DVDVR Message Board

Well, I mean, doing more to curtail Evil Presidente's spying makes up for setting precident for Closely held companies to legally religiously discriminate. 

Because their rights mean more than yours.

It wasn't about the President's spying, it was about cops seizing and searching your cell phone, man.

Well that case I'm not farmilar with.  If you'd give a less partisan hacky source to read on it, I can familarize myself.

Then you should have read it before your snark. And your last sentence is just insanity.

Well, I mean, doing more to curtail Evil Presidente's spying makes up for setting precident for Closely held companies to legally religiously discriminate. 

It wasn't about the President's spying, it was about cops seizing and searching your cell phone, man.

Well that case I'm not farmilar with.  If you'd give a less partisan hacky source to read on it, I can familarize myself.

Then you should have read it before your snark. And your last sentence is just insanity.

So was that website

6428900779_9bee2b954a_z.jpg

• Like 1

It really isn't. Are you familiar with the foundation at all? I've heard the left go after the crazy-ring sites (and rightfully so), and the right go after the crazy-left sites (and rightfully so), but this is the first time I've heard someone attack Reason. Boggles my mind.

• Like 1

Guest The Magnificent 7

No one in life is going to solve your specific problems in life for you.  We all have our issues, and times of weakness.  Ain't nobody got time for dat.  But there is an attitude you can have in life that will serve you well in achieving what you want to in life, assuming that you a. want something in life, and b. can see shit through to the end.  Life is unfair.  It won't ever get "fair."  Some people get hung up on the existential questions about this "fairness" question and pity becomes a crushing weight.  Fuck that noise. 

I'm not even joking.  These are words to live by. 

Without wading into the politics of the situation, I can say that if you want coverage of the Supreme Court, one of the go-to resources out there is SCOTUSblog.  The recent cell phone case was Riley v California.

I hadn't been in the Land of Confusion folder in awhile, so I didn't know the Fuck You thread had gotten locked. I've just spent the last half hour or so catching up.

It's weird how a group of faceless strangers can form such a strong camaraderie that we feel genuine joy and/or sorrow for our fellow posters on here (some of them, anyway). I'd just gotten to the post about The Natural's mom and I really felt my heart sink for him. 

I know I'm a little late, Natural, but I'm very sorry for your loss. I know when my mom's time comes, I'm probably going to be a wreck for days, at least. 

Stay strong, man.

Poor SCOTUSBlog, only trying to get out information about Court decisions and getting crapped on by people who don't realize it has nothing to do with the Supremes at all.

ETA: on FB/Twitter, not here.

Poor SCOTUSBlog, only trying to get out information about Court decisions and getting crapped on by people who don't realize it has nothing to do with the Supremes at all.

ETA: on FB/Twitter, not here.

Saw that. . .absolutely insane. If people took two seconds to read their Twitter profile, they'd know it's just a group of people reporting on what's being done by the SCOTUS, quite apolitically.

Some of their comebacks have been pretty damn good, given Twitter's limitations.

• Like 1

What a bunch of pussies when the Supreme court has you all shook.  A paper had you physically ill.  Most of you are a bunch of children when it comes to politics.  Too bad we can't all benefit if you took your ball and went home.

Yeah, screw me for realizing how ridiculous it all is. I am a horrible person, a big whiny baby for doing research on a subject I had no prior knowledge of and feeling disgusted over the process. I don't recall me going off on how unfair life is and crying out for someone to rise up and rescue me from my miserable, cowardly existence.

If you need the Supreme Court to confirm your beliefs, perhaps they weren't very strong to begin with. There's a phrase that my dad uses: "Jesus wouldn't be a very good politician."

I just know that I will have to be wary when I walk into any business owned by a person of Arab descent because I could be refused service due to 'religious beliefs.'

Jingus:  Know how you feel, far too well.  Sometimes the best thing to do IS to keep yourself busy enough that you don't dwell on those negative feelings.  

Great idea.  Now, find something worthwhile for me to keep busy with, something which doesn't make me feel even worse.  And most importantly, something that doesn't involve me leaving the house or spending a single penny or getting anyone to listen to me or believe me or agree with me.  (I literally don't have a dollar to my name, and no I've got absolutely nowhere to possibly make, borrow, or otherwise obtain anything at all.)  Oh, you can't?  Well neither can I.  

I could suggest some Buddy Rose matches to you to kill some time if that would help? 

Oh goddammit, 7.  This thread is specifically and explicitly meant for the purpose of whining and bitching and moaning about stuff.  If you don't wanna read that, then don't click on it.  

• Like 1

Guest The Magnificent 7

And that's what was going on until the usual chancers decide to indulge themselves and post their political bullshit again. 

Guest The Magnificent 7

You're better than a fucking FSW/Antacular tribute gimmick Mags.

Yeah, that's what happened. 

I don't agree.  I'm physically ill.

Wow you are so clever, come into the one thread on here for pointless complaining and yell at everyone to stop being stupid. Jeez, you can't share stories here without it now being some shot against your character.

• Like 1

Don't bother with another thread.

Just go back and reread this one and watch us go from compassionate human beings to frothing imbeciles in a matter of pages - then hang your head in embarassment.

We'll let you know when you can have another.

• Like 12