DVDVR Message Board

Random TNA News - may contain peanuts, spoilers or Orbitz gum

They were negotiating a sale, it appeared to be a done deal, and it fell through, it's not brain rocket science, ENO

Proof?

Both Scherer and Meltzer reported it. Bob wanted Dixie kept as a figurehead.
LOL of course. The guy that got it wrong in the first place, trying to cover his ass. Sorry, thats not proof. Any offlcial comments from anyone? Toby Keith ever comment on it? Jeff Jarrett? The only official comment on the matter was from Janice Carter, who said that the company was not being sold. And the company was not sold.

You're going about this all wrong.

To EN090: what proof are you willing to accept?

Umm, I'd settle for something he reports actually happening.

Meltzer has to be the luckiest "journalist" on the face of the planet.

He can literally report anything he wants and if it doesn't happen, just make an excuse as to why, and people will buy it without even raising an eyebrow.

They were negotiating a sale, it appeared to be a done deal, and it fell through, it's not brain rocket science, ENO

Proof?
LOL of course. The guy that got it wrong in the first place, trying to cover his ass. Sorry, thats not proof. Any offlcial comments from anyone? Toby Keith ever comment on it? Jeff Jarrett? The only official comment on the matter was from Janice Carter, who said that the company was not being sold. And the company was not sold.

So the people who have legit credentials for decades can't be trusted, but the people who lied to their partners about Vince Russo being employed are of course beyond reproach.

• Like 2

Taste aside, I've always felt like TNA gets unfairly judged for not being bigger than they are.  A million viewers isn't anything to sneeze at and the majority of those are clearly ridiculously loyal viewers at that.  Raw averages 4, SmackDown 2.  WWE is like 100 times bigger than TNA and their flagship program only does about 4 times what TNA has managed to do on a comparable network on an arguably more competitive night.

Where TNA does deserve condemnation is from failing to develop any revenue streams to properly exploit those million viewers into spending any money on TNA.  They're just like WCW in that they're completely blind to anything but TV ratings.  In the pursuit of ratings, they've neglected every other revenue stream including PPVs and live events even though the main reason to produce a nationally broadcast television program is to have an avenue to promote the brand and sell those specific products to the public.

Dixie going through a table got promoted for a week.  That episode garnered their highest rating of the year.  The next week delivered their lowest.  And the next week went even lower although they did change days.  There's lessons to be learned in there including a hilarious lesson about placing your destiny in the hands of others.

I agree 150% with your condemnation of TNA for failing to get their core audience to spend money on TNA. I admit that I have not spent a dime on a TNA PPV in years-- which makes me a shitty fan, I guess-- but the fact of the matter is, the reason they don't get my money is because they have completely failed to deliver on every level for over a decade now. I want to see them succeed, I want guys to have another major place to work, I want everyone to make money...  but I'm literally FORCED to goof on them every chance I get, because the ineptitude simply reached critical mass. We need bigger stars, we need TV, we need a better channel, we need a better timeslot, we need a different night, we need two hours, we need Hogan... I mean, good Lord.

Bottom line is this: I dare even the biggest TNA fan to read this Wikipedia page, and not resent the ever-loving-hell out of that company for their absolute failure to make anything happen on a large scale.

• Like 1

I don't know why you are so interested in a gimmick like EN90. If TNA does die he will just go away or come back under a new name a while later.

Nice! About time Meltzer's #1 fanboy made an appearance.

And what do you mean "if"? I thought it was a certainty.

Proof?

So the people who have legit credentials for decades can't be trusted, but the people who lied to their partners about Vince Russo being employed are of course beyond reproach.

I didn't know Janice carter lied about Vince Russo.

What I do know is that she sent out a memo right at the beginning of the rumor mongerinf, denying that they were being sold, and she turned out to be right while Meltzer turned out to be wrong.

I know you don't want to hear that because it doesn't fit your narrative but its a fact.

Proof?

I didn't know Janice carter lied about Vince Russo.

What I do know is that she sent out a memo right at the beginning of the rumor mongerinf, denying that they were being sold, and she turned out to be right while Meltzer turned out to be wrong.

I know you don't want to hear that because it doesn't fit your narrative but its a fact.

It actually isn't factual that it was wrong. Jarrett and Keith came into buy the company and Bob Carter set one of the limitations that if he sold, Dixie had to still have authority and be a character with the company. This was reported by multiple sources. Just because you've got a hateboner towards one of the people who wrote about this DESPITE the fact that you've admitted before you don't read his work; it doesn't make your story remotely true.

I don't know why you are so interested in a gimmick like EN90. If TNA does die he will just go away or come back under a new name a while later.

Nice! About time Meltzer's #1 fanboy made an appearance.

And what do you mean "if"? I thought it was a certainty.

Nah just because I clarify what he reports doesn't make me a fanboy. I am critical of him more than most.

I simply don't get the appeal of you or the cat and mouse you are the centre off. This is coming from someone who trolls the crazies at TNAMecca near daily.

Honestly, all anyone needs to do is look back through some of these old threads and see how many of these dirstsheet predictions ended up actually happening. That pretty much speaks for itself.

When there's a 51 page thread of a bunch of you guys squeeling like giddy little girls that the company was finally going to die, while the owner kept a saying that negotiations were ongoing, and it turns out that she was right, there's not much more that needs to be said.

EN090 does realize this is wrestling and most stories reported by Meltzer and that ilk are from backstage sources, so it's a crap shoot most of the time whether it's true or not and whether it actually happened. I thought we accepted these stories for what they were a long time ago. This isn't movie or sports news. Sometimes they're true, sometimes they aren't. It's.. wrestling. That's really the only explanation that you need.

• Like 1

EN090 does realize this is wrestling and most stories reported by Meltzer and that ilk are from backstage sources, so it's a crap shoot most of the time whether it's true or not and whether it actually happened. I thought we accepted these stories for what they were a long time ago. This isn't movie or sports news. Sometimes they're true, sometimes they aren't. It's.. wrestling. That's really the only explanation that you need.

That's exactly the point. They're rumors and its obvious from the way he words stuff.

Yet people come on here and talk about his "news" so matter of factly, like its the box score of a baseball game. Its crazy.

THE DIRTSHEETS BROTHER~!

One thing that amazes me is this new wave of "smart" fans' hatred for Meltzer.  I guess young dudes want to find their own way and eschew the last generation's things on principle.  I know I didn't like my dad's music when I was a kid but, turning 40 soon, I appreciate it now. 

The thing is, they're still getting all their news from Meltzer.  When I stopped subscribing to the WON site, I stared getting my news from sites like Wrestlinginc.  Their comments sections are full of guys just like EN090 who shit all over Meltzer.  Yet they flock to these secondhand grapz newz sites who mysteriously get scoopz every Wednesday and sometimes after Meltzer's podcast appearances.  Funny how that works.  These sites' only business model is "rip off Dave Meltzer a day after he does a story" and their audience is too dumb to know it.

• Like 1

Its not about a new wave and young dudes hating

him or whatever. I just turned 28 and have been on the wrestling sites for 16 years.

I knew he was full of crap when I got suckered into ordering the 1998 Survivor Series, based off of Meltzer's reporting that Shawn Michaels would be the mystery man in the world title tournament.

His history of misinformation dates back quite a while.

Bingo,I never realized how insane out was until I actually subscribed to WON and it hit me like a ton bricks, he really is the source for 90% of it all.

And do take his "I don't KNOW, but I'd guess xyz"and turn it into "XYZ TONIGHT ON RAW!"