DVDVR Message Board

Random TNA News - may contain peanuts, spoilers or Orbitz gum

This amount of delusion is almost admirable.

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing about EN090.

What's admirable is how people will accept, as fact, just about anything that Meltzer spoon feeds to them.

Yeah because a guy who has been the journalist of note covering this business since before many of us were born has no credibility.  Holy shit. 

People believe negative reports about TNA because the company is a joke.  What's more likely:

1) Dave Meltzer is consistently wrong about TNA

2) This company, which has proven time and again that it can't find its own ass with two hands, has fucked up again

• Like 4

I used to be an enthusiastic TNA fan in like 2002/2003 before I discovered ROH because it wasn't WWE. It didn't matter that the company wasn't out of this world or anything, 15/16 year old me just wanted to watch anything except WWE. I imagine most of TNA's fans are people who either 1) love any and all pro wrestling or 2) hate WWE so much that they'll watch whatever they view as the "alternate".

So essentially the "LOL Cena Sux" crowd

This amount of delusion is almost admirable.

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing about EN090.
What's admirable is how people will accept, as fact, just about anything that Meltzer spoon feeds to them.

Yeah because a guy who has been the journalist of note covering this business since before many of us were born has no credibility. Holy shit.

People believe negative reports about TNA because the company is a joke. What's more likely:

1) Dave Meltzer is consistently wrong about TNA

2) This company, which has proven time and again that it can't find its own ass with two hands, has fucked up again

Being a "journalist" (rumor monger) since forever doesn't excuse him from at least some kind accountability.

His contradictions are more embarrassing than his grammar. He's now saying that TNA has been neogotiating with Velocity before the Spike story even came out, when initially he claimed that TNA had no other networks lined up. And now supposedly they're talking with other networks too.

This is just the latest example, just like the sale story last fall.

Look through the pages of the last thread to see how much the story has changed. And still, every time he throws another bottle of kool aid out there, people run to these message boards and peddle this stuff, like its fact, usually using it for "LOL TNA" purposes. And when these things don't come to fruition, they're forgotten about. Its laughable.

I'd like to know who are these "legit mainstream reports of professional wrestling news" the Eno90 thinks we should be getting our information from.  Obviously it's not the most reputable news source for factual information about the machinations of the grand sport.  Is there a section of the Wall Street Journal that I've been overlooking all these years?

I'd like to know who are these "legit mainstream reports of professional wrestling news" the Eno90 thinks we should be getting our information from.  Obviously it's not the most reputable news source for factual information about the machinations of the grand sport.  Is there a section of the Wall Street Journal that I've been overlooking all these years?

The Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and New York Times all have wrestling coverage.  Usually front page news.  A TNA TV deal would definitely be there.  From the Times:

theslammernydailynews.jpg

Okay, that is actually from the NY Daily news, who ran a column every Friday during the 80s and 90s.  

• Like 1

So... you have proof he's been wrong, then? Of course you don't.

You mean like the fact that the company wasn't sold after he spent months reporting that it was going to be?

And that he contradicted himself on the the Velocity stuff.

They were negotiating a sale, it appeared to be a done deal, and it fell through, it's not brain rocket science, ENO

Proof?

Both Scherer and Meltzer reported it. Bob wanted Dixie kept as a figurehead.

• Like 1

You're going about this all wrong.

To EN090: what proof are you willing to accept?

Whatever fits his narrative.

And no one on Twitter. He doesn't have one, and never has.

• Like 2