DVDVR Message Board

JULY PHOTO THREAD

TNA_Shirt_James_Storm_I_Drink_Beer_Talen

That is the lamest tough guy shirt.

Yeah, I looked at it for a good minute and I just couldn't figure out how that was supposed to insult anyone. I want to believe that somehow this was the best one of the whole bunch and there's pages of potential James Storm shirts and they settled on this.

I guess James Storm is telling us that his mom is a raging alcoholic. It's probably the only way she can get through two hours of Impact. And what about James' dad? Is he watching in delight thinking of what he's going to do to his unconscious wife? Is he crying in the corner as he watches his wife lose her battle with addiction?

• Like 3

tumblr_n83nkgVZ2e1qbp5cmo2_1280.png

"You know, he scratches away at that door for hours to get outside and the second he's outside, he's scratching on the door to get back in...."

Too many posts without pictures! Why does the Canadian have to help get you guys back on track?

246520_10150991461981166_204826483_n.jpg

I saw someone on TV dressed like this at the Met game on 4th of July.

Yeah, the 4th plate represents a singles title,  Clark - as The Nightstalker - won Smoky Mountain's Beat the Champ TV Championship, then lost it the same night to Tim Horner.  The other three plates are for tag titles.  Kronik won the WCW Tag Titles twice and All Japan's world tag belts once. 

All Japan gave him a belt.  Ugh.

I'd forgotten about SMW's Beat the Champ gimmick.  Hard to pull off, which is why no one has copied it, but a lot of fun.  Champion defended his belt at TV tapings against a "randomly picked" opponent.  If he had five successful defenses, the champ won a cash bonus, then vacated the belt.  The cash prize made the defenses seem important and the five-and-vacate deal drew interest for a secondary title.  Fun concept.

I was honestly thinking about SMW's TV title the other day and was thinking it would be something I would gank if I was running a promotion.  But realistically, I think it would work best for something like NXT with a single hour to fill a week.  Makes sense why someone would want the thing and thanks to the random nature of the draw and the 5 defense rule, you can throw jobber matches and upsets in all over the place no worries.