn't working face during his last WWF angle with Chyna), but it probably be one of those things on my list that almost made me give up.

The day after that got posted one of my friends saw it and said some shit like "so at what point is this hobby no longer worth it?" But it wasn't close to as bad as the omega/9-yr-old thing.

So the question now is, what's more awkward, the 9-year-old girl, or Yoshihiko?

If Kharma is in WWE shape, bring her back.  Make Emma her stooge sidekick and feud them with AJ and Paige over who is the truest badasses.

Let both teams take turns killing the FUCK out of the other Divas until they finally are left to deal with each other.  Then make it bloody as fuck and bathe in $$$$$$.

• Like 2

Wrestling Confessions...

I was once in a trampoline wrestling league. There were 5 of us all doing different NWA/JCP characters. I tried to blade once. It looked like a cat scratched me. I was 14.

More recently and pretty much forever: I like Dory Funk Jr. and his matches entertain me.

There....now that I've cleansed my soul, maybe wrestling will come back to Idaho...someday...

• Like 3

She did a spot for Booker T's promotion here in Houston back in March. She looked to be in better shape than she was in the WWE. 

Yeah, last few times I saw her in SHINE, I noticed that she'd trimmed down considerably. 

Jesus, how many fucking people on this board were all on this show that they could then speak authoritatively about on the internet years later?

Relax. You seem uptight over 3-4 people discussing a wrestling show they've attended, on a wrestling message board.

• Like 2

I'm honestly surprised that Vince hasn't redone Tammy's Smoky Mountain gimmick. Being a Hillary lover would get you as much heat now as it did in 1995.

Or being a feminist anti-Diva. Who'd naturally align herself with two non-Diva types and run wild on the divas.

If WWE wanted to repackage Emma, they could probably use this gimmick. Just say that she's a Hillary Clinton fan who came here from Australia to attend Wellesley to follow in the footsteps of her idol. Team her with Paige as feminist heels. 

they'll combine this gimmick with Emma being a compulsive thief. She'll blame people targeting her as a thief on anti-female bias

Jesus, how many fucking people on this board were all on this show that they could then speak authoritatively about on the internet years later?

Relax. You seem uptight over 3-4 people discussing a wrestling show they've attended, on a wrestling message board.
Well now it makes perfect sense. Obviously some of these people transcend space and time, and thus occupy every point in the universe, thusly they have in fact been at EVERY wrestling show ever, and they're also next to me, checking my vital signs, able to offer insights into my mental state on the basis of a single sentence.

It also explains how people who "attended" this show apparently did so with completely different audiences. They didn't just attend the show in THIS universe. They attended the show in EVERY universe! Both the ones where the crowd was lapping it up, and the ones where they were sitting in appalled silence.

This could be the formation of a grand new era of quantum physics, where the one constant in every universe was that at an ROH show Larry Sweeney pushed Bobby Dempsey onto an ostensibly unconscious Allison Danger.

Which will be really weird in the universes where humans have been replaced by asexual robots, (as opposed to asexual ROHbots which are....nah, just write your own joke here.)

This post took a weird turn, but I brought it back to snark in the end.

If WWE wants to stop using Russia for Lana and Rusev, I have an idea that I'm stealing from an MVP storyline on Smackdown vs RAW.

Russia disowns Rusev and Lana for being too violent because as Lana says, Russia is a peace loving country. So they decide to form their own nation with a one man army in Rusev. Lana is the self elected female president of this new nation because Rusana society is more advanced than stupid America.

Rusana hats, shirts and flags available on WWE Shop. 

Wrestling Confessions...

I was once in a trampoline wrestling league. There were 5 of us all doing different NWA/JCP characters. I tried to blade once. It looked like a cat scratched me. I was 14.

More recently and pretty much forever: I like Dory Funk Jr. and his matches entertain me.

There....now that I've cleansed my soul, maybe wrestling will come back to Idaho...someday...

I tried to blade in the bathroom once. Explaining to people why I had a random long thin cut on my forehead was fun. I was trying to see if I could blade for an upcoming big backyard wrestling show. Oh to be young again.

• Like 1

I was looking for a used copy of FIFA at my local game shop when I found a copy of AAA Lucha Libre: Heroes del Ring for the Xbox 360. It plays really, really differently from most wrestling games. I wouldn't call it a great game, but it's kinda fun! I'm about three matches in and still getting used to timing counters. Any tips on being better at this game from anyone who has it?

It has me wanting to watch some AAA, actually. 

Wrestling Confessions...

If it does, you're likely to be disappointed.  Indy wrestling - i'm guessing WWE and TNA won't be stopping in Idaho any time soon - has a lot more in common with trampoline wrestling than it does any Dory Funk match.

• Like 1

I used to blade to get half-day sick leave from work. I'd walk down the hallway pretending to read charts - I worked at the time as a clinician at a mental health clinic - and run smack into a corner of a hallway. Once I'd hit the ground, *gig* and when people would check on me, I had a nice bit of color going. The jig was up once they started telling me I had be cleared by a neurologist every time is was out.

• Like 9

I was looking for a used copy of FIFA at my local game shop when I found a copy of AAA Lucha Libre: Heroes del Ring for the Xbox 360. It plays really, really differently from most wrestling games. I wouldn't call it a great game, but it's kinda fun! I'm about three matches in and still getting used to timing counters. Any tips on being better at this game from anyone who has it?

It has me wanting to watch some AAA, actually. 

Counters are all you need, really.

I need to check the leaderboards on that game because Tromataker and I were in good standing for a while. I think we were the only people playing it.

I'm honestly surprised that Vince hasn't redone Tammy's Smoky Mountain gimmick. Being a Hillary lover would get you as much heat now as it did in 1995.

Or being a feminist anti-Diva. Who'd naturally align herself with two non-Diva types and run wild on the divas.

If WWE wanted to repackage Emma, they could probably use this gimmick. Just say that she's a Hillary Clinton fan who came here from Australia to attend Wellesley to follow in the footsteps of her idol. Team her with Paige as feminist heels. 

they'll combine this gimmick with Emma being a compulsive thief. She'll blame people targeting her as a thief on anti-female bias

Emma must come to the ring to "Been Caught Stealin'" by Jane's Addiction

What's the hate about Kenny Omega about? I totally loved his match against the girl and Yoshihiko is awesome! Are you crazy?

Seriously, some people just can't wait to get offended by something.

I'm sure that little girl had the time of her life.

I don't get it.

• Like 1

Or The Dead Heart by Midnight Oil (the white Australians stealing from the Aboriginal Peoples)