DVDVR Message Board

Random TNA News - may contain peanuts, spoilers or Orbitz gum

Because he keeps saying stupid shit?

Look, I understand the guy being a TNA apologist - that's his right. But the Meltzer bashing is just plain off-base. EN0, you don't have to get too specific, given that this is the Internet, but give me even the smallest nugget of a credential that shows you know the smallest nugget of information about how journalism really works in the real world.

Even a hint of proper grammar would be a start.

Stop using Meltzer and "journalism" in the same paragraph. Its just wrong.

As far as this thread-- TNA threads have always been a clown show around here. Nobody usually bats an eye since bashing TNA and predicting their demise, based on false rumors that never seem to come to fruition, is the cool thing to do.

Dude, I've worked as mostly an editor at various newspapers for 24 freaking long, thankless years now, and trust me when I tell you I have read FAR FAR worse than Meltzer on his worst day. That's what I'm trying to tell you. And I also tried to tell you that he's not a journalist, at best he's a wrestling journalist. If you wanna call him a wrestling writer instead, that's fine.

But dude is probably making at least 4 times what I do, and I'm a fucking "journalist," so he's doing something right. He's founds a niche, which he serves, and his niche doesn't really give enough of a rat's ass about his "poor journalism" to quit subscribing to his newsletter, so it's fucking Meltzer 1, you 0.

• Like 1

Does the blue Muppet that looks like Bea Arthur's husband on Maude have a name? I know I've seen him in other skits. Is he just the Muppet equivalent of an extra? Or perhaps he's the Clint Howard of the Muppet World, in that he shows up a lot but never gets anything really important to do? Is he Grover's brother?

Mr, Johnson. Grover and him are in several skits together, like 50, or so.

You'd think after the 20th time he gets screwed over, he'd know better than to stick with any establishment that hires Grover. Grover is like the Vince Russo of the muppetverse.

The first TNT show, now called something like "Wrestling Nitro," will be taped 9/4 in Miami at the Knight Center. - Meltzer 7/95

lol, Herb can't get anything right.

Who are you trying to fool? Herb doesn't use commas or quotations.

Based off Heyman's interview, it seemed like he wanted some influence in the marketing aspects as opposed to running the whole business side. I actually think Heyman would be good with a marketing role but not in total control of all business operations.

I tried to start discussion about TNA stuff, but some of you are being stubborn. So I propose we talk about this gif of Grover serving a giant hamburger.

tumblr_n26mv8CW2T1s2wio8o6_500.gif

Hey Grover, why you running around with that hamburger in your hand?

• Like 2

He also supposedly wanted power over business parts of the company.

And we all know that a good way to keep a company around is giving heyman control of the books.

Nice strawman argument.  Go from the nebulous "business parts" to "LOL Heyman wanted to be the accountant."  ***** would read again.

Didn't Heyman flat out admit he asked for so much because he didn't really want the job, but would do it if they did something that would make it worth not seeing his kids nearly as much?  IIRC, he want X% ownership of the company.

His argument was if he owned 10% of the company he'd be more invested to make it work.

Meltzer recently talked about Heyman's plan (they talk on the phone a lot apparently) and the plan was to bring in Daniel Bryan fresh off his NXT release, Chris Hero and other Indy dudes and put them over all the "legends" (so Dbry choking out Scott Steiner), building stars and then seeing up collision courses.

Better than a blowup doll.

Didn't Heyman flat out admit he asked for so much because he didn't really want the job, but would do it if they did something that would make it worth not seeing his kids nearly as much?  IIRC, he want X% ownership of the company.

That's a pretty standard move I learned a long time ago from an asshole boss.  Don't want a job?  Quote it super high to run them off.  If they call your bluff, hey, you've just made a lot more money than you should have.

I supported TNA pretty regularly for a while, even buying the weekly PPVs.  I think people would like an alternative to WWE, but TNA moved away from that direction to being "WWE Lite".  The last several shows have been really good, but it almost feels empty with the rumors of their impending downfall.  It's also depressing that a lot of the more talented guys(including people who left TNA fairly recently like Styles & Daniels) probably wouldn't get a shot in WWE.  Just my own opinion.

That's a pretty standard move I learned a long time ago from an asshole boss.  Don't want a job?  Quote it super high to run them off.  If they call your bluff, hey, you've just made a lot more money than you should have.

Isn't that pretty much what John Morrison did when he left WWE?

• Like 1