DVDVR Message Board

JULY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

A question: do the old Raw Reports and Nitro Reports, etc. still exist on the net anywhere? I went looking to no avail. The reason I ask is because I found a couple tapes of recordings I made of the shows around '98 and started watching so kind of wanted to match up the opinions then with my opinion now. These will end up being reviewed, either way.

Excellence PW, which has a lot of the local Chikara guys, runs pretty consistently around there. They have a show tomorrow night in Sellersville. Also, depending on where in the Lehigh Valley you live, CZW isn't that far for a bigger show. 

Theres also the chikara spinoff Wrestling is Fun.

Thanks to you both.  I'm not available tomorrow, but might give Excellence a shot in August.  I've enjoyed what I've seen of Chikara, so both sound like a place to start.

Yeah, but it was only a self-proclaimed spoiled mama's boy laying in the shot with the racket; loaded or not. It just looked goofy to me.

The funny thing is that it was loaded more for them to use a weapon to fight off the fans, esp in Mid-South.

A number of times recently, he has told stories about people getting knocked silly from racket shots, thanks to the horseshoe inside it.

I always thought a good FO gimmick would be a cricket bat, wielded by an English/Aussie manager.

FWIW, released NXT developmental Danny Burch (aka Martin Stone) used to use a cricket bat back in the UK.

You can see him use it on (Rockstar) Spud at 1:20

That was quite the polite putting over of A.J. Styles right there. 

Huh, admitting that AJ Styles exists.  Surprising.

Indeed. HHH has possibly given the green light to 'staying classy' regarding the TNA/Indy guys. Next they mention Christopher Daniels as being one of Los Conquistadors in 2000.

I still don't get why they only did one cycle of TV in Japan. Those shows were fun and I imagine they could get big crowds again if they announced TV in advance, even if it meant using a smaller building. It's not like 99.44/100% of their fans would know any better. "Well, they booked Bodymaker Colosseum instead of Castle Hall so the product is clearly suffering..."

CRZ's old raw reports are still available at Slash Wrestling

Thanx, those will help but I really want to read the old Ollie/Dean/Phil reports (and whoever else was involved)

The ones for the dates you are looking for (98/99 time period) - if they existed were over on Ollie's site. That is gone now and archive.org is less than helpful

We used to have ones up on the site which you can find through archive but its early 2000 stuff.

Dark Cheetah used to run an archive kinda sorta through TOA but I can't find that (or archives of it right now)

Is it really too much to ask for someone in Japan to fancam the WWE shows and post them on YouTube

Last year some really good quality footage of the Japan shows showed up on Youtube. Almost complete shows. We could get them this year but they get taken down quickly.

Oh and btw - is searching for said workrate reports I found lots fun with all the people who hate us (specifically me and Dean)

Including the guy who was all NOT A GOOD GROUP AND NECRO BUTCHER WOULD AGREE WITH ME!!!!

So I've been hearing things about this Konga Kong guy on the indies. I got a FB invite from the IWA Mid South page for one of their events, and it listed Kong as their champion. Anyone know good matches of his to look up? 

Quick google image search reveals he's got a killer rack. B, maybe C cup.