DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers For 7/17 & 7/24

I am going to assume that Muta is working on his 3rd or 4th gear because he was working Robbie E and wasn't worth it but man I hope he kicks it up if he is going to have matches against Storm or Senada in TNA or Wrestle-1.    Talk about sluggish. 

As someone who doesn't really follow Japan wrestling, why is there wiring in the back of Muta's mask.   Does it light up in the dark?  

This crowd really likes to yell ECW but overall they really don't care much for this Dixie's family vs Dreamer/Dudleys gimmick.  Maybe it will be different when the big table spot occurs a week or so from now.

Muta doesn't have a third or fourth gear.

He's a 51 year old man with no knees.

I still can't believe that was the first time Muta worked NYC

He worked New Jersey in '02, and according to WWE that's the same thing.

According to the NFL that is the same thing too

• Like 1

I know it's easy to shit on the direction TNA took in these couple shows, because fuck TNA, amirite? But if their goal is to get as many eyes back on the product ASAP, then they really made some smart decisions here. 

Sure, the six-sided ring is death for the workers. But the people want it. Sure, ECW is dated. But their reunion PPV drew well for TNA a short four years ago. And sure, the Hardys are also dated. But if we're going for nostalgia to rope people back in, might as well go full bore (or GORE). Dropping all these bombs at once in front of a hot New York crowd in a venue that looks decent on TV gave the product a shot of much-needed adrenaline. Glass half-full for me.

If I wanted to take a more cynical view about the direction of the last couple shows, I could see it as Bully using his position of power to get his friends some national TV exposure to help drive up their booking prices. But I prefer not to dwell on that nutty idea. 

• Like 1

A Hardys nostalgia run is genuinely one of the main reasons I'm watching this stuff again. Following their tag with the Briscoes, I really want to see what they get out of The Wolves. The Hardys are great. Remember their reunion in 2006/2007? So many long, southern tag matches. The other reason is MVP who, on one leg, is still better than everyone else and still rocks it on the stick. 

I also really like the look of the shows in the Hammerstein. It's just a great venue for pro wrestling.

Killer promo from Aries as usual, great job putting over the importance of the match. He always delivers big when given mic opportunities like that, would love to see him get another run on top at some point. Great having Taryn back, she looked good. Her and Gail had a good match building while it lasted, hope they get a proper match for the title eventually. Loved Taz getting in a double "I know who that is!". Looking forward to Hardyz/Wolves and Aries/Lashley next week.

• Like 1