DVDVR Message Board

JULY PHOTO THREAD

Yeah, there were a number of chav gimmicks for a while in the UK - Darren Burridge has been mentioned, there was a 'Chav Army' in IPW:UK, the 'Manchester Massive' in FWA and elsewhere. Sure I'm missing some others but it was definitely a thing.

Now I think about it, Robbie Brookside toyed with it during his heel run in FWA too.

Chavs and Guidos have commonalities, but the former term has a lot more nastiness behind it - it's got a lot more to do with class hatred. 'Chavs' were really just the 'football casuals' who have been around since the 1980s.

Inoki's DB is a little different to the featured one of Moore's - it's not actually a 3x6, it's a 2x6; the top button isn't quite in line on Inoki's and isn't supposed to be buttoned from what I can see. I quite like that about it though - Inoki doesn't need his chest made to look broad by creating a diagonal line; his chest *is* broad thankyouverymuch.

I'm not against bum freezers per se and some of my suits have button stances higher than I'd prefer, but I buy off the rack -Batista and Titus almost certainly at least go made-to-measure so there's just no excuse for it.

So a Chav is a British guido?

Closest equivalent but less to do with masochism & grooming and more to do with the English underclass asserting themselves with tacky material objects.

I mean god forbid people who have the nerve not to aspire to British middle-class vaues buy tacky material objects.

And we are not allowed to spend