DVDVR Message Board

Super Smash Brothers for Wii U and 3DS

I will play and enjoy a Dr Mario I don't have to pay extra for.

Observational Wolf-related news from the Japan Demo: 'Fox has an alternate skinThat looks exactly like wolf. He's gray fur, purple eye device and grayish clothing. It's the only skin that changes foxes fur. This is only a color, NOT a costume'

Also one of the colour schemes for Link is Fierce Deity Link, which is a bit exiting for the few who know what that is.

The demo allieviated my fears about playing Smash on a handheld. It's fun. I'm not used to the controls though. I keep jumping when I'm trying hit a special attack.

But unfortunately, the demo only has 5 characters (and only 2 newcomers) and 1 level. So I got bored with it pretty quick. Can not wait for the full game.

The demo doesn't have much, but it gave me a chance to get used to the controls.  I love it, Mega Man is pretty well done.  Even the Villager has some nifty moves to work with.  I got a huge kick out of when you knock somebody out and they hit the screen.  Seeing Mario knocked out with the 3D on was tremendous.  I'm so ready for this and the WiiU version.

Need to see how to activate the Smash ball.  Keep stumbling into it, no matter what I press.

The demo doesn't have much, but it gave me a chance to get used to the controls. I love it, Mega Man is pretty well done. Even the Villager has some nifty moves to work with. I got a huge kick out of when you knock somebody out and they hit the screen. Seeing Mario knocked out with the 3D on was tremendous. I'm so ready for this and the WiiU version.

Need to see how to activate the Smash ball. Keep stumbling into it, no matter what I press.

Hit it a bunch to crack it open and "ready" your Final Smash. Then hit B to do it.

Pikachu has been my "main" in every game except Melee, where he was my #2 behind Mewtwo (R.I.P.), so I'm not surprised. He probably will be again this time too, though I wanna try out Pac-Man, Duck Hunt, Bowser Jr., Bowser, Greninja, and Charizard before I make that decision.

The only thing keeping me from taking my second bogus sick day in a month (the prior one my street was under enough water that my choices were "ruin a pair of shoes to take the bus", "spend $30 on a cab" or "blow a sick day") is the knowledge that my copy will not arrive before 3pm, and I get off work at 4.

The only thing keeping me from taking my second bogus sick day in a month (the prior one my street was under enough water that my choices were "ruin a pair of shoes to take the bus", "spend $30 on a cab" or "blow a sick day") is the knowledge that my copy will not arrive before 3pm, and I get off work at 4.

I took a vacation day off work tonight.

Initial thoughts:

-Greninja is my favorite newcomer and might be my favorite overall character in the game. Followed by Pac-Man.

-Bowser, R.O.B., and Sonic feel massively improved.

-Charizard is great, but his Flare Blitz move gives far too much damage to himself.

-I love this game.

So before my 3DS batts ran down, I managed to play thru arcade mode 4 times (Mega Man and all 3 Fire Emblem non-hidden chars), All-Star once, and all the Stadium events at least once, plus burning thru a few matches in plain Smash mode. Having fun so far. Wish there were more Challenges, wish there were a deeper single-player mode like Subspace Emissary in Brawl. Pac-Man's stage is the best thing I ever saw, as is Boss Galaga. The Wily Castle theme (a remixed medley of MM2 music) is pretty awesome, and the Dragon Run section in particular is SUPER ace.  Also: Pac-Man Park. Of all the things I never expected to see referenced in a modern game, Pac-Mania is in the top twenty.

DAY 1 IMPRESSIONS

-Luigi's Tornado is wild. Like because Mario's isn't a special anymore his seems way stronger, and it's a more reliable finish than anything he has.

-BOWSER. HOLY SHIT. Like unless you get him at 150%, he's just not fucking leaving. His jumps are so huge, and the butt stomp saves him from upper boundary stuff. Just insane. My main right now.

-Donkey Kong still works at finishing 100-Man Melee without moving.

-I ground out 120 versus matches on one stock matches at CPU difficulty 7. My reaction speed is fucking great now.

-Duck Hunt is insane to use. Like, he has so much remote triggered stuff that he can exist in two places at once if you're smart enough.

-Lag isn't so bad, but I wouldn't want to do anything like ranked play or whatever.

-BOWSER. HOLY SHIT. Like unless you get him at 150%, he's just not fucking leaving. His jumps are so huge, and the butt stomp saves him from upper boundary stuff. Just insane. My main right now.

The only character I've been able to beat Master Core with. Bowser is the top in this game right now.