DVDVR Message Board

JULY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Did the Cobra ever face off against Mr Socko? I'm almost positive it's happened but I can't place it.

During the 40-man Royal Rumble, if I recall correctly. 

That weird Mike's Twisted Tea promo was like the wrestling version of Final Destination. First Emma (who didn't even get to the shoot), and now Santino. Who is next? Adam Rose? The guy in the hot dog costume?

Don't doubt the nerf helmet's impact in killing the gimmick. There was no recovery from that.

Just needed a big fist on top of it.

144_sHULK_00000000_0004.jpg

They could've sold foam Faarooq Fists for the kids.  They would've beat Hulk Hands to the market by several years.

Instead of a Karate Fighters tournament they could've had a Faarooq Fists Fighters Tournament.  And just picture the commercials with little white kids punching each other with their Faarooq Fists while spouting, "By any means necessary!"

Also, I vaguely recall Jim Ross just breaking kay fab right away and questioning why a legit athlete like 'Ron Simmons' would let Sunny dress and name him something so ridiculous.

The GFW database is alive and well and will shortly be adding 500 new names.  In related news, someone sent Jeff Jarrett a copy of Firepro Wrestling.

Fingers crossed that Jarrett can sign that Dick Slender guy

• Like 3

What the hell is that thing Hulk is holding on his shoulder? A bazooka disguised as a fanny pack? It looks like it has a zipper down the middle.

Gas tank for a motorcycle....

...full of coke.

• Like 6

It is a shame that WWE/USA Network is against choking spots because what wrestling needs is more Terry Funk-style sneak attacks using a plastic bag to choke someone out. 

Can you imagine how unglued the fans would go if Ambrose jumped Seth Rollins and bagged him? We don't get blood on purpose anymore (which is an overall good thing, to be fair), but we need to make up for it with bag attacks. 

Also, this should be supplemented with more branding iron attacks and spikes to the eye. Especially when it comes to Ambrose, who should aim for being Terry Funk circa 1989 for a new generation.